News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 55,025 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 11, 2014, 04:05:46 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on March 31, 2014, 01:37:56 AM
Wait, that was the finale? For some reason, I thought it was supposed to be the penultimate episode.

Synopsis: "We're on a mission from G-d"*

At least Supernatural is still cranking along nicely.

* Per Zap2it, bizarrely: "The mother of all cliffhangers."

So they all went to Terminus and put them in a train. And now they're going to fight their way out of a train while surrounded by people with weapons who, I assume, are cannibals?

This could easily go in the "I admit it" thread, but that was a pretty great episode and seems to point toward a promising direction. Mainly, that Morgan/Hawkins is back in the picture.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2014, 12:54:49 PM
Wait, that was the finale? For some reason, I thought it was supposed to be the penultimate episode.

So they all went to Terminus and put them in a train. And now they're going to fight their way out of a train while surrounded by people with weapons who, I assume, are cannibals?

This could easily go in the "I admit it" thread, but that was a pretty great episode and seems to point toward a promising direction. Mainly, that Morgan/Hawkins is back in the picture.

Like...that was the best episode of the show, period. By far. It was absolutely awesome.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2014, 12:54:49 PM

Like...that was the best episode of the show, period. By far. It was absolutely awesome.

All they had to do was kill off Shane and Andrea, turn Tyrese in to a one-man wrecking crew, and keep the Carl to a minimum. I know he was in the boxcar, but I don't remember seeing him really ... anywhere after that.

Less Carl. More ...

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »
I know Slak's love for AVClub, but I was checking out their review: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-no-sanctuary-210380 How do they review that episode and NOT mention Morgan/Hawkins?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2014, 09:34:34 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 15, 2014, 08:25:08 AM
I know Slak's love for AVClub, but I was checking out their review: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-no-sanctuary-210380 How do they review that episode and NOT mention Morgan/Hawkins?

Ok maybe I missed something? Where did he show up? In the previews?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 15, 2014, 09:34:34 AM

Right at the end -- maybe post credits, even. They show a guy in a black mask walking down the train tracks looking all badass. Que swelling of music and dramatic unmask trope. BAM! Lonnie James.

Edit: Confirmed. I just rewatched the end. It's after the credits, "next week on The Walking Dead", and even production company titles. He walks up to the "(No) Sanctuary blah blah blah" sign that Rick changed.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 15, 2014, 09:49:28 AM

Right at the end -- maybe post credits, even. They show a guy in a black mask walking down the train tracks looking all badass. Que swelling of music and dramatic unmask trope. BAM! Lonnie James.

Edit: Confirmed. I just rewatched the end. It's after the credits, "next week on The Walking Dead", and even production company titles. He walks up to the "(No) Sanctuary blah blah blah" sign that Rick changed.

Oh hell yes.

The thing about this episode and show's turn overall that I love is it's becoming very much more Falloutesque. It's basically if Fallout was a virus apocalypse instead of a nuclear one. Wander around. Find fucked up people and their fucked up stories. It's good.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 15, 2014, 10:29:39 AM

Oh hell yes.

The thing about this episode and show's turn overall that I love is it's becoming very much more Falloutesque. It's basically if Fallout was a virus apocalypse instead of a nuclear one. Wander around. Find fucked up people and their fucked up stories. It's good.

Now you've made me sad that Fallout 4 doesn't exist yet

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2014, 11:03:18 AM »

First, it's Lennie you idito.

Second, I just found out that Lennie James is very, very English.

Third, there should really be a show where Lennie James and Idris Elba team up and become some anti-hero brother sheriffs or marshals (maybe renegade arms dealers with a moral compass fighting against a corrupt provisional government and helping endangered survivors along the way) and set it in a post-apocalyptic America. Sort of like Deadwood/Tombstone meets Jericho/The Walking Dead/Revolution.

I guess you could throw some obligatory Timothy Olyphant in there since he's got a lock on that kind of role now, but mostly I want Elba/James kicking ass across the country as the McGeddin brothers. If they sell guns and the show is on CBS you could call it something cheesy like "The Arms McGeddin" or put it on premium cable and call it something like "Omega." Ideally this show ends up on Cinemax and goes the "80% tits and gun fights" route like "Banshee." Let's make this happen, America.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: October 15, 2014, 11:09:53 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 15, 2014, 11:03:18 AM

Third, there should really be a show where Lennie James and Idris Elba team up and become some anti-hero brother sheriffs or marshals (maybe renegade arms dealers with a moral compass fighting against a corrupt provisional government and helping endangered survivors along the way) and set it in a post-apocalyptic America. Sort of like Deadwood/Tombstone meets Jericho/The Walking Dead/Revolution.

I guess you could throw some obligatory Timothy Olyphant in there since he's got a lock on that kind of role now, but mostly I want Elba/James kicking ass across the country as the McGeddin brothers. If they sell guns and the show is on CBS you could call it something cheesy like "The Arms McGeddin" or put it on premium cable and call it something like "Omega." Ideally this show ends up on Cinemax and goes the "80% tits and gun fights" route like "Banshee." Let's make this happen, America.

*frantically begins writing a check*

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »
Here's a short article about Morgan's return with a YouTube clip of the post-credits scene:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1013746-morgan-jones-in-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-lennie-james-returns-at-end-of-episode-1/

QuoteSo yeah, he's actually on their trail, and the Terminus thing is helping him hopefully stay on that trail. And it's certainly a question as to whether he'll meet up with them, or when he'll meet up with them, but we've got a lot of big plans for the character of Morgan, so stay tuned.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: October 15, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
Speaking of former Wire actors, Seth Gilliam (Ellis Carver) was in the previews for next week and/or the season as a priest. It appears to be verified on his Wiki page.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: October 15, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 15, 2014, 11:21:55 AM
Here's a short article about Morgan's return with a YouTube clip of the post-credits scene:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1013746-morgan-jones-in-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-lennie-james-returns-at-end-of-episode-1/

QuoteSo yeah, he's actually on their trail, and the Terminus thing is helping him hopefully stay on that trail. And it's certainly a question as to whether he'll meet up with them, or when he'll meet up with them, but we've got a lot of big plans for the character of Morgan, so stay tuned.

I love that there's a link to an article about fan speculation on who dies with a SPOILER warning.

"DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT SOME NERD BELIEVES MIGHT HAPPEN."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »

Shit, we couldn't even get CRACK BACK made.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: October 20, 2014, 01:47:28 AM »

This could easily go in the "I admit it" thread.

Anyway, Carol's revivification aside, I'm amazed at the level of audience ignorance about even basement-level virology that is demanded to allow everything with a even a whiff of Mullet to "turn" into anything but farce.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!