News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 55,173 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 05, 2012, 09:35:44 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 28, 2012, 12:04:19 PM
What are the writers from Lost, Terriers and Rubicon up to these days? If they killed off every character (OK, maybe keep Daryl) and hired all new writers from good shows, this show could be pretty good.

Funny thing... The writer of last night's episode (plus the episode earlier this season in which Angela jumps Shane's bohunk bone) was also a staff writer on Terriers, writing two episodes (she wrote the episode in which Hank and Britt track down the cancer woman's "stolen" ring and co-wrote the second to last episode, where the guy who looks like John-Boy Walton gets killed).

So we've got writers from at least 2 excellent shows - Terriers and The Shield - and yet we still have an end product which, if we're lucky, includes 5 minutes of entertainment and 40 minutes of shitty actors delivering Entourage level dialogue. Maybe this show is just DOOMED.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
DPD. Fun with T-Dog from the AV Club comments.

QuoteT-Dog is the perfect character that anyone can gravitate to because he's the empty vessel that can be filled however necessary. With every other character on this show, the better I know them, the less I like them; thus, I like T-Dog best.

QuoteNow I'm going to imagine him as this George Costanza type who finally saw an opportunity to have a cool nick name after everyone who knew him died, and decided on T-Dog.

QuoteWas T-Dog even in the house for that meeting?

QuoteWhen Dale said "Isn't anyone going to be speak?!" I was expecting T-Dog to launch into a stirring 3-minute monologue, starting with "Look, I know I don't say much around here, but..."

QuoteThe fun thing about T-Dog is that when he is inevitably bitten and turned into a zombie, we'll have 3 or 4 four episodes of guessing whether he's actually been converted or if he's just moping around in a wordless stupor per usual. Still, I really hope he gets a catchphrase....

QuoteOn the "Talking Dead" show they mentioned that the dying cow that Dale finds was originally written to be another cast member, but they don't say who. I wonder if it was supposed to be T-Dog. It's not like he's doing anything else.

(for Gil)
QuoteT-Dog is a black Observer.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 12:03:45 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 05, 2012, 09:35:44 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 28, 2012, 12:04:19 PM
What are the writers from Lost, Terriers and Rubicon up to these days? If they killed off every character (OK, maybe keep Daryl) and hired all new writers from good shows, this show could be pretty good.

Funny thing... The writer of last night's episode (plus the episode earlier this season in which Angela jumps Shane's bohunk bone) was also a staff writer on Terriers, writing two episodes (she wrote the episode in which Hank and Britt track down the cancer woman's "stolen" ring and co-wrote the second to last episode, where the guy who looks like John-Boy Walton gets killed).

So we've got writers from at least 2 excellent shows - Terriers and The Shield - and yet we still have an end product which, if we're lucky, includes 5 minutes of entertainment and 40 minutes of shitty actors delivering Entourage level dialogue. Maybe this show is just DOOMED.

There's also a writer from Rescue Me (which I've never really watched but which some people seem to like... I guess), Evan Reilly.

He wrote "Cherokee Rose" (the walker in the well, Glen and Maggie bumping uglies) and "Nebraska" (Britt from Terriers, Lori crashing Maggie's car) and co-wrote next week's episode with Glen Mazzara (showrunner, ex-Shield).
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
Also: the guy who wrote the screenplay for the movie Orphan.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »
Why are you all still watching this?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2012, 07:40:27 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 07, 2012, 03:27:30 AM

You're asking that question to people that continually watch the Cubs...

But, really, after the promise of last season, I believe there is a huge desire by those who watch to enjoy the show, and it is failing

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on March 07, 2012, 07:40:27 AM

But, really, after the promise of last season, I believe there is a huge desire by those who watch to enjoy the show, and it is failing

Yeti scores big. It's obvious we're drawn to watch things we hate.

I think I actually like hating this show.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 07, 2012, 09:54:12 AM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on March 07, 2012, 07:40:27 AM

Yeti scores big. It's obvious we're drawn to watch things we hate.

I think I actually like hating this show.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2012, 12:36:07 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 05, 2012, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 11:46:48 AM
Though I should probably just hang my head and resign myself to the fact that this is what The Walking Dead is. It's LOST with every single character as Kate.

Holy shit, this.

No, it's worse. I'm only two-thirds of the way through episode 10, and it is unspeakably worse. I should just get in a cab and get a bracelet.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 11:46:48 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 05, 2012, 04:37:21 AM
So glad they finally killed that annoying asshole.  Fuck it's about time.

Yes, now maybe something will actually get done.

No, they've got to get rid of that little shit Carl. He offers nothing except inertia. Doll-eyed, slack-jawed, smart-ass inertia. And then Frog Lips the "civil rights attorney." And Susan Powter. Fuck it, turn them all into zombies and put them back into the barn. Except T-Dog, who can be put to work growing cabbage for Glenn's postapocalyptic kimchi empire.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
I did not see that coming.

#RIPBohunk
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »
So, how the fuck was bohunk infected?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on March 11, 2012, 10:32:49 PM

Airborne zombification? I don't get it.

Either way, finally something is happening.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2012, 11:36:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 11, 2012, 11:15:20 PM

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jenner, the CDC guy, whispered something to Rick about the blood tests?

Could it have been that Bohunk was infected?  Hence the violent mood swings and the sudden transformation post-death?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2012, 02:04:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 11, 2012, 11:36:55 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 11, 2012, 11:15:20 PM

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jenner, the CDC guy, whispered something to Rick about the blood tests?

Could it have been that Bohunk was infected?  Hence the violent mood swings and the sudden transformation post-death?

Maybe some people are semi-resistant carriers of the virus for whom it isn't fatal and who thus only fully zombify after dying from other causes.