News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 81,387 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 12, 2010, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 03:25:34 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2010, 03:22:44 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: Night Man on August 12, 2010, 03:19:38 PM
Ever drink Baileys from a shoe?

I typically drink beer from a 2 L glass bootclown shoe.

Nixoned.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.  DON'T RUIN THIS THREAD FOR ME TOO!!!!

FUCK!

This thread just got so much more awesome.

Let's just not get distracted from the point of this thread. I need to know how to get plastered in style.

Oh, of course. May I suggest the "Perfect" Manhattan?

My dad drank Perfect Rob Roys.

I guess it's like a Perfect Manhattan, but with more porridge wog patriotism.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »
I'm not much into whiskey, but I had a shot of some Irish stuff Monday night that was simply delicious and smooth.  I can't remember what it was called...some Irish name.

Good tequila is really good.

But, the good stuff...

When drinking a mixed drink, any vodka will do, even the cheap shit.  If you're not going to taste it anyway, why bother.  The exception is vodka and soda.  Use at least call vodka for that.  As for hangovers...well, if you're drinking enough mixed drinks to be hungover the next day, fuck off.  Do shots.

When doing shots, do nothing less expensive than Stoli.  In fact, Stoli is pretty much favorite that won't usually kill the wallet.  My dad keeps Svedka around.  Sometimes Three Olives.  Either is fine when not looking to go broke.  This is most certainly NOT sipping vodka.  Keep these strictly for shots.

When drinking martinis or on the rocks, keep to the expensive vodkas.  I prefer Chopin, which is a potato vodka.  Most places don't have that, but they do have Belvedere, which is the grain brother of Chopin.  I usually stick to one of these unless there's something really rare around.  I drink my martinis about as dry as can be.  You can never have too little vermouth.  Grey Goose is fine, but I just simply prefer the Polish stuff.

One more note.  For fuck's sake, do not get your vodka shots chilled, if they are not coming out of the freezer.  If you see a bartender begin to pour your vodka over ice before pouring it to your shot glass, yell at him/her.  It's a fucking crime.  Why would anyone water down their vodka like that?  Just man up and shoot it warm and not watered down.

God damn I love me my vodka.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 12, 2010, 08:23:52 PM
I'm not much into whiskey, but I had a shot of some Irish stuff Monday night that was simply delicious and smooth.  I can't remember what it was called...some Irish name.

But, the good stuff...

When drinking a mixed drink, any vodka will do, even the cheap shit.  If you're not going to taste it anyway, why bother.  The exception is vodka and soda.  Use at least call vodka for that.  As for hangovers...well, if you're drinking enough mixed drinks to be hungover the next day, fuck off.  Do shots.

When doing shots, do nothing less expensive than Stoli.  In fact, Stoli is pretty much favorite that won't usually kill the wallet.  My dad keeps Svedka around.  Sometimes Three Olives.  Either is fine when not looking to go broke.  This is most certainly NOT sipping vodka.  Keep these strictly for shots.

When drinking martinis or on the rocks, keep to the expensive vodkas.  I prefer Chopin, which is a potato vodka.  Most places don't have that, but they do have Belvedere, which is the grain brother of Chopin.  I usually stick to one of these unless there's something really rare around.  I drink my martinis about as dry as can be.  You can never have too little vermouth.  Grey Goose is fine, but I just simply prefer the Polish stuff.

One more note.  For fuck's sake, do not get your vodka shots chilled, if they are not coming out of the freezer.  If you see a bartender begin to pour your vodka over ice before pouring it to your shot glass, yell at him/her.  It's a fucking crime.  Why would anyone water down their vodka like that?  Just man up and shoot it warm and not watered down.

What is your prefered brand to smash on the floor?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 12, 2010, 08:30:20 PM

But, the good stuff...

I don't remember.  I think it was Stoli.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 12, 2010, 08:40:49 PM

But, the good stuff...

Tell us about the absinthe.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
If you see a bartender begin to pour your vodka over ice before pouring it to your shot glass, yell at him/her.

Like, really loudly?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2010, 02:47:52 AM »

But, the good stuff...

When drinking martinis or on the rocks, keep to the expensive vodkas.  I prefer Chopin, which is a potato vodka.  Most places don't have that, but they do have Belvedere, which is the grain brother of Chopin.  I usually stick to one of these unless there's something really rare around.  I drink my martinis about as dry as can be.  You can never have too little vermouth.  Grey Goose is fine, but I just simply prefer the Polish stuff.

THI.

SKO, if you want to get drunk in style, this is all you need to know.  Except that, of course, a martini is made with gin, not vodka.  Oleg's a dumb Uke, and so is James Bond.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 03:04:07 AM »

But, the good stuff...

Also, THI.

Any decent spirit should be perfectly palatable - if not better, even - at room temperature.  A drop of water in your malt is the only time you should ever dilute anything that's being drunk without a mixer.

Of course, if you're drinking pish (for instance this, this, this, or more or less anything Greek), then go for your life.  Do whatever you need to do to mask the awful, awful taste.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2010, 03:04:07 AM
Quote from: Oleg

Also, THI.

