News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "A Boy Named Suh" & other stories from D. Stanton's wake. - Bears @ Det 12/5/10  ( 8,641 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on December 06, 2010, 06:06:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2010, 09:12:22 PM
You know, as much as I thought the Calvin Johnson rage was dumb, I understood because it was a TD taken off the board on the second to last play of the game. This was a 7 yard penalty. On 2nd down. With 9 minutes left. And they still think it cost them a win.

I smell a conspiracy.

Suh's a young, marketable player.  Within 5 minutes of that play, the crew went to that pit boss-looking guy (Mike Perrini) to break it down.  At halftime it was being raked over by the studio crew.  It was talked about at halftime at other games.  It was as if, they had the whole thing set up to deliver a pre-arranged bit that would somehow possibly be tangentially related to the current events topic of head-hitting.  Because, like some have pointed out here already, the Bears were only on first down, and the penalty only tacked on 7 more yards.  As far as the game goes, the penalty had little impact (and for Lions to complain about it only worsens the delusion...thanks, guys...way to take accountability for losing a decently-fought game) The reaction really seemed outsized to me, which leads me to believe they were just waiting for the perfect storm of A) a marketable player + questionable hit + Mike Perrini getting back in time from burying Tony Spilotro's nephew in the desert and being TV-ready for the whole farce to be sprung into action.

I think I LOL'd most at "that pit boss-looking guy (Mike Perrini)."

I think its the parentheses that get me even more than giving a spic/yerd a wop name.

(Seriously, though, wasn't adding Mike Pereira to their employ the greatest thing Fox Sports has done in years? The ability to cut to him in the studio has made their broadcast crews' coverage of coaches' challenges downright listenable and sane this season.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2010, 08:42:00 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 06, 2010, 06:06:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2010, 09:12:22 PM
You know, as much as I thought the Calvin Johnson rage was dumb, I understood because it was a TD taken off the board on the second to last play of the game. This was a 7 yard penalty. On 2nd down. With 9 minutes left. And they still think it cost them a win.

I smell a conspiracy.

Suh's a young, marketable player.  Within 5 minutes of that play, the crew went to that pit boss-looking guy (Mike Perrini) to break it down.  At halftime it was being raked over by the studio crew.  It was talked about at halftime at other games.  It was as if, they had the whole thing set up to deliver a pre-arranged bit that would somehow possibly be tangentially related to the current events topic of head-hitting.  Because, like some have pointed out here already, the Bears were only on first down, and the penalty only tacked on 7 more yards.  As far as the game goes, the penalty had little impact (and for Lions to complain about it only worsens the delusion...thanks, guys...way to take accountability for losing a decently-fought game) The reaction really seemed outsized to me, which leads me to believe they were just waiting for the perfect storm of A) a marketable player + questionable hit + Mike Perrini getting back in time from burying Tony Spilotro's nephew in the desert and being TV-ready for the whole farce to be sprung into action.

I think I LOL'd most at "that pit boss-looking guy (Mike Perrini)."

I think its the parentheses that get me even more than giving a spic/yerd a wop name.

(Seriously, though, wasn't adding Mike Pereira to their employ the greatest thing Fox Sports has done in years? The ability to cut to him in the studio has made their broadcast crews' coverage of coaches' challenges downright listenable and sane this season.)

I was thankful for Pereira when he correctly explained why they were taking Calvin Johnson's TD away.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015