News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Dark Tower  ( 1,673 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Dark Tower
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
There used to be a thread about these books somewhere. This sounds crazy:

QuoteThe plan is to start with the feature film, and then create a bridge to the second feature with a season of TV episodes. That means the feature cast—and the big star who'll play Deschain—also has to appear in the TV series before returning to the second film. After that sequel is done, the TV series picks up again, this time focusing on Deschain as a young gunslinger. Those storylines will be informed by a prequel comic book series that King was heavily involved in plotting. The third film would pick up the mature Deshain as he completes his journey. They will benefit from being able to use the same sets cast and crew for the movie and TV, which could help contain costs on what will be a financially ambitious undertaking.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: The Dark Tower
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks for the heads-up.  It's a shame that Clint Eastwood is too damn old to play Roland now.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »
I always kinda thought the old Carradine dude would make an alright Roland.  I think he's probably too old now, also, though. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:21 PM »
Quote from: JD on September 08, 2010, 09:02:46 PM
I always kinda thought the old Carradine dude would make an alright Roland.  I think he's probably too old now, also, though. 

And smelly too, I'd imagine.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 08, 2010, 09:59:21 PM

I bet he would choke up if he got the part.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 08, 2010, 11:39:28 PM

I bet he'd masturbate in a closet while cutting off the oxygen to his brain, if you catch my meaning.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:29 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 08, 2010, 11:43:32 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 08, 2010, 11:39:28 PM

I bet he'd masturbate in a closet while cutting off the oxygen to his brain, if you catch my meaning.

Mind. Blown.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.