Any decent spirit should be perfectly palatable - if not better, even - at room temperature.  A drop of water in your malt is the only time you should ever dilute anything that's being drunk without a mixer.

That's not to say a properly chilled (or frozen) vodka can't be an enjoyable experience, along with either Beluga & toasts or nice crusty bread.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 12, 2010, 08:58:28 PM

But, the good stuff...

The only time I had absinthe was in London just after we invaded Afghanistan.  It was in some weird goth-like bar (I think somewhere near Piccadilly, but I don't remember).  It wasn't that great and didn't do much that any strong alcohol hasn't done.  I can see why someone would think it was hallucinogenic, but you probably need to drink a lot of it, which was just not in the cards.

I did end up getting into a weird argument with some Irish Republican over the war.  Once he realized I was American, he didn't care that we had our politics in common, he just wanted to yell at me for a war that I was most definitely not in favor of in the first place.  It was quite bizarre.  Once I found out he was and Irish nationalist, I just kind of gave him shit about supporting the crown and shit like that.  Apparently, I was kind of lucky to leave with my life.

I swear this part is true...as we were walking out, he was making out with some Italian dude.  It was a bizarre scene, man.

Maybe there really is something to this absinthe stuff after all.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:02 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 13, 2010, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: CBStew on August 12, 2010, 08:58:28 PM

But, the good stuff...

The only time I had absinthe was in London just after we invaded Afghanistan.  It was in some weird goth-like bar (I think somewhere near Piccadilly, but I don't remember).  It wasn't that great and didn't do much that any strong alcohol hasn't done.  I can see why someone would think it was hallucinogenic, but you probably need to drink a lot of it, which was just not in the cards.

I did end up getting into a weird argument with some Irish Republican over the war.  Once he realized I was American, he didn't care that we had our politics in common, he just wanted to yell at me for a war that I was most definitely not in favor of in the first place.  It was quite bizarre.  Once I found out he was and Irish nationalist, I just kind of gave him shit about supporting the crown and shit like that.  Apparently, I was kind of lucky to leave with my life.

I swear this part is true...as we were walking out, he was making out with some Italian dude.  It was a bizarre scene, man.

Maybe there really is something to this absinthe stuff after all.

I was given, and drank, a very large absinthe immediately upon arrival in Riga for my Stag weekend.  I didn't hallucinate, but the World definitely went a little fuzzy around the edges for an hour or so.

Also, fuck the IRA.  When I'm king of the World, Slab Murphy and his mob will be first against the wall.  Murderous bastards.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:47 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 13, 2010, 07:30:41 AM

Also, THI.

Any decent spirit should be perfectly palatable - if not better, even - at room temperature.  A drop of water in your malt is the only time you should ever dilute anything that's being drunk without a mixer.

That's not to say a properly chilled (or frozen) vodka can't be an enjoyable experience, along with either Beluga & toasts or nice crusty bread.

Which is why I very carefully didn't say that.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:09 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2010, 07:57:47 AM

Also, THI.

Yeah, but you also didn't say what goes well with ram's balls.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 13, 2010, 08:23:09 AM
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2010, 07:57:47 AM

Also, THI.

Yeah, but you also didn't say what goes well with ram's balls.

Duh.  Everything goes well with rams' balls.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2010, 02:47:52 AM
I'm not much into whiskey, but I had a shot of some Irish stuff Monday night that was simply delicious and smooth.  I can't remember what it was called...some Irish name.

But, the good stuff...

When drinking a mixed drink, any vodka will do, even the cheap shit.  If you're not going to taste it anyway, why bother.  The exception is vodka and soda.  Use at least call vodka for that.  As for hangovers...well, if you're drinking enough mixed drinks to be hungover the next day, fuck off.  Do shots.

When doing shots, do nothing less expensive than Stoli.  In fact, Stoli is pretty much favorite that won't usually kill the wallet.  My dad keeps Svedka around.  Sometimes Three Olives.  Either is fine when not looking to go broke.  This is most certainly NOT sipping vodka.  Keep these strictly for shots.

When drinking martinis or on the rocks, keep to the expensive vodkas.  I prefer Chopin, which is a potato vodka.  Most places don't have that, but they do have Belvedere, which is the grain brother of Chopin.  I usually stick to one of these unless there's something really rare around.  I drink my martinis about as dry as can be.  You can never have too little vermouth.  Grey Goose is fine, but I just simply prefer the Polish stuff.

One more note.  For fuck's sake, do not get your vodka shots chilled, if they are not coming out of the freezer.  If you see a bartender begin to pour your vodka over ice before pouring it to your shot glass, yell at him/her.  It's a fucking crime.  Why would anyone water down their vodka like that?  Just man up and shoot it warm and not watered down.

THI.

SKO, if you want to get drunk in style, this is all you need to know.  Except that, of course, a martini is made with gin, not vodka.  Oleg's a dumb Uke, and so is James Bond.

The only time I've ever gotten a martini I had it with Gin. As far as the colorless spirits go, Gin is tops. Vodka doesn't even compare in my book. Also, light, non-spiced rum is the devil's work.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015