News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,313 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1290 on: March 14, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 14, 2016, 01:17:45 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 14, 2016, 01:00:36 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 12:53:02 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 14, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 12:45:29 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 14, 2016, 12:26:53 PM
The season is ruined because the Cubs and especially shitty tactician Joe Maddon are racists

I actually think that article was really well-written and nuanced and fairly easy on Maddon. It gave him the benefit of the doubt and mentioned Kawasaki gave his consent to the whole thing, but it did question whether the whole culture of how teams treat Japanese players is still a little off-base, which I think is a fair question.

I mean if we heard about the Cardinals playing "Turning Japanese" and "Kung Fu Fighting" with their lone Asian player do you really think we'd let it slide?

Maddon's a registered Republican and is always talking about personal responsibility. Now he's going on about how things are too politically correct. How long until his Trump endorsement? smdh.

I have to imagine the Cubs are image-conscious enough to have emphasized to everyone that they should avoid expressing political views during this time. At least I hope so.

I don't actually think he's a Trump supporter. He's probably more annoyed that Dr. Rand Paul's campaign didn't take off.

I don't either, but I'm also not interested in finding out either way, and I hope Epstink has sent that memo out to everyone.
Last time I checked it was not illegal to vote Republican, (not that I would, or ever have).  From my experience most professional athletes are conservative and are in the higher tax brackets.  So it follows that they identify with politicians on the right (not in the sense of correct) side of the political spectrum.  I don't admire them because of their political acumen, but rather for their athletic ability.

I don't care who they vote for. I have no doubt most of my favorite athletes have views I'd disagree with, I just hope nobody puts a mic in front of them and asks about it, because I could do without the idiotic think pieces and MAD ONLINE responses when I want nothing but good vibes from this team.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1291 on: March 14, 2016, 01:33:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 01:20:15 PM
The season is ruined because the Cubs and especially shitty tactician Joe Maddon are racists

I actually think that article was really well-written and nuanced and fairly easy on Maddon. It gave him the benefit of the doubt and mentioned Kawasaki gave his consent to the whole thing, but it did question whether the whole culture of how teams treat Japanese players is still a little off-base, which I think is a fair question.

I mean if we heard about the Cardinals playing "Turning Japanese" and "Kung Fu Fighting" with their lone Asian player do you really think we'd let it slide?

Maddon's a registered Republican and is always talking about personal responsibility. Now he's going on about how things are too politically correct. How long until his Trump endorsement? smdh.

I have to imagine the Cubs are image-conscious enough to have emphasized to everyone that they should avoid expressing political views during this time. At least I hope so.

I don't actually think he's a Trump supporter. He's probably more annoyed that Dr. Rand Paul's campaign didn't take off.

I don't either, but I'm also not interested in finding out either way, and I hope Epstink has sent that memo out to everyone.
Last time I checked it was not illegal to vote Republican, (not that I would, or ever have).  From my experience most professional athletes are conservative and are in the higher tax brackets.  So it follows that they identify with politicians on the right (not in the sense of correct) side of the political spectrum.  I don't admire them because of their political acumen, but rather for their athletic ability.

I don't care who they vote for. I have no doubt most of my favorite athletes have views I'd disagree with, I just hope nobody puts a mic in front of them and asks about it, because I could do without the idiotic think pieces and MAD ONLINE responses when I want nothing but good vibes from this team.

Jonathan Toews tweeted on 2/29 about DeCaprio's Oscar speech, and added the #climatechangeisreal hashtag, and it somehow didn't get deleted or reported on. Got a feeling the HAwks would handle it in a more efficient matter than they would on (alleged) sexual assault.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1292 on: March 14, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 14, 2016, 01:33:04 PM

Jonathan Toews tweeted on 2/29 about DeCaprio's Oscar speech, and added the #climatechangeisreal hashtag, and it somehow didn't get deleted or reported on. Got a feeling the HAwks would handle it in a more efficient matter than they would on (alleged) sexual assault.

