News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch  ( 32,084 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ryne Sandberg suicide watch
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 02, 2011, 02:07:16 PMScrew you, Oleg.  I'll *never* apologize to yoU!

A lot of feelingshurtedness in hear todaY.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 02, 2011, 01:46:02 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 02, 2011, 11:48:53 AM
Quote from: Slaky on March 02, 2011, 11:44:22 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 02, 2011, 11:26:19 AM
Ryne Sandberg is not saying if he's bitter about the Cubs.

And he's like a dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. No, seriously.

That is the biggest piece of shit intro I've ever read.

Brutal. I usually like Pearlman too. Today I'll be walking past the Cheescake Factory and scoffing before I head up 95 stories to The Signature Room to dine with clients for free. I might actually indulge in a real cheesecake when I'm done and smile sardonically about the half-assed shit the rubes down stairs are gnawing on. Go. Me.

Signature Room?  Are you going to go to The Willis Tower observation deck and check out the Navy Pier ferris wheel when you're done?  You should stop at Billy Goat for a beer and order some fries, just to hear their reaction.  Perhaps you can even spot Oprah on the street.  Take lots of pictures.

We get it, you're a Chicago Guy.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 02, 2011, 03:33:39 PM
Quote from: Oleg on March 02, 2011, 01:46:02 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 02, 2011, 11:48:53 AM
Quote from: Slaky on March 02, 2011, 11:44:22 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 02, 2011, 11:26:19 AM
Ryne Sandberg is not saying if he's bitter about the Cubs.

And he's like a dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. No, seriously.

That is the biggest piece of shit intro I've ever read.

Brutal. I usually like Pearlman too. Today I'll be walking past the Cheescake Factory and scoffing before I head up 95 stories to The Signature Room to dine with clients for free. I might actually indulge in a real cheesecake when I'm done and smile sardonically about the half-assed shit the rubes down stairs are gnawing on. Go. Me.

Signature Room?  Are you going to go to The Willis Tower observation deck and check out the Navy Pier ferris wheel when you're done?  You should stop at Billy Goat for a beer and order some fries, just to hear their reaction.  Perhaps you can even spot Oprah on the street.  Take lots of pictures.

We get it, you're a Chicago Guy.

That's something a local would know.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
There is a very funny subject line at the various baseball sites (ESPN, for instance) saying that Sandberg won't rule out returning to the Cubs as manager.  I don't question the accuracy of the report.  But I refuse to read the attached stories because there will be those who will be saying "I told you so", and that the debacle wouldn't be happening if Sandberg had been selected rather than Quade.  No one could have done anything any different with the steaming pile of drek that takes the field on the North side.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/6765501/ryne-sandberg-rule-return-chicago-cubs
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 13, 2011, 05:52:41 PM
There is a very funny subject line at the various baseball sites (ESPN, for instance) saying that Sandberg won't rule out returning to the Cubs as manager.  I don't question the accuracy of the report.  But I refuse to read the attached stories because there will be those who will be saying "I told you so", and that the debacle wouldn't be happening if Sandberg had been selected rather than Quade.  No one could have done anything any different with the steaming pile of drek that takes the field on the North side.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/6765501/ryne-sandberg-rule-return-chicago-cubs

QuoteWhile managing at the major league level is his ultimate goal, Sandberg has enjoyed his time with the Iron Pigs, who entered the All-Star break with the best first-half record in team history at 53-47 and in first place in the International League North.

And what a storied history the Iron Pigs have.  53-47 is the best first-half record in team history?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 13, 2011, 06:46:53 PM
And what a storied history the Iron Pigs have.  53-47 is the best first-half record in team history?

Maybe it's because the Phillies don't have good talent there.  They keep it in the majors.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 13, 2011, 09:15:14 PM

Maybe it's because the Phillies don't have good talent there.  They keep it in the majors.

What Chuck said.

Quote"It's been a great experience to see a different side of things," Sandberg said. "What I can say about the Phillies is it's very family-oriented and it's also an organization from top to bottom. They get everybody included. Everybody feels important. There's tremendous communication up and down the lines and really everybody is on the same page and has the same goals and that is to win a World Series at the major league level. That's the goal. That's what everybody talks about."

