News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2015 Blackhawks playoffs thread  ( 18,521 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2015 Blackhawks Offseason Salary Cap Firesale Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2015, 08:21:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2015, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 19, 2015, 07:34:45 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 19, 2015, 03:32:35 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 19, 2015, 02:08:50 PM
Brian Hedger, who gets all his information directly from the Hawks' front office, says Sharp is gone in the next week.

Which everyone figured anyway.

The big surprise seems to be Brad Richards being willing to take another cheapie contract to keep looking to his right and seeing Patrick Kane.

Adding in that getting Mike Reilly (supposedly he's down to the Hawks and Wild) means next year's blue line will have 3 guys with a combined 9 Stanley Cups and 3 guys with a combined 22 games in the NHL (Reilly, Johns, Van Reimsdyk).

Intrepid Reader Joel Quenneville: Yeah, sure Fork, we'll definitely be starting the season with what amounts to 3 rookie defensemen in the lineup.

*wanking motion*

And they won't replace Carcillo with some other absolute fucking moron. There's always a first time for everything. Lol

Think they at least try keeping Desjardins. And get him into the regular season and he can ramp up the stupid with the best of them.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 22, 2015, 08:21:02 AM
Brian Hedger, who gets all his information directly from the Hawks' front office, says Sharp is gone in the next week.

The big surprise seems to be Brad Richards being willing to take another cheapie contract to keep looking to his right and seeing Patrick Kane.

Adding in that getting Mike Reilly (supposedly he's down to the Hawks and Wild) means next year's blue line will have 3 guys with a combined 9 Stanley Cups and 3 guys with a combined 22 games in the NHL (Reilly, Johns, Van Reimsdyk).

Intrepid Reader Joel Quenneville: Yeah, sure Fork, we'll definitely be starting the season with what amounts to 3 rookie defensemen in the lineup.

*wanking motion*

And they won't replace Carcillo with some other absolute fucking moron. There's always a first time for everything. Lol

Think they at least try keeping Desjardins. And get him into the regular season and he can ramp up the stupid with the best of them.

He can play though. I mean there's a non zero chance the Hawks break camp with some extra turd, whether he's usually a scratch or not - unless they feel like Hartman or Ross is going to be Carcillo/Bollig. They love carrying a middleweight and they've broken camp with one every single year. I don't see that changing when last year they had no reason to do so but did it anyway.

But yeah I think Desjardins comes back.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2015, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 22, 2015, 08:21:02 AM

*wanking motion*

He can play though. I mean there's a non zero chance the Hawks break camp with some extra turd, whether he's usually a scratch or not - unless they feel like Hartman or Ross is going to be Carcillo/Bollig. They love carrying a middleweight and they've broken camp with one every single year. I don't see that changing when last year they had no reason to do so but did it anyway.

But yeah I think Desjardins comes back.

I think since if he comes back he'll be the 4th line LW, he'll embrace his inner Burish quickly enough.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2015 Blackhawks playoffs thread
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
No idea where else to put this, so...

Michael Frolic just got 4.3MM per year from Calgary.
Duncan Keith is at 5.3MM per.

Let that set in for a bit.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 01, 2015, 12:22:53 PM

I mean Keith signed years ago it's not really fair to compare. But UFA players get such stupid contracts because this system is total garbage. It's embarrassing to watch it play out.

The Hawks just got themselves another cheap Russian from Panarin's old team. First round pedigree, winger. Stan's looking for inefficiencies in the market.

He's really, really good at his job.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 01, 2015, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: Oleg on July 01, 2015, 12:22:53 PM

I mean Keith signed years ago it's not really fair to compare. But UFA players get such stupid contracts because this system is total garbage. It's embarrassing to watch it play out.

The Hawks just got themselves another cheap Russian from Panarin's old team. First round pedigree, winger. Stan's looking for inefficiencies in the market.

He's really, really good at his job.

That's a fair point.

What if I told you that Sekera got 5.5 per?
Or that Jakcman got 2 per? (To keep the vitriol alive in all our black, hate-filled hearts he signed with Nashville.)

Kessel is a Penguin now, too.