News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lincoln Lawyer  ( 713 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Lincoln Lawyer
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Granted.  Matthew McConaughey is a smarmy putz.  But the main character in this movie is a smarmy putz.  So McConaughey is perfect for the part.  I was unaware that this a a character from a series of Michael Connelly books.  It is well plotted, and interesting.  I was pleased with the portrayal of the criminal law practice here in California.  Although it has been some time since I appeared before a jury in a criminal case, it is pretty true to the atmosphere, at least to my limited experience.  There is a little too much cleverness in the character's ability to manipulate events, hell, it's a movie and it is fun.  It also depicts a Los Angeles that Gil probably did not hang out in.  (Gil, tell me if that is the side area of Pink,s where he grabs a hotdog for lunch.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)