Size and bold added just in case any of the Ricketts boys stop by and want to bring the important stuff back to Dad to read to them.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 11:16:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 13, 2011, 09:44:42 PM

What Chuck said.

Quote"It's been a great experience to see a different side of things," Sandberg said. "What I can say about the Phillies is it's very family-oriented and it's also an organization from top to bottom. They get everybody included. Everybody feels important. There's tremendous communication up and down the lines and really everybody is on the same page and has the same goals and that is to win a World Series at the major league level. That's the goal. That's what everybody talks about."

Size and bold added just in case any of the Ricketts boys stop by and want to bring the important stuff back to Dad to read to them.

Duh, the Cubs are already doing all that.  They get it.  Wrigley improvements!  Better concessions!  Bathrooms!  More football games and concerts!  If that doesn't scream World Series right in your earhole, I don't know what does.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »

DPD.  Yeah, I just think it's ridiculous to trumpet the "best records" in minor league teams' history.  Especially when they involve .530 winning percentages.

But then again, someone has to own all those records.  That's why Bryan LaHair is still in Iowa.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 13, 2011, 11:20:54 PM

DPD.  Yeah, I just think it's ridiculous to trumpet the "best records" in minor league teams' history.  Especially when they involve .530 winning percentages.

But then again, someone has to own all those records.  That's why Bryan LaHair is still in Iowa.

That's our first baseman of the future you're denigrating there.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
RIGHT DAT WRONG, JOHN RICKITS!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 14, 2011, 08:47:30 AM

Leave Apex out of this

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on July 14, 2011, 09:13:03 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 14, 2011, 08:47:30 AM

Leave Apex out of this

I admit it, I chuckled at this.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 10:16:49 AM »
Ryne Sandberg told Barry Rozner he's not thinking about the Cubs, which is to say he is.

After all, the Phillies are so professional compared to other teams he's been around.

Quote"I haven't thought about the Cubs at all,'' Sandberg said. "We're about to start a playoff series here and that's my focus.''
In his fifth year as a minor-league manager, Sandberg has followed up his PCL Manager of the Year season at Iowa (AAA) in 2010 with a playoff season in Lehigh Valley (AAA), where the team hadn't had a day with a winning record the three previous seasons.
"It's been a great experience,'' Sandberg said. "The Phillies communicate with everyone, from top to bottom, and they treat everyone as part of the process, which is to get players ready for the big leagues.
"They ask your opinion on players. They ask about call-ups. Management spends a lot of time visiting the minor leagues. It's consistent all season. It's great to experience that. It's very professional. I'm really fortunate to be a part of something like this and grateful to (GM) Ruben Amaro Jr. and to the Phillies.''
There's been speculation out East about Sandberg's future and a possible promotion to a major-league coaching staff in Philly or elsewhere, which is the next logical step.
"Everyone in the minors wants to get to the majors. I'm no different,'' Sandberg said. "But we start a playoff series (Wednesday night). That's the focus.''

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 13, 2011, 10:16:49 AM
Ryne Sandberg told Barry Rozner he's not thinking about the Cubs, which is to say he is.

After all, the Phillies are so professional compared to other teams he's been around.

Quote"I haven't thought about the Cubs at all,'' Sandberg said. "We're about to start a playoff series here and that's my focus.''
In his fifth year as a minor-league manager, Sandberg has followed up his PCL Manager of the Year season at Iowa (AAA) in 2010 with a playoff season in Lehigh Valley (AAA), where the team hadn't had a day with a winning record the three previous seasons.
"It's been a great experience,'' Sandberg said. "The Phillies communicate with everyone, from top to bottom, and they treat everyone as part of the process, which is to get players ready for the big leagues.
"They ask your opinion on players. They ask about call-ups. Management spends a lot of time visiting the minor leagues. It's consistent all season. It's great to experience that. It's very professional. I'm really fortunate to be a part of something like this and grateful to (GM) Ruben Amaro Jr. and to the Phillies.''
There's been speculation out East about Sandberg's future and a possible promotion to a major-league coaching staff in Philly or elsewhere, which is the next logical step.
"Everyone in the minors wants to get to the majors. I'm no different,'' Sandberg said. "But we start a playoff series (Wednesday night). That's the focus.''

Coaching in the majors before he manages there? Unheard of and no fucking way to treat a hall of famer and proven winner.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.