News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Raising Hope  ( 4,253 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Raising Hope
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:44 AM »
New show on Fox, pilot was funny. 20 year old guy rescues girl from her boyfriend, who chases her down the street.. she sleeps with him, he finds out she's killed all her ex boyfriends... he turns her in, she ends up pregnant by him. She's electrocuted. He now has to raise the baby. Hijinx.

All the makings for a good dark comedy. Martha Plimpton was great as the kid's grandmother. Cloris Leachman is in this as well. From the guy who did My Name is Earl.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Raising Hope
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 23, 2010, 08:19:44 AM
New show on Fox, pilot was funny. 20 year old guy rescues girl from her boyfriend, who chases her down the street.. she sleeps with him, he finds out she's killed all her ex boyfriends... he turns her in, she ends up pregnant by him. She's electrocuted. He now has to raise the baby. Hijinx.

All the makings for a good dark comedy. Martha Plimpton was great as the kid's grandmother. Cloris Leachman is in this as well. From the guy who did My Name is Earl.

I laughed a lot, but I laughed a lot at Earl too.  It's pretty much Earl but with a kid.  This Garcia fella has a niche.  Although he did do that terrible show with that Mike guy.  You know.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:41:43 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 23, 2010, 08:36:17 AM

I laughed a lot, but I laughed a lot at Earl too.  It's pretty much Earl but with a kid.  This Garcia fella has a niche.  Although he did do that terrible show with that Mike guy.  You know.

even had a TV announcer describing a small-time crook finishing his list of making amends.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »

In case you were wondering, this is where your fail pile of a post began.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 23, 2010, 09:32:23 AM

Thanks for your contributions Fork.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 23, 2010, 09:50:04 AM

It was a terrible pilot for what is sure to be a terrible show that'll be cancelled after about 6 episodes.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 23, 2010, 10:23:41 AM

It was a terrible pilot for what is sure to be a terrible show that'll be cancelled after about 6 episodes.

I'll take the over on your terrible Peoria wrongness
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

Lot a hatred for a stupid 30 minute pilot. Must hit pretty close to home.
What was the stripper's name?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 11:16:01 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 23, 2010, 10:47:10 AM

I bet it's awful, but I'll take the over too, sight unseen.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 23, 2010, 11:16:01 AM

I agree with Tank. Never underestimate the desire of people to watch shitty television.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 11:17:41 AM

I agree with Tank. Never underestimate the desire of people to watch shitty television.

Or the willingness of Fox to allow them to.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »

What if it lasts exactly 6 episodes?  Who wins then?  Or do we all lose?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 23, 2010, 11:34:03 AM

What if it lasts exactly 6 episodes?  Who wins then?  Or do we all lose?

A tie goes to the terrorists.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »

My wife watched it, told me she thought I might like it.

She was wronger than Gil in a wrongroom.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 27, 2010, 10:54:45 AM

My wife watched it, told me she thought I might like it.

She was wronger than Gil in a wrongroom.

I'm on record as a hater of this show.