News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch  ( 32,129 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 21, 2011, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: PenPho on November 21, 2011, 01:30:15 PM
The good news is, he will now reach the elusive 100K club on Greyhound.

Phils announce Dusty Wathan as new AA manager. Mickey Morandini will skipper at Lakewood. Sandberg returns at AAA

Link.

Mickey Morandini?  THE CUBS OWE HIM A CHANCE!

The Dandy Little General Manager?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2012, 08:41:40 AM »
Here we go again. WHY WON'T YOU HIRE THIS MAN?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 27, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

is "undiscouraged" even a word?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 27, 2012, 09:18:41 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 27, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

is "undiscouraged" even a word?

Oh shit.  That was the only thing I noticed in the entire article.  I'm thinking like Fork, now.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2012, 10:25:59 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
Well, the dream is oh-so-close. Ryne Sandberg is now the third base coach of the Phillies. He even joins 1982 Cub Steve Henderson on the coaching staff!

(Henderson might have been one of 3 1982 Cubs with no ties to the Phillies at the time.)

Sandberg joins such luminaries such as Larry Bowa, Lee Elia, Greg Gross, Richie Hebner, Davey Lopes, Peanuts Lowery, Gary Varsho and John Vukovich to coach the Phillies after significant time with the Cubs.

Interestingly, Pete Mackanin was let go, so Sandberg is definitely the heir apparent to Charlie Manuel. Should work out well as Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay will be 36 and 37 and Ryan Howard 34 in 2014.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 04, 2012, 12:08:10 PM
Well, the dream is oh-so-close. Ryne Sandberg is now the third base coach of the Phillies. He even joins 1982 Cub Steve Henderson on the coaching staff!

(Henderson might have been one of 3 1982 Cubs with no ties to the Phillies at the time.)

Sandberg joins such luminaries such as Larry Bowa, Lee Elia, Greg Gross, Richie Hebner, Davey Lopes, Peanuts Lowery, Gary Varsho and John Vukovich to coach the Phillies after significant time with the Cubs.

Interestingly, LOCAL GUY Pete Mackanin was let go, so Sandberg is definitely the heir apparent to Charlie Manuel. Should work out well as Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay will be 36 and 37 and Ryan Howard 34 in 2014.

Wrong righted.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 12:23:50 PM »
OK, as the cries in Philadelphia intensify for Charlie Manuel to be shown the door and as the Tribune commemorates the halfway point of Sveum's contract noting that he has the second-worst record all-time for Cubs managers who have managed more than 162 games (Joey Amalfitano, in case you were wondering), it's probably time to revive this thread.

Apparently, at least one Philadelphia pundit would rather let Sandberg manage a Dairy Queen rather than the Phillies.

His evidence is anecdotal and some of his logic is flawed (Sandberg managed the Cubs system when they were decidedly NOT rebuilding; He was passed over for a job when they attempted to embark on a rebuilding project, first with Hendry, then with JedHoystink). But he is apparently the Wendell Kim of the Delaware River Valley.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 03, 2013, 12:23:50 PM
OK, as the cries in Philadelphia intensify for Charlie Manuel to be shown the door and as the Tribune commemorates the halfway point of Sveum's contract noting that he has the second-worst record all-time for Cubs managers who have managed more than 162 games (Joey Amalfitano, in case you were wondering), it's probably time to revive this thread.

Apparently, at least one Philadelphia pundit would rather let Sandberg manage a Dairy Queen rather than the Phillies.

His evidence is anecdotal and some of his logic is flawed (Sandberg managed the Cubs system when they were decidedly NOT rebuilding; He was passed over for a job when they attempted to embark on a rebuilding project, first with Hendry, then with JedHoystink). But he is apparently the Wendell Kim of the Delaware River Valley.

QuoteThe two combined to have managed only 12 big-league games (including zero from Quade), so lack of experience at the helm clearly was not the deceive reason for Sandberg not being chosen.

Decisive?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Gee, I wonder what writers will write about when they preview every Cubs-Phillies series from now through 2016?