News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,285 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »
If I had been toold about this and not read it myself I wouldn't have believed it.  Rogers is not merely taking issue with a White Sox site, he is arguing with of of the people who posts there.  How insecure is this guy?

"A couple days ago I used a Mark Buehrle item here that caused me to get bashed on the website whitesoxinteractive.com. That's nothing new. But it's mentioned here because this particular item said that I incorrectly reported details about Buehrle's contract. So that bothered me. I checked the information and was told that my report was correct.

The point of contention is a clause that guarantees Buehrle a $15 million salary in 2012 if he is traded. A poster on the WSI.com site said that clause was voided when Buehrle became a 10/5 guy in 2010, but that's not right. The clause still exists, although it isn't expected to be an issue for two reasons: 1) Any team trading for Buehrle would probably have to rework his contract to get him to waive the 10/5 rights, and 2) the White Sox are very unlikely to trade Buehrle. I made that point in my item, which discussed his potential value to National League teams. Now that we've got that cleared up..."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 25, 2011, 01:08:46 PM
If I had been toold about this and not read it myself I wouldn't have believed it.  Rogers is not merely taking issue with a White Sox site, he is arguing with of of the people who posts there.  How insecure is this guy?

"A couple days ago I used a Mark Buehrle item here that caused me to get bashed on the website whitesoxinteractive.com. That's nothing new. But it's mentioned here because this particular item said that I incorrectly reported details about Buehrle's contract. So that bothered me. I checked the information and was told that my report was correct.

The point of contention is a clause that guarantees Buehrle a $15 million salary in 2012 if he is traded. A poster on the WSI.com site said that clause was voided when Buehrle became a 10/5 guy in 2010, but that's not right. The clause still exists, although it isn't expected to be an issue for two reasons: 1) Any team trading for Buehrle would probably have to rework his contract to get him to waive the 10/5 rights, and 2) the White Sox are very unlikely to trade Buehrle. I made that point in my item, which discussed his potential value to National League teams. Now that we've got that cleared up..."

Wow. All those times that Andy's taken the hatchet to Phil and he chooses to bicker with someone who complained about him having his contract numbers wrong?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 25, 2011, 01:18:51 PM
Quote from: CBStew on May 25, 2011, 01:08:46 PM

Wow. All those times that Andy's taken the hatchet to Phil and he chooses to bicker with someone who complained about him having his contract numbers wrong?

Sure, because in this case Phildo was right.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
David Haugh is the stupidest man alive.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0606-haugh-zambrano--20110605,0,6141835.column

QuoteSumming up the way so many people on the North Side probably felt Sunday night, Jim Hendry just sighed when he answered the phone. On the eve of Major League Baseball's amateur draft, Hendry took precious time away from preparing for the Cubs to pick ninth overall to compare Carlos Zambrano's shenanigans.

QuoteI understand why Hendry needs to gather information and sort through issues related to the players association. But if it were me, after severing all ties with whatever therapist signed off on Zambrano's anger management last July, the Cubs' next move seems easy. Suspend Zambrano as long as it takes Hendry to find a trade partner willing to take on a contract scheduled to pay the pitcher $18 million in 2012 with a player option in 2013. If it takes all season for a Cubs team already out of contention, so be it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 06, 2011, 09:24:50 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0606-haugh-zambrano--20110605,0,6141835.column

Quote... after severing all ties with whatever therapist signed off on Zambrano's anger management last July...

Haugh is right. Carlos was clearly out of control when he punched someone in the dugout attacked a water cooler raised his voice to someone spoke to the press about how frustrating it is to play for a shitty baseball team.

Obviously what Haugh wants is for Zambrano to give the press the silent treatment like Urlacher did.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Dear Andy,

I know you don't often do requests but considering that it's already one of your favorite punching bags in David Huh! please tear him a new one for this latest affront to reason and good writing.

Thank you.

Regards,

Desipiots Far and Wide
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 06, 2011, 09:31:40 AM

Quote... after severing all ties with whatever therapist signed off on Zambrano's anger management last July...

Haugh is right. Carlos was clearly out of control when he punched someone in the dugout attacked a water cooler raised his voice to someone spoke to the press about how frustrating it is to play for a shitty baseball team.

Obviously what Haugh wants is for Zambrano to give the press the silent treatment like Urlacher did.

He points the blame at everyone but himself guys. That's why we should care so much. If our team sucks, at least they should be stand up guys. Guys you'd want to take to a birthday party. Guys you want to go to battle with. Best friend material.  You don't call out your best friend when they are trying their damned hardest. Amirite? Show some sincerity. Get rid of this clown, he's harshing our mellow.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 06, 2011, 09:54:17 AM

He points the blame at everyone but himself guys. That's why we should care so much. If our team sucks, at least they should be stand up guys. Guys you'd want to take to a birthday party. Guys you want to go to battle with. Best friend material.  You don't call out your best friend when they are trying their damned hardest. Amirite? Show some sincerity. Get rid of this clown, he's harshing our mellow.

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 06, 2011, 09:54:17 AM

That's a terrible impression of JD.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 06, 2011, 10:28:57 AM
Holy shit! Must read stuff at SBNation Chicago.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-cubs/2011/6/6/2209116/carlos-zambrano-cubs-ryan-theriot-albert-pujols

When did Andy endear himself to SBNation? How can Al eventually ban him?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 06, 2011, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 06, 2011, 10:28:57 AM
Holy shit! Must read stuff at SBNation Chicago.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-cubs/2011/6/6/2209116/carlos-zambrano-cubs-ryan-theriot-albert-pujols

When did Andy endear himself to SBNation? How can Al eventually ban him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 10:40:23 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »
Right now, Al is:

a) Sitting in a dark room drinking Canadian Whisky from a bottle muttering expletives to himself.
b) On the phone screaming at Kos and George Castle.
c) In his car, riding up to Durand looking to settle up the score the old fashioned way: via fists or old-fashioned duel.
d) Pouring a nice glass of hemlock to go with his final meal: Oscar Mayer Bologna on white.
e) Sending in a resume to Desipio Media Ventures.