News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Running Wilde  ( 3,186 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Running Wilde
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:16:35 AM »
Decent. Has some promise. Makes me miss Arrested Development that much more.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Running Wilde
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 22, 2010, 12:16:35 AM

Never saw it. But am sure it sucks ass. Bet it doesn't make it 5 episodes.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
I suppose this is as good a thread as any to put my frustation at the titling trope of "Gerunding Proper Noun."

Running Wilde, Raising Hope, Chasing Amy, Judging Amy, Killing Zoe, Boxing Helena, Crossing Jordan, etc.

Anyway, I'm sure this one will be in a dead heat with Raising Hope for me not caring.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 11:59:36 AM
I suppose this is as good a thread as any to put my frustation at the titling trope of "Gerunding Proper Noun (and one of the words* is a pun!)"

Running Wilde, Raising Hope, Chasing Amy, Judging Amy, Killing Zoe, Boxing Helena, Crossing Jordan, etc.

Ignoring the feature films'd

*Usually the proper noun, which is generally the main character's name but also the same as or similar to a word that would render the title a familiar idiomatic phrase
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
Come to think of it (and speaking purely pedantically), none of those '-ing' words are gerunds at all.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 23, 2010, 12:33:00 PM
Come to think of it (and speaking purely pedantically), none of those '-ing' words are gerunds at all.

Yeah, but "Gerunding" sounds more amusing.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:45 PM »
Grammar homos. Can't you find something else to spend your time with?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 23, 2010, 12:39:45 PM

Quiet...

I have a feeling...somewhere in the world...someone is calling for a bunt.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 23, 2010, 11:35:58 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 22, 2010, 12:16:35 AM

Never saw it. But am sure it sucks ass. Bet it doesn't make it 5 episodes.

Don't be asshurt that I insulted what is sure to be the best show ever.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on September 23, 2010, 12:39:45 PM

Quiet...

I have a feeling...somewhere in the world...someone is calling for a bunt.

I have a feeling that I don't think I can follow up with.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 11:59:36 AM
I suppose this is as good a thread as any to put my frustation at the titling trope of "Gerunding Proper Noun."

Anyway, I'm sure this one will be in a dead heat with Raising Hope for me not caring.

I wanted to make a similar point but I fell asleep halfway through trying to muster up enough give-a-shit to write it down.

Fuck all of these shows. I can imagine the suited goons in a big board room coming up with these retarded names and then chuckling like they're residents of the fucking monkey house at Brookfield Zoo.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
Examples and synopses:

Beating Offe - John Offe is king of the ring in this boxing-centric comedy. He's got the title belt and four friends are determined to beat him and take the crown. Hilarity ensues.

Smoking Pole - Marius Franticzewski is a tobacco lobbyist in Washington DC. He's got looks and charm but his Polish background causes him to engage in such silly acts as raking leaves directly from the tree or incorrectly interpreting road signs to mean that the destination had mysteriously uprooted and vanished. Hilarity ensues.

Heaving Breasts - Ron Balderdash is a legendary chicken thrower in a fictional universe where...

Meh.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 23, 2010, 01:33:39 PM
Examples and synopses:

Beating Offe - John Offe is king of the ring in this boxing-centric comedy. He's got the title belt and four friends are determined to beat him and take the crown. Hilarity ensues.

Smoking Pole - Marius Franticzewski is a tobacco lobbyist in Washington DC. He's got looks and charm but his Polish background causes him to engage in such silly acts as raking leaves directly from the tree or incorrectly interpreting road signs to mean that the destination had mysteriously uprooted and vanished. Hilarity ensues.

Heaving Breasts - Ron Balderdash is a legendary chicken thrower in a fictional universe where...

Meh.

*applause*

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
Examples and synopses:

Meh.

I really wish I was you and not this Yeti character that I hang my hat on.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
Examples and synopses:

Meh.

*applause*

Bravo.