News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cheap Trick at Budokan (Live)  ( 14,716 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cheap Trick at Budokan (Live)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:11:09 AM
I wanted to clarify a position that doesn't need clarifying - I don't think people that like Cheap Trick are lame. I don't listen to them. Maybe they don't suck but that's just something I say to be cool.

Here's a line I'd like to draw: there's a major difference in actively hating a band (Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, anything Weebs likes) and just not caring about them much. If someone told me they listened to Cheap Trick I would think that's nice. He likes Cheap Trick. Good for him. If someone told me they think that Heidi Montag's album is a pinnacle of human achievement, I am full-body hating that person and wishing vile things upon their person.

That's just something I wanted to lay out there. Hopefully it's had little to no impact on your lives.

Okay, I'm downgrading your status to apathetic. Which is much better than the actual "incorrect feeb" status of SKO and PenFoe.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 09:25:03 AM »
DPD.

Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2010, 09:20:53 AM

Cheap Trick is decent power pop. Not up to the Raspberries or Jellyfish's standards.

I dunno. I'd say the best of the Raspberries levels Cheap Trick, but the Raspberries' ballads have shades of Eric Carmen's solo career. And as we all know:

"Go All the Way" : "All By Myself" :: Caddyshack : Caddyshack II

Fork, you ever heard of an LA band called The Quick? Mid-70s, apparently opened for the Ramones a few times on the West Coast. Not earth shattering, but pretty good as far as "bands that never quite made the cut."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 28, 2010, 09:21:36 AM
I wanted to clarify a position that doesn't need clarifying - I don't think people that like Cheap Trick are lame. I don't listen to them. Maybe they don't suck but that's just something I say to be cool.

Here's a line I'd like to draw: there's a major difference in actively hating a band (Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, anything Weebs likes) and just not caring about them much. If someone told me they listened to Cheap Trick I would think that's nice. He likes Cheap Trick. Good for him. If someone told me they think that Heidi Montag's album is a pinnacle of human achievement, I am full-body hating that person and wishing vile things upon their person.

That's just something I wanted to lay out there. Hopefully it's had little to no impact on your lives.

Okay, I'm downgrading your status to apathetic. Which is much better than the actual "incorrect feeb" status of SKO and PenFoe.

Yeah, but before this got all full-blown meme, all I said was that "I Want You To Want Me" sucks. I stand by that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2010, 09:30:55 AM

Yeah, but before this got all full-blown meme, all I said was that "I Want You To Want Me" sucks. I stand by that.

THE MEME STANDS, H8R.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 28, 2010, 09:25:03 AM
DPD.

Cheap Trick is decent power pop. Not up to the Raspberries or Jellyfish's standards.

I dunno. I'd say the best of the Raspberries levels Cheap Trick, but the Raspberries' ballads have shades of Eric Carmen's solo career. And as we all know:

Fork, you ever heard of an LA band called The Quick? Mid-70s, apparently opened for the Ramones a few times on the West Coast. Not earth shattering, but pretty good as far as "bands that never quite made the cut."

I know LA's goalie is Mike Quick, if that helps.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:46 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2010, 09:45:02 AM
DPD.

Yes, yes it does...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
DPD.

It's Jon Quick. Mike Quick was a wideout for the Tecmo Super Bowl Era Eagles along with their famous quarterback, QB Eagles.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 09:57:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:55:34 AM
DPD.

It's Jon Quick. Mike Quick was a wideout for the Tecmo Super Bowl Era Eagles along with their famous quarterback, QB Eagles.

Well, I guess it doesn't help, then.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
DPD.

Fuck it, he didn't even play last night.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 10:40:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2010, 10:27:09 AM
DPD.

Fuck it, he didn't even play last night.

Mike Bernier got the start instead.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »

But the Budokan album caught them hitting on all cylinders. I've seen them live, and nothing they did in person approached what was captured on that album.

Man, I keep forgetting about Jellyfish...I used to love that band.  I need to get back on that...

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »

I'm not involved in this any more than Slak is.

This is SKO's fight.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 02:26:07 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 28, 2010, 02:14:55 PM

This is SKO's fight.

I really didn't come here to sling mud. I don't like Cheap Trick and I don't hate them. They are responsible for Piece's existence. So that's a plus in my book.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 28, 2010, 02:14:55 PM

This is SKO's fight.

You got involved when you had strong opinions. About anything.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 02:26:07 PM
I really didn't come here to sling mud. I don't like Cheap Trick and I don't hate them. They are responsible for Piece's existence. So that's a plus in my book.

A Piece-offering.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.