News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Smorgasborgasm  ( 19,743 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Desipio 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Smorgasborgasm
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2011, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 09, 2011, 09:19:41 AM
Can we put a limit on keepers for next year?

What kind of number are you thinking?  I'm willing to discuss anything except letting Pex back in the league.  He can stay on the short bus.  I hear they're using St. Ides-flavored windex now, so he wouldn't want off that thing, anyway.  (l l) [did i do that right?]

I'm not much on restrictions and we've already got the 2-round bump.  What if the bump increased for each consecutive year a guy was kept.  For example, I got Elvis Andrus in the 25th round the first year.  With the 2-round bump, I got him in the 23rd last year.  Since I want to keep him this year again, 1 round would be added to the bump, so I'd get him in the 20th.  Next year if I kept him, another round would be added(4), and I'd get him in the 16th, etc. 

Like I said, I'm against TOO many restrictions, so I wouldn't wanna put the cap lower than 10, but that's just me.  This ain't no Communist Russia.  Let's discuss!

This is a logistical nightmare - we'd have to go back through years of history to determine what year you got the guy.

TDubbs can't even get it right for this year, let alone adding in a historical parameter.

I vote same system, no limit on keepers.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 09, 2011, 02:52:38 PM

What kind of number are you thinking?  I'm willing to discuss anything except letting Pex back in the league.  He can stay on the short bus.  I hear they're using St. Ides-flavored windex now, so he wouldn't want off that thing, anyway.  (l l) [did i do that right?]

I'm not much on restrictions and we've already got the 2-round bump.  What if the bump increased for each consecutive year a guy was kept.  For example, I got Elvis Andrus in the 25th round the first year.  With the 2-round bump, I got him in the 23rd last year.  Since I want to keep him this year again, 1 round would be added to the bump, so I'd get him in the 20th.  Next year if I kept him, another round would be added(4), and I'd get him in the 16th, etc. 

Like I said, I'm against TOO many restrictions, so I wouldn't wanna put the cap lower than 10, but that's just me.  This ain't no Communist Russia.  Let's discuss!

This is a logistical nightmare - we'd have to go back through years of history to determine what year you got the guy.

TDubbs can't even get it right for this year, let alone adding in a historical parameter.

DPD.

Who's doing the keeper-commishing this year?

Still JD?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »

This is a logistical nightmare
- we'd have to go back through years of history to determine what year you got the guy.

Would it be, Pen?  Would it?  Yeah, probably.  And I know that.  But I'm still throwing it out there. 

I've got some snow time right now, so I'll probably see what I can get done in the next couple of weeks. 

Are we still down with trading draft picks and keepers?  With the fancy new Yahoo system, it shouldn't be that much of a problem, and, by looking at the draft results, everyone can check out where everyone else's keepers are. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2011, 03:01:11 PM

- we'd have to go back through years of history to determine what year you got the guy.

Would it be, Pen?  Would it?  Yeah, probably.  And I know that.  But I'm still throwing it out there. 

I've got some snow time right now, so I'll probably see what I can get done in the next couple of weeks. 

Are we still down with trading draft picks and keepers?  With the fancy new Yahoo system, it shouldn't be that much of a problem, and, by looking at the draft results, everyone can check out where everyone else's keepers are. 

Even a limit like you can only keep 5 guys would be good.  I hate Apex a lot, but when you can keep like 15 guys, and just about every team is keeping a lot, it's going to be a really boring and shitty draft. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 09, 2011, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2011, 03:01:11 PM

Even a limit like you can only keep 5 guys would be good.  I hate Apex a lot, but when you can keep like 15 guys, and just about every team is keeping a lot, it's going to be a really boring and shitty draft. 

Wait, are there not waivers allowed?

Just because you're keeping 15 guys to start the season doesn't mean you're keeping them the whole year.

We went into last season with the same keeper rules and 310 waiver moves were made in total last season.

