News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,194 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1020 on: October 08, 2015, 12:14:18 AM »
RV can put that Joe Sheehan crap in here anytime.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1021 on: October 08, 2015, 06:34:38 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 08, 2015, 12:14:18 AM

I think RV's fatalistic fear of Aramis Ramirez still not majorly nut-punching the Cubs in any game down the stretch ultimately paralyzed him while watching what turned out to be a 5-4-3 that Aram hit into in the (?) 6th.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1022 on: October 08, 2015, 07:41:26 AM »

I know no respectable stats man thinks head to head matters because blah blah SSS but I feel like with the Cubs finishing one single game behind the Pirates, and having the 11-8 advantage head to head, and a 6-4 record in Pittsburgh going into the game, the Pirates were hardly anything but the CLEARLY BETTER TEAM IF THE CUBS DIDN'T HAVE ARRIETA. They scored four fucking runs off of Cole, there's a damn good chance they win that game with Lester on the mound.

Sheehan can take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1023 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:05 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 07, 2015, 10:24:08 PM
Who the fuck is Dan Buffa?

QuoteIf I had to choose which team I'd like the Cards to face in the NLDS in 2015, I'd take the Chicago Cubs. You can't tell me that series wouldn't be thrilling. As my dad said after a Cards comeback victory over the Cubs this season. "We gave them a taste. Now that's enough." If the Cubs make it out of Pittsburgh with a victory, it will be appropriate for the sheriff in town to quickly shut them up.

It's time for analogies to Westerns? It certainly doesn't connect very well with First Amendment jurisprudence.

This is all you need to read:

Quote... losing to the Cubs would be a very bad ending to the 2015 campaign. Depressing in fact.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1024 on: October 08, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »
Sam Miller, at BP (paywall, yada, yada), wrote a pretty interesting recap of the game that wasn't much of a recap but a diatribe about luck and how The Pirates were just unlucky all the way around (not necessarily just in the game).

But, for some reason, this paragraph brought me joy:

Quote from: Sam Miller at BP
It's just a rotten way to go. Last year, when so much was made of the Giants' ability to leverage Madison Bumgarner's otherworldliness, by having him throw 33 percent of their postseason innings, like can you even imagine such a thing, 33 percent? But for the Pirates, 100 percent of the postseason was against Jake Arrieta. If you stretched this postseason out on a molecular level so that it lasted forever, there'd always be Jake Arrieta, in the beginning and in the end, the everpresent sun around which the whole Pirates solar system revolved, and it would be an evil sun that burned holes in their umbrellas and vomited sun gas all over their pets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1025 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 08, 2015, 09:45:51 AM
Sam Miller, at BP (paywall, yada, yada), wrote a pretty interesting recap of the game that wasn't much of a recap but a diatribe about luck and how The Pirates were just unlucky all the way around (not necessarily just in the game).

It's just a rotten way to go. Last year, when so much was made of the Giants' ability to leverage Madison Bumgarner's otherworldliness, by having him throw 33 percent of their postseason innings, like can you even imagine such a thing, 33 percent? But for the Pirates, 100 percent of the postseason was against Jake Arrieta. If you stretched this postseason out on a molecular level so that it lasted forever, there'd always be Jake Arrieta, in the beginning and in the end, the everpresent sun around which the whole Pirates solar system revolved, and it would be an evil sun that burned holes in their umbrellas and vomited sun gas all over their pets.

Well written. But fails to call into account:

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1026 on: October 08, 2015, 09:58:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 08, 2015, 06:34:38 AM

I think RV's fatalistic fear of Aramis Ramirez still not majorly nut-punching the Cubs in any game down the stretch ultimately paralyzed him while watching what turned out to be a 5-4-3 that Aram hit into in the (?) 6th.

Correct. I am now paralyzed from the tits down, but lived to tell the tale.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1027 on: October 08, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1028 on: October 08, 2015, 11:47:13 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 08, 2015, 11:42:28 AM
Holy shit.

Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates

QuoteThe Pirates have scored one run in their past three postseason games.

Damn, sounds like a problem. How do you think they should fix that?

Quotethe Pirates aren't competitive at postseason baseball's most important position.

That would be starting pitching.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1029 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 08, 2015, 11:47:13 AM
Holy shit.

Quotethe Pirates aren't competitive at postseason baseball's most important position.

I hope I am typing this sentence correctly, as I have blinded by the searing heat of that take.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1030 on: October 09, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1031 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »

This is a Tim Leary–level collection of pseudoscientific mixed metaphors.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1032 on: October 13, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 11:50:09 AM
Holy shit.

I hope I am typing this sentence correctly, as I have blinded by the searing heat of that take.

The guy who said Gerrit Cole isn't good enough is now taking pot shots at McCutchen:

QuoteWhy isn't Andrew McCutchen an MVP-caliber player in the postseason?

No home runs.

No RBIs.

No big moments.

Everybody is waiting for McCutchen to deliver, like a franchise player is expected to do.

Criticism of his underwhelming Octobers is fair, deserved and no different than what is directed at the Penguins' Sidney Crosby and the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger.

Crosby owns a championship ring.

Roethlisberger owns two championship rings.

McCutchen owns earrings.

McCutchen has a .321 average and a .798 OPS in the postseason and went 2-4 off Arrieta.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1033 on: October 13, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2015, 09:48:27 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 11:50:09 AM
Holy shit.

The guy who said Gerrit Cole isn't good enough is now taking pot shots at McCutchen:

QuoteWhy isn't Andrew McCutchen an MVP-caliber player in the postseason?

No home runs.

No RBIs.

No big moments.

Everybody is waiting for McCutchen to deliver, like a franchise player is expected to do.

Criticism of his underwhelming Octobers is fair, deserved and no different than what is directed at the Penguins' Sidney Crosby and the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger.

Crosby owns a championship ring.

Roethlisberger owns two championship rings.

McCutchen owns earrings.

McKinney for Cole and McCutchen.  Cubs giving up too much?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1034 on: October 13, 2015, 09:52:32 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 09, 2015, 07:04:10 PM

This is a Tim Leary–level collection of pseudoscientific mixed metaphors.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs