News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,221 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #960 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2015, 11:40:42 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 14, 2015, 11:32:05 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 14, 2015, 11:11:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2015, 11:04:58 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 14, 2015, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 14, 2015, 10:31:46 AM
If any of you watched last night, what did you, or better yet, what did JD say about Lester's performance?

He was getting hit hard a lot. His average fastball velocity last night was down about 2 mph from last year, which is obviously quite a bit. It seems to me like his stuff just isn't quite there yet and that it's less a command problem.

I think that's why the ITS TOO EARLY shit bothers me. Obviously the spring training injury that we were told wasn't an issue was an issue. He's not in season shape yet and he'll probably be fine once he is, but it's fair to wonder just how long it's gonna take him to get up to speed and wonder how many games it might cost the team before he does without being a ledge jumper.

I think Twitter is the problem, since people don't have room to fully explain their points. If you say "Lester doesn't look very good at the moment" people assume you're actually saying "Lester is bad and this contract was a mistake." I do not have a solution.

I read a fair amount of that talk on Facebook from the type of people who don't understand the Epstink Is Terrible joke is on them.

and the one guy who took it too far and just posted something unfunny every single day in terrible meatballese.

One guy?  There's half a dozen of the cunts, missing the joke in new and exciting ways every day.  They took a beautiful idea, and reduced it to badly-spelled rubble.  It makes me want to fucking weep.

So, you know... thanks, Fork.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #961 on: April 15, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2015, 12:31:55 PM
If any of you watched last night, what did you, or better yet, what did JD say about Lester's performance?

He was getting hit hard a lot. His average fastball velocity last night was down about 2 mph from last year, which is obviously quite a bit. It seems to me like his stuff just isn't quite there yet and that it's less a command problem.

I think that's why the ITS TOO EARLY shit bothers me. Obviously the spring training injury that we were told wasn't an issue was an issue. He's not in season shape yet and he'll probably be fine once he is, but it's fair to wonder just how long it's gonna take him to get up to speed and wonder how many games it might cost the team before he does without being a ledge jumper.

I think Twitter is the problem, since people don't have room to fully explain their points. If you say "Lester doesn't look very good at the moment" people assume you're actually saying "Lester is bad and this contract was a mistake." I do not have a solution.

I read a fair amount of that talk on Facebook from the type of people who don't understand the Epstink Is Terrible joke is on them.

and the one guy who took it too far and just posted something unfunny every single day in terrible meatballese.

One guy?  There's half a dozen of the cunts, missing the joke in new and exciting ways every day.  They took a beautiful idea, and reduced it to badly-spelled rubble.  It makes me want to fucking weep.

That's like blaming Deep Purple for every shitty cover of "Smoke On The Water".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #962 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 15, 2015, 08:12:57 AM

Except, it's more like if Deep Purple kept inviting every mook they ever met onto the stage, handing them guitars, then leaving while giving the finger to their fans.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #963 on: April 15, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 15, 2015, 09:23:12 AM

Except, it's more like if Deep Purple kept inviting every mook they ever met onto the stage, handing them guitars, then leaving while giving the finger to their fans.

I love Bort.  I'm just putting that out there.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #964 on: April 15, 2015, 10:16:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 15, 2015, 10:04:29 AM

Seconded
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #965 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 10:16:50 AM

Seconded

present

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #966 on: April 15, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 15, 2015, 10:25:12 AM

Seconded

present

I could give two shits about Bort, but Dylan Connelly sent me a friend request on Facebook and now I hate Fork more than ever.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #967 on: April 16, 2015, 01:57:22 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 15, 2015, 03:36:33 PM

Seconded

present

I could give two shits about Bort, but Dylan Connelly sent me a friend request on Facebook and now I hate Fork more than ever.

I got one from him months ago.  I haven't rejected it yet, purely so that every time I go into Facebook, I can continue to ignore it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #968 on: April 16, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 16, 2015, 01:57:22 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 15, 2015, 03:36:33 PM

Seconded

present

I got one from him months ago.  I haven't rejected it yet, purely so that every time I go into Facebook, I can continue to ignore it.

I wonder why I haven't gotten one. You guys must suck at Epstinking if he thinks you're cool.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #969 on: April 28, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
While Yellon may be bad, this takes the cake for SBN fuckwittery:

http://deadspin.com/sociopathic-angels-blogger-posts-now-deleted-rant-about-1700641867
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #970 on: April 28, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 28, 2015, 10:17:53 AM

http://deadspin.com/sociopathic-angels-blogger-posts-now-deleted-rant-about-1700641867

Holy shit what an asshole.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #971 on: April 28, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2015, 10:35:48 AM

Can I both hate this guy (a ton) and also hate that quote from Josh Hamilton? 

"He knew what the deal was when he signed me. Hands down, he knew what he was getting, what the risks were. Under the (joint drug agreement), it is what it is."

Because that's a seriously shitty thing to say also, regardless of how poorly they treated him. 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #972 on: April 28, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 28, 2015, 11:13:18 AM

"He knew what the deal was when he signed me. Hands down, he knew what he was getting, what the risks were. Under the (joint drug agreement), it is what it is."

Because that's a seriously shitty thing to say also, regardless of how poorly they treated him. 

I'm not sure.  I think it's possible this was discussed at length during his contract negotiations and he now perceives what he was told back then to be either insincere at the time or sincere but since violated.  It's probably more than just "they knew they were getting a druggie, so tough shit."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #973 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 28, 2015, 11:57:46 AM

I'm not sure.  I think it's possible this was discussed at length during his contract negotiations and he now perceives what he was told back then to be either insincere at the time or sincere but since violated.  It's probably more than just "they knew they were getting a druggie, so tough shit."

Dude is fired.

We took the post down and we have mutually agreed to part ways with the blogger in question. We thank him for his years of service to his community and look forward to opening a new chapter at that blog. We, in no way, endorse the post and realize that this could happen again in the future and we will always act when that line is crossed.

- Tyler Bleszinski, Founder, SB Nation/Vox Media

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #974 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54:06 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 28, 2015, 01:52:49 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 28, 2015, 11:57:46 AM

Dude is fired.

We took the post down and we have mutually agreed to part ways with the blogger in question. We thank him for his years of service to his community and look forward to opening a new chapter at that blog. We, in no way, endorse the post and realize that this could happen again in the future and we will always act when that line is crossed.

- Tyler Bleszinski, Founder, SB Nation/Vox Media

So, can we hack into BCB and repost this with a slightly different byline?