That's not boring and shitty.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40:44 PM »
Can't start loading the keepers that have been submitted until the league is full.  LDA, wherever you are, fill your spot.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:29 AM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
Can't start loading the keepers that have been submitted until the league is full.  LDA, wherever you are, fill your spot.

(||)
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
Let's get the rest of the keepers in there, people.  We're waiting on 5 teams.  Fine.  You want a deadline?  You got one.  February 27th.  After that, draft slots will be locked.  Except if one of your keepers gets hurt.  Howevah, if he gets killed, then that's on YOU for keeping a Satanic Fowl pitcher.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »
7   Rios
8   Cruz
10   McGehee (FA)
11   Castro (FA)
12   Kershaw
13   Danks

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2011, 10:57:56 PM
7   Rios
8   Cruz
10   McGehee (FA)
11   Castro (FA)
12   Kershaw
13   Danks

For the purposes of my draft prep, I'm going to assume you're referring to Juan and that we're going to have a run on shitty middle relievers in the 8th round.

Suddenly JD's keepers are starting to look more imposing.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
I don't mean to throw a wrench in JD's works (||), but it appears the custom draft order is currently wrong.

As currently set, it's:

1. Labor Bored
2. BC Bombers
3. Al Yellons Pulitzer
4. Boners Daily
5. Canned Hamms
6. Julie's RSS Feed
7. Long Balls

8. Sweaty Hoopleheads
9. Ya Burnt Son!
10. Paul Walker and NCIS
11. Go Team Venture!
12. Deep in the Cheddar
13. Negative TORP
14. Fernando's New Jeans

Looking at the final standings from last year, I think that should be:

1. Labor Bored
2. BC Bombers
3. Al Yellons Pulitzer
4. Boners Daily
5. Long Balls
6. Canned Hamms
7. Julie's RSS Feed

8. Sweaty Hoopleheads
9. Ya Burnt Son!
10. Paul Walker and NCIS
11. Go Team Venture!
12. Deep in the Cheddar
13. Negative TORP
14. Fernando's New Jeans
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
I will consider offers for the #2 overall pick. It isn't like I would do something, um, good with it anyway.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Quote from: BC on February 22, 2011, 08:06:51 PM
I will consider offers for the #2 overall pick. It isn't like I would do something, um, good with it anyway.

How about coupons good at the Cheyenne Cheesecake Factory?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 08:49:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 22, 2011, 04:53:42 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2011, 10:57:56 PM
7   Rios
8   Cruz
10   McGehee (FA)
11   Castro (FA)
12   Kershaw
13   Danks

For the purposes of my draft prep, I'm going to assume you're referring to Juan and that we're going to have a run on shitty middle relievers in the 8th round.

Suddenly JD's keepers are starting to look more imposing.

How could I draft Julio Cruz? He's not even on my final roster! LOL

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 22, 2011, 07:21:21 PM
I don't mean to throw a wrench in JD's works (||), but it appears the custom draft order is currently wrong.

As currently set, it's:

1. Labor Bored
2. BC Bombers
3. Al Yellons Pulitzer
4. Boners Daily
5. Canned Hamms
6. Julie's RSS Feed
7. Long Balls

8. Sweaty Hoopleheads
9. Ya Burnt Son!
10. Paul Walker and NCIS
11. Go Team Venture!
12. Deep in the Cheddar
13. Negative TORP
14. Fernando's New Jeans

Looking at the final standings from last year, I think that should be:

1. Labor Bored
2. BC Bombers
3. Al Yellons Pulitzer
4. Boners Daily
5. Long Balls
6. Canned Hamms
7. Julie's RSS Feed

8. Sweaty Hoopleheads
9. Ya Burnt Son!
10. Paul Walker and NCIS
11. Go Team Venture!
12. Deep in the Cheddar
13. Negative TORP
14. Fernando's New Jeans

It's not my fault!  People switch their team names before the keepers are in the draft order's setandit'sjusthardtokeepupwiththechangesandleavemealoneandIhateyouguyssososososososomuchsometimes!