Awww snap.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1293 on: March 14, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »

They'd probably handle it better than Bruce Wolf did.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1294 on: March 14, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 03:05:06 PM

Yes, I believe Wolf literally said "STICK TO SPORTS", the putz.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1295 on: March 14, 2016, 03:10:26 PM »

Can some of you LOCAL GUYS explain who the hell Bruce Wolf is beyond "former radio guy" and good lord is there any end to the number of insane, misogynistic army of ex-Chicago sports radio guys? Him and Coppock, just screaming obscenities at every woman they can find.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1296 on: March 14, 2016, 03:13:21 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 03:10:26 PM

Last time I checked it was not illegal to vote Republican, (not that I would, or ever have).  From my experience most professional athletes are conservative and are in the higher tax brackets.  So it follows that they identify with politicians on the right (not in the sense of correct) side of the political spectrum.  I don't admire them because of their political acumen, but rather for their athletic ability.

Can some of you LOCAL GUYS explain who the hell Bruce Wolf is beyond "former radio guy" and good lord is there any end to the number of insane, misogynistic army of ex-Chicago sports radio guys? Him and Coppock, just screaming obscenities at every woman they can find.

I will say that while Wolf can be smugly and stridently right-wing, I'm not aware of his screaming obscenities at women.

Coppock, we know of, but of course that irrelevant fucking dinosaur is best ignored.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1297 on: March 14, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 14, 2016, 03:13:21 PM

Last time I checked it was not illegal to vote Republican, (not that I would, or ever have).  From my experience most professional athletes are conservative and are in the higher tax brackets.  So it follows that they identify with politicians on the right (not in the sense of correct) side of the political spectrum.  I don't admire them because of their political acumen, but rather for their athletic ability.

I will say that while Wolf can be smugly and stridently right-wing, I'm not aware of his screaming obscenities at women.

Coppock, we know of, but of course that irrelevant fucking dinosaur is best ignored.

Wolf got into a huge fight the other day on twitter when he said that campus rape statistics were inflated and how there's basically no way in hell that many women are getting raped. It did not go over well.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1298 on: March 14, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »

Odd to me that they're grouped together here, as I know Wolf mainly for his Chet Chitchat character which I can't imagine Coppock is enamored with.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1299 on: March 14, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 14, 2016, 03:18:49 PM

Odd to me that they're grouped together here, as I know Wolf mainly for his Chet Chitchat character which I can't imagine Coppock is enamored with.

Well there's also Chuck Swirsky, who, along with Coppock, really seemed to make up about 97% of Chet Chit-Chat, and now I remember Laura Wittek, Steve Dahl's newsgirl at WCKG in the mid-90's but on the scene for quite a while before that relating some story about Swirsky--in his first go-around in Chicago before he was exiled somewhere before returning to be the Bulls play-by-play man--wherein Swirsky apparently had gone off on Wittek with some sort of "woman should be at home" rant, so there's that.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1300 on: March 14, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 03:16:53 PM

Wolf got into a huge fight the other day on twitter when he said that campus rape statistics were inflated and how there's basically no way in hell that many women are getting raped. It did not go over well.

Bruce Wolf literally just asked aloud why Kane's accuser should *NOT* be publicly shamed.

Even if you somehow feel like Kane, who is going to be your best pal because you like his goals and damn it he's gonna notice you one day, was unfairly accused and deserves none of the scorn that has come his way since the summer - SURELY you can agree that we should leave the fucking accuser alone. Is there no decency left AT ALL?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1301 on: March 14, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 03:31:37 PM

Bruce Wolf literally just asked aloud why Kane's accuser should *NOT* be publicly shamed.

Even if you somehow feel like Kane, who is going to be your best pal because you like his goals and damn it he's gonna notice you one day, was unfairly accused and deserves none of the scorn that has come his way since the summer - SURELY you can agree that we should leave the fucking accuser alone. Is there no decency left AT ALL?

Jesus. What a gift Chicago sports radio has given to the world when you can't even say Mike North and Dan MacNeil are the worst human beings it has made famous.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1302 on: March 14, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »

If that really is what happened (and we'll never know now, either way) and if she truly pulled a Cathleen Crowell Webb/Gary Dotson for whatever reason, then it probably would indicate that she was mentally unstable and shouldn't have attention thrust her way in any event, so yes, she should be left alone.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1303 on: March 14, 2016, 06:32:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 03:37:54 PM

Jesus. What a gift Chicago sports radio has given to the world when you can't even say Mike North and Dan MacNeil are the worst human beings it has made famous.

"famous"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1304 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:30 AM »

I said the same thing in teh Slack the day it was happening. It was humorous, in a way, but we should be aware of how it looks on the outside. And on the outside, it was a bad look.

I think it depends on the sport, too. Baseball is a sport of conservatives, for sure. They're Jesus-y and white