News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,553 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1095 on: November 09, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »
For some reason the New York Post predicts free agent signings.

QuoteIt's time for The Post's annual Top 30 free-agent rankings and predictions.

Why 30? Because there are 30 teams.

That makes no ... that isn't ... why would ... hmmmm.

Quote2. David Price, LHP

He loved playing for Joe Maddon in Tampa Bay.

Prediction: Cubs, eight years, $250 million.

Well, that's like 40 million more than anyone else has predicted, but ok, the Cubs get Price, that's not a bad choice.  Where does everyone else land?  28 teams to go!

7. Justin Upton, OF

He already has made more than $50 million, and he's only 28.

Prediction: Cubs, seven years, $161 million.

So much for the 30 players and 30 teams thing, huh.  Also: Upton?  Who definitely isn't a center fielder?  For seven years?  The Cubs?!  But that's not all...

Quote22. Dexter Fowler, OF

They enjoyed a successful one-year trial, so...

Prediction: Cubs, four years, $50 million.

LOVE TO READ NEW YORK POST
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1096 on: November 10, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 09, 2015, 11:10:05 PM

Theo's not the only one getting creative.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1097 on: November 10, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »

QuoteIt's time for The Post's annual Top 30 free-agent rankings and predictions.

Quote2. David Price, LHP

Well, that's like 40 million more than anyone else has predicted, but ok, the Cubs get Price, that's not a bad choice.  Where does everyone else land?  28 teams to go!

7. Justin Upton, OF

So much for the 30 players and 30 teams thing, huh.  Also: Upton?  Who definitely isn't a center fielder?  For seven years?  The Cubs?!  But that's not all...

So, 8 years/$170 million for Jason Heyward and 7 years/$160 million for Justin Upton? Good talk.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1098 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »

Quote2. David Price, LHP

7. Justin Upton, OF

With that mastery of mathematics, Phil Rogers should go write for the Post (please)
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1099 on: November 12, 2015, 01:39:53 PM »
Brett would like you to appreciate just how much he personally cares about the well-being of Rick Renteria, a man he has never met.

QuoteI actually thought about Renteria a good bit this past season as he stayed out of the spotlight. I wondered what he was thinking. How he was feeling. How hard it may have been to watch this team that he led reasonably well for a season become a behemoth without him. Usually, by the time my vicarious sadness had reached a level where I started to put fingers to keys, the Cubs had hit another monster homer or won another walk-off game or done something delightfully silly, and I moved on.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1100 on: November 12, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 12, 2015, 01:39:53 PM
Brett would like you to appreciate just how much he personally cares about the well-being of Rick Renteria, a man he has never met.

QuoteI actually thought about Renteria a good bit this past season as he stayed out of the spotlight. I wondered what he was thinking. How he was feeling. How hard it may have been to watch this team that he led reasonably well for a season become a behemoth without him. Usually, by the time my vicarious sadness had reached a level where I started to put fingers to keys, the Cubs had hit another monster homer or won another walk-off game or done something delightfully silly, and I moved on.

When does the court order mandating that you read every Bleacher Nation post expire?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1101 on: November 12, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure even Renteria would admit the Cubs would be a different team had it been Renteria instead of Maddon running things.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1102 on: November 12, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 12, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

When does the court order mandating that you read every Bleacher Nation post expire?

Never. Lifetime sentence.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1103 on: November 12, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 12, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

No kidding.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1104 on: November 12, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 12, 2015, 02:11:00 PM

I'm pretty sure even Renteria would admit the Cubs would be a different team had it been Renteria instead of Maddon running things.

Do you think The Cubs would have promoted Russell or Schwarber so early if Renteria was manager?  I'm not sure what I'm getting at but that question popped into my head.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1105 on: November 12, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 12, 2015, 02:51:42 PM

Do you think The Cubs would have promoted Russell or Schwarber so early if Renteria was manager?  I'm not sure what I'm getting at but that question popped into my head.

Everything this season came together perfectly, and changing a major ingredient in the recipe would have altered results. Can't see Jake Arrita doing a post-no-hitter presser in a onesie under Renteria. And don't get me wrong, I loved your doppelganger. But Maddon was the perfect man to bring this team through the chute.
TIME TO POST!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1106 on: November 12, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »

Yes, the world was clamoring to hear from Rick Renteria.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1107 on: November 13, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 12, 2015, 04:06:41 PM

Everything this season came together perfectly, and changing a major ingredient in the recipe would have altered results. Can't see Jake Arrita doing a post-no-hitter presser in a onesie under Renteria. And don't get me wrong, I loved your doppelganger. But Maddon was the perfect man to bring this team through the chute.

Do me a favour: fucking nobody loved Rick.  He's pure, distilled meh.  Even his Mum thinks he's pretty much an okay guy.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1108 on: November 13, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 13, 2015, 01:27:10 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 12, 2015, 04:06:41 PM

Do me a favour: fucking nobody loved Rick.  He's pure, distilled meh.  Even his Mum thinks he's pretty much an okay guy.

He's lovable in a "sawed-off stoner who would give you the stained shirt off his back" way.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1109 on: November 13, 2015, 09:14:21 AM »
QuoteMatthew Trueblood ‏@MATrueblood  10 hours ago
If Cubs are spending any significant energy on Jake Arrieta this winter, I hope it's on gauging the trade market for him, not extending him.