News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,527 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1080 on: October 24, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »
The older I get, the less I understand.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1081 on: October 24, 2015, 12:06:07 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 24, 2015, 11:03:25 AM

You needn't think you're alone in that, old buddy.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1082 on: October 24, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 24, 2015, 12:06:07 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 24, 2015, 11:03:25 AM

You needn't think you're alone in that, old buddy.

Now you're just piling on.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: November 02, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »
DPD.

With the Nationals reportedly set to hire Bud Black, Thom Loverro of The Washington Times wonders why Dusty Baker is without a managerial job.  While Washington had its reasons to choose Black, Loverro notes that Baker owns an elite managing record while Black is a career losing manager.

Congrats to Thom Loverro on the first time he's every paid any attention to baseball.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1084 on: November 02, 2015, 08:29:25 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 02:04:26 AM
DPD.

With the Nationals reportedly set to hire Bud Black, Thom Loverro of The Washington Times Mooney News wonders why Dusty Baker is without a managerial job.  While Washington had its reasons to choose Black, Loverro notes that Baker owns an elite managing record while Black is a career losing manager.

Congrats to Thom Loverro on the first time he's every paid any attention to baseball.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: November 02, 2015, 08:37:52 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 02, 2015, 08:29:25 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 02:04:26 AM
DPD.

With the Nationals reportedly set to hire Bud Black, Thom Loverro of The Washington Times Mooney News wonders why Dusty Baker is without a managerial job.  While Washington had its reasons to choose Black, Loverro notes that Baker owns an elite managing record while Black is a career losing manager.

I'm more of a Cirrus Design guy, myself.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: November 02, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »
QuoteThe Chicago Cubs Are the Extremely Early 2016 World Series Favorite ... Kinda

At 11 to 1, they're the odds-on favorites right now ... which doesn't really mean they're actually the most likely team to win it all.

Thank God we have Brett to explain all these brain-benders.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1087 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:20 AM »
The print world's answer to Harold Reynolds, Phil Rogers, has some thoughts.

Quote5 moves to help the Cubs get even better

1. Trade for a dominating starter who is under control for at least four seasons.

This would be a more cost-efficient, lower-risk option than signing David Price for six or seven years at an average annual value of $30 million, assuming Max Scherzer is the appropriate comp. Price is a good fit in a lot of ways, but after last year's Jon Lester signing, Price would give the Cubs two 30-something pitchers signed for the next five seasons at a combined $55 million-plus per year.

That's a huge investment for two arms, and if the Cubs sign Price they forfeit the 28th overall Draft pick and about $2 million in their signing allotment. They have the prospect inventory to pull off a huge trade, and the Cubs should look that way first.

Great point!  Phil says there are much better uses for that money than signing Price.  Let's see how he drives that point home at the end of his column.

And if all of the above fails, there's always the BAFAS plan.

That's "Best Available Free Agent Starter," meaning just throw money at Price. The Cubs have it to spend -- thanks mostly to how little they'll have to pay their young lineup -- and Price is worth it. Signing him is the easiest good move they can make.

Fucking damn it, Phil Rogers.  Why do you still have a job.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: November 07, 2015, 01:27:27 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2015, 12:56:20 AM
Phil Rogers, has some thoughts.

I find this hard to believe.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: November 07, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2015, 12:56:20 AM
The print world's answer to Harold Reynolds, Phil Rogers, has some thoughts.

Quote5 moves to help the Cubs get even better

1. Trade for a dominating starter who is under control for at least four seasons.

This would be a more cost-efficient, lower-risk option than signing David Price for six or seven years at an average annual value of $30 million, assuming Max Scherzer is the appropriate comp. Price is a good fit in a lot of ways, but after last year's Jon Lester signing, Price would give the Cubs two 30-something pitchers signed for the next five seasons at a combined $55 million-plus per year.

That's a huge investment for two arms, and if the Cubs sign Price they forfeit the 28th overall Draft pick and about $2 million in their signing allotment. They have the prospect inventory to pull off a huge trade, and the Cubs should look that way first.

WRONG! Price is not tied to draft pick compensation because he was traded midseason.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1090 on: November 07, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
I appreciated the headline on the Tribune site today. "Cubs have top free agent starters, and Jeff Samardzija, in their sights." Totally appropes.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: November 08, 2015, 08:21:17 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 07, 2015, 11:16:46 PM
I appreciated the headline on the Tribune site today. "Cubs have top free agent starters, and Jeff Samardzija, in their sights." Totally appropes.

"Cubs have several players that are not human dumpster fires, and also Jeff Samardzija, in their sights."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: November 08, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 08, 2015, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 07, 2015, 11:16:46 PM

"Cubs have several players that are not human dumpster fires, and also Jeff Samardzija, in their sights."
Are you suggesting that they used the wrong conjunction and intended to use "but" instead?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: November 08, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 08:43:51 PM
QuoteThe Chicago Cubs Are the Extremely Early 2016 World Series Favorite ... Kinda

At 11 to 1, they're the odds-on favorites right now ... which doesn't really mean they're actually the most likely team to win it all.

11 to 1 against is "odds-on"?  This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 08, 2015, 12:33:40 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 08:43:51 PM

11 to 1 against is "odds-on"?  This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

This is why Brett doesn't write about horse racing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16