News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The IT Crowd  ( 920 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The IT Crowd
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »
Written by Graham Linehan, whose credits read like a what's what of British/Irish comedy over the last ten years : "Black Books", "The Fast Show", "Brass Eye", "Big Train" and of course "Father Ted", it's about two blokes and a bird that work in the IT department of a large company.  I'm half way through season 2 and there have been some genuine laughs in there, particularly in the later stuff.  Small parts for Noel Fielding and Matt Berry ("The Mighty Boosh") and Chris Morris (the genius behind "Brass Eye", and the man who gave Steve Coogan and "Alan Partridge" a leg up), so it's got pedigree coming out of its ears.

I don't think this will have been shown Stateside as it's Channel4 not Auntie Beeb, but it's widely available on B*tT*rr*nt.  Recommended.

P.S.  If you like British comedy, this post is basically all you need to know.  That, and "Green Wing".

EDIT : should also have mentioned "Garth Marenghi's Dark Place", which is basically the same cast as Boosh and IT Crowd.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: The IT Crowd
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 06, 2010, 10:47:35 AM
Written by Graham Linehan, whose credits read like a what's what of British/Irish comedy over the last ten years : "Black Books", "The Fast Show", "Brass Eye", "Big Train" and of course "Father Ted", it's about two blokes and a bird that work in the IT department of a large company.  I'm half way through season 2 and there have been some genuine laughs in there, particularly in the later stuff.  Small parts for Noel Fielding and Matt Berry ("The Mighty Boosh") and Chris Morris (the genius behind "Brass Eye", and the man who gave Steve Coogan and "Alan Partridge" a leg up), so it's got pedigree coming out of its ears.

I don't think this will have been shown Stateside as it's Channel4 not Auntie Beeb, but it's widely available on B*tT*rr*nt.  Recommended.

P.S.  If you like British comedy, this post is basically all you need to know.  That, and "Green Wing".

I have watched Season 1.  I liked it quite a bit.  Will have to check out "Green Wing".