News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cheap Trick at Budokan (Live)  ( 14,721 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cheap Trick at Budokan (Live)
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 28, 2010, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 02:26:07 PM
I really didn't come here to sling mud. I don't like Cheap Trick and I don't hate them. They are responsible for Piece's existence. So that's a plus in my book.

A Piece-offering.

You know those guitars that are like, quintuple guitars?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
Shit...forgot Stop Making Sense!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2010, 06:01:29 PM

That's because that's not even the best officially released Talking Heads live album.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 28, 2010, 06:07:35 PM

That's because that's not even the best officially released Talking Heads live album.

Hmmm...for some reason, I always thought Name of the Band (if that's what you're talking about) was an import.  Although I still haven't listened to it as much as Stop Making Sense.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2010, 06:12:04 PM

Hmmm...for some reason, I always thought Name of the Band (if that's what you're talking about) was an import.  Although I still haven't listened to it as much as Stop Making Sense.

I don't care for Stop Making Sense. It's kinda lifeless, in my opinion.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 28, 2010, 06:15:07 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2010, 06:12:04 PM

I don't care for Stop Making Sense. It's kinda lifeless, in my opinion.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE. I feel vindicated.

Fuck, the Live In Rome youtube piece of shit tops all of their movies. Not even close.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »
Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends...
Ladies and Gentlemen...

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
DPD

Also...

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:11:09 AM
I wanted to clarify a position that doesn't need clarifying - I don't think people that like Cheap Trick are lame. I don't listen to them. Maybe they don't suck but that's just something I say to be cool.

Here's a line I'd like to draw: there's a major difference in actively hating a band (Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, anything Weebs likes) and just not caring about them much. If someone told me they listened to Cheap Trick I would think that's nice. He likes Cheap Trick. Good for him. If someone told me they think that Heidi Montag's album is a pinnacle of human achievement, I am full-body hating that person and wishing vile things upon their person.

That's just something I wanted to lay out there. Hopefully it's had little to no impact on your lives.

What's a Weebs?

Post-fame Kings of Leon or all Kings of Leon?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 07:28:08 AM »

ELP blew donkey dong.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 07:42:45 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2010, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2010, 09:20:53 AM

Cheap Trick is decent power pop. Not up to the Raspberries or Jellyfish's standards.

But the Budokan album caught them hitting on all cylinders. I've seen them live, and nothing they did in person approached what was captured on that album.

Man, I keep forgetting about Jellyfish...I used to love that band.  I need to get back on that...

I never forget about Jellyfish.  What a fucking band.  The only mistake they ever made was not to release more than two albums.

I went to see them live at the Town & Country in North London, probably around twenty years ago now.  Andy Sturmer *stood* at the front to play drums and sing lead vocals.  They were tight as a duck's arse.  Beautiful.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 29, 2010, 07:28:08 AM

ELP blew donkey dong.

Anything from the Works albums and later sucked.

Their earlier live stuff, particularly Pictures at an Exhibition was a lot of fun.
Pretentious but pretty creative.