News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Colony  ( 1,428 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
The Colony
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:45:46 AM »
Was I the only one who watched this last season?  It's fun and interesting and I hope someone else is watching it so we can survive a catastrophic disease and rebuild society together.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Colony
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on August 09, 2010, 12:45:46 AM
Was I the only one who watched this last season?  It's fun and interesting and I hope someone else is watching it so we can survive a catastrophic disease and rebuild society together.

I am watching it. It's entertaining. The last episode was pretty cool. My only complaint would be the fighting/hostiles. However, it's a catch-22 anyway. They obviously are holding back but if it was "real" post-apocalyptic world those fights would be a fight to the death. Obviously, they can't kill the people on the show. I was talking to someone about it this weekend and the word they used for it is that someone watching the show could feel "cheated" in respect to that. Regardless, the rest of it is cool.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:10:55 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 09, 2010, 08:35:42 AM

I am watching it. It's entertaining. The last episode was pretty cool. My only complaint would be the fighting/hostiles. However, it's a catch-22 anyway. They obviously are holding back but if it was "real" post-apocalyptic world those fights would be a fight to the death. Obviously, they can't kill the people on the show. I was talking to someone about it this weekend and the word they used for it is that someone watching the show could feel "cheated" in respect to that. Regardless, the rest of it is cool.

If it's not a feral jungle thunderdome, it doesn't get the Full Yeti Seal of Approval.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 09, 2010, 09:10:55 AM

If it's not a feral jungle thunderdome, it doesn't get the Full Yeti Seal of Approval.

Not enough 16 year olds, either.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »

I agree, though the fighting is a lot more brutal than it was last year.  Also, they did a pretty decent job simulating a "death" last year.  I wonder if they'll do it again this year.