News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 55,316 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »
Sweet jesus this last episode was terrible. An hour of Andrea being a boring borerson, the Governor twirling his eyestache, and Cutty in conflict with some loser from his group who I don't care about.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2013, 02:27:27 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 19, 2013, 11:32:16 AM
Sweet jesus this last episode was terrible. An hour of Andrea being a boring borerson, the Governor twirling his eyestache, and Cutty in conflict with some loser from his group who I don't care about.

Yeah... I'm sure the various flash points and divisions will matter for the coming conflagration, but that was half an episode's worth of plot development—at the most—stretched out to a full hour. Shades of season two's constant dicking around.

On the plus side, things seem set up for some real shit to go down in the final two episodes. One hopes.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
No? Yes?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 02, 2013, 09:32:44 PM
No? Yes?

I was okay with it all. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

But I bet plenty of people did hate it.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: April 03, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 02, 2013, 11:41:26 PM
No? Yes?

I did

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: April 03, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2013, 08:29:49 AM
No? Yes?

I did

I was mostly just bored. None of these characters really interest me anymore. The Governor has turned into a cartoon supervillain. At least they killed off Andrea. My god was she a fun vacuum.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 03, 2013, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2013, 08:29:49 AM
No? Yes?

I did

I was mostly just bored. None of these characters really interest me anymore. The Governor has turned into a cartoon supervillain. At least they killed off Andrea. My god was she a fun vacuum.

Yeah, I'm with Thrill. It was just ok. It didn't piss me off.

This Governor shit has to end. Clearly that's not happening.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 04, 2013, 09:25:13 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2013, 06:25:55 PM
http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few-things-that-make-no-sense-about-the-walking-dead-33-photos/

Is 1-33 DEAD PEOPLE COMING BACK TO LIFE?

I assume it's just pictures of people watching the show, and then bitching about how much it sucks.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I started watching this, gritted through season 2, and am up to the end of season 3. Here's the thing I don't understand:

Everyone is a carrier of the virus and if you die, you turn in to a walker. I get that mechanism. But how come people who already carry the virus turn in to walkers if they're bitten. They already carry the virus, right? Also, if it's the saliva that causes it, then why in the fuck are people punching zombies in the face? That's fucking stupid.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like arming everyone with swords would be a hell of a lot more efficient.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 18, 2013, 03:08:01 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I started watching this, gritted through season 2, and am up to the end of season 3. Here's the thing I don't understand:

Everyone is a carrier of the virus and if you die, you turn in to a walker. I get that mechanism. But how come people who already carry the virus turn in to walkers if they're bitten. They already carry the virus, right? Also, if it's the saliva that causes it, then why in the fuck are people punching zombies in the face? That's fucking stupid.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like arming everyone with swords would be a hell of a lot more efficient.

I think when you watch this show it's best not to think too hard.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
Finally saw the mid season finale.

Anyone else? I suppose I can say what happened since clicking this thread while not being up to date would be almost as dumb as watching this show in the first place.

Anyway it was nice to see shit finally happen. I get that they're trying to make us feel for each character with the long, drawn out episodes leading up to the big showdowns but this pattern just can't continue.

What I've still wanted to see, and maybe I will now that the prison appears to be done for, is the group (whoever the group is going to be going forward) interacting with other survivors or traveling beyond Urinedale, Georgia to see what the fuck else is out there.

Would it be unreasonable to think there's a MASSIVE settlement of human beings somewhere in the Southeast? In the US? There has to be. Find it. Find a way to get there. Let's have a road trip. COME ON.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2013, 10:56:51 AM
Finally saw the mid season finale.

Anyone else? I suppose I can say what happened since clicking this thread while not being up to date would be almost as dumb as watching this show in the first place.

Anyway it was nice to see shit finally happen. I get that they're trying to make us feel for each character with the long, drawn out episodes leading up to the big showdowns but this pattern just can't continue.

What I've still wanted to see, and maybe I will now that the prison appears to be done for, is the group (whoever the group is going to be going forward) interacting with other survivors or traveling beyond Urinedale, Georgia to see what the fuck else is out there.

Would it be unreasonable to think there's a MASSIVE settlement of human beings somewhere in the Southeast? In the US? There has to be. Find it. Find a way to get there. Let's have a road trip. COME ON.

I think when you watch this show it's best not to expect "reasonable."

Looking forward to two seasons from now when they come across baby Judy crawling out of a barn and Darryl puts a bolt through Li'l Asskicker's skull.