News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs 2011-2012 Offseason: Fire Mike KWADE and hire Ryno to manage  ( 2,073 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Might as well start early with another Jim Hendry-Tommy John Disease Recalmation ProjectTM.

This is a golden opportunity to let a TRUE CUB retire as a TRUE CUB after Jim Frey sent him packing. (Actually, Larry Himes also sent him packing in spring training 1992, leaving him for dead, but...)

RIGHT THAT WRONG JIM!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs 2011-2012 Offseason: Fire Mike KWADE and hire Ryno to manage
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
I loved that last night Moyer was just hanging out on the MLB Network set yukking it up and talking about rehabbing next year so he could pitch in 2012 when he'll be 49.

He had his Tommy John Disease surgery today.  I know it's a "routine" surgery, but it's not minor.  They have to harvest a tendon from another part of your body, then rip your elbow open and tie in the new tendon.  The night before I have a filling I'm in a catatonic state, barely functioning in my own house, much less driving to Secaucus to hang out with Mitch Williams on the TV.

But I'm with Jim Frey, I still think Paul Kilgus is going to be pretty good.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 01, 2010, 02:20:24 PM
I loved that last night Moyer was just hanging out on the MLB Network set yukking it up and talking about rehabbing next year so he could pitch in 2012 when he'll be 49.

He had his Tommy John Disease surgery today.  I know it's a "routine" surgery, but it's not minor.  They have to harvest a tendon from another part of your body, then rip your elbow open and tie in the new tendon.  The night before I have a filling I'm in a catatonic state, barely functioning in my own house, much less driving to Secaucus to hang out with Mitch Williams on the TV.

But I'm with Jim Frey, I still think Paul Kilgus is going to be pretty good.

Mitch Williams has been out of baseball 15 years now? He and Steve Wilson were the youngest lefties in that trade.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Looks like Andy's latest love letter to Theriot generated some anger from some of the meth heads down south.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 01, 2010, 04:45:43 PM
Looks like Andy's latest love letter to Theriot generated some anger from some of the meth heads down south.

I like that the shot about Santo "regenerating his legs" was supposed to somehow enrage us.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 01, 2010, 04:59:12 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 01, 2010, 04:45:43 PM

I like that the shot about Santo "regenerating his legs" was supposed to somehow enrage us.

Clueless moran, as they all are.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »

Jeff Baker is making over a million dollars in 2011 to be worse at his job than any of us are at ours.

I fucking hate this team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16