News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 81,207 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-08/24/pissky

James Gilpin is a designer and researcher who works on the implementation of new biomedical technologies. He's also got type 1 diabetes, where his body doesn't produce enough insulin to regulate blood sugar levels.

So he's started a project called Gilpin Family Whisky, which turns the sugar-rich urine of elderly diabetics into a high-end single malt whisky, suitable for export.

The source material is acquired from elderly volunteers, including Gilpin's own grandmother, Patricia. The urine is purified in the same way as mains water is purified, with the sugar molecules removed and added to the mash stock to accelerate the whisky's fermentation process. Traditionally, that sugar would be made from the starches in the mash.

Once fermented into a clear alcohol spirit, whisky blends are added to give colour, taste and viscosity, and the product is bottled with the name and age of the contributor.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 01, 2010, 09:31:27 AM

James Gilpin is a designer and researcher who works on the implementation of new biomedical technologies. He's also got type 1 diabetes, where his body doesn't produce enough insulin to regulate blood sugar levels.

So he's started a project called Gilpin Family Whisky, which turns the sugar-rich urine of elderly diabetics into a high-end single malt whisky, suitable for export.

The source material is acquired from elderly volunteers, including Gilpin's own grandmother, Patricia. The urine is purified in the same way as mains water is purified, with the sugar molecules removed and added to the mash stock to accelerate the whisky's fermentation process. Traditionally, that sugar would be made from the starches in the mash.

Once fermented into a clear alcohol spirit, whisky blends are added to give colour, taste and viscosity, and the product is bottled with the name and age of the contributor.

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 01, 2010, 09:36:00 AM

I ain't drinkin' no piss whiskey.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 01, 2010, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: Bort on September 01, 2010, 09:36:00 AM

I ain't drinkin' no piss whiskey.

Oh, fuck that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2010, 01:58:27 PM »
Picked up a bottle of this on a whim at lunch today.

I'm hoping it's worth a try.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 10, 2010, 01:58:27 PM

Looks like a swarthy cologne bottle for bears.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 10, 2010, 03:43:15 PM

Then it's worth a try...

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »
Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

I told you that Lost was real.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 10, 2010, 04:43:25 PM
Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

I told you that Lost was real.

The fact that Lost used Ankhs is the least surprising etc.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 10, 2010, 03:43:15 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. (||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
The Bear Cologne is pretty decent. I'd give it a B+

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »
In order to toast my recently deceased friend, a friend of ours brought us a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label provided by his very wealthy father. It was the greatest beverage I've ever had. I only wish it came under better circumstances. Also, I met THE Gil Gunderson and he provided me with a bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon, and it's everything he said it would be.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2010, 11:08:40 PM
In order to toast my recently deceased friend, a friend of ours brought us a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label provided by his very wealthy father. It was the greatest beverage I've ever had. I only wish it came under better circumstances. Also, I met THE Gil Gunderson and he provided me with a bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon, and it's everything he said it would be.

I'm sure Johnny Walker Blue Label is good, but nonetheless I'd balk at paying a couple of hundred bucks for a bottle of blended whisky.  I just can't see how it can be as good as a malt.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 12, 2010, 11:59:13 AM

I'm sure Johnny Walker Blue Label is good, but nonetheless I'd balk at paying a couple of hundred bucks for a bottle of blended whisky.  I just can't see how it can be as good as a malt.

Trust me, it's worth it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2010, 04:14:42 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 12, 2010, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: Tonker on September 12, 2010, 11:59:13 AM

Trust me, it's worth it.

Do you drink malts, too, Gil?  Because I really need the opinion of somebody who knows the difference...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.