News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,237 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 02, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Yeti on May 02, 2016, 03:12:10 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 02, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
Why doesn't Karstark just shiv Ramsey now? Is the Bolten clan so in love with Ramsey that they would follow him blindly?

Karstark: "Ramsey had just killed his father, his father's wife, and his newborn son. Ramsey was unstable. I have removed that instability. There is now a Stark back in Winterfell!"

This story line is Soriano.

Karstark's don't like Starks anymore.

I should have said, "There is now a "Stark" back in Winterfell!"

The whole Ramsey thing is just dumb.

Their hatred for the Starks could motivate them to team up with the most despicable possible inhabitant of Winterfell out of sheer spite. They'd have to be awfully stupid though because the Freys, the Lannisters, the Iron Born the rest of the Northern houses and fuck knows who else, all will be ready to set shit right with the Bastard and they'll be collateral damage. Agree with Chuck this is thin and stupid and gross and pointless.

Only perhaps a secret pact with Little Finger might make sense. They'd wait until Sansa was found, alert Lord Baelish, kill Ramsey then, collect $200.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 02, 2016, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on May 02, 2016, 11:58:57 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 02, 2016, 10:02:31 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 01, 2016, 11:34:37 PM
Well, that was expected and I am happy with it. I do love the L+R=J theory so I felt his death would have rendered that moot

What's uncertain is who/what brought Jon back. I'm not convinced the Red Woman did it. The Bloodraven has more power and skin in the Jon Snow game. He also has good reason to make everyone THINK the Red Woman did it since he'd like to remain a secret. I'm reasonably sure he's responsible for the Direwolves' appearance as well.

He's my favorite fucking character. This show is so badass.

There are a lot of theories as to who the Three Eyed Raven is supposed to be -- are you familiar with them?

I've read "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" so I know who he is supposed to be. Are we going down that rabbit hole? I'm game.

I think it's pretty interesting how many layers comprise the book series, and how many connections there are between the characters that are never overtly stated in the books. (Brianne's possible ancestor, for example.) And I really loved the Tales of Dunk and Egg. I feel like HBO is missing the boat if they pass on making those stories as well, although I suppose they might be planning on it, once Game of Thrones is over.
M'lady.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2016, 09:06:29 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 02, 2016, 06:42:49 PM
Well, that was expected and I am happy with it. I do love the L+R=J theory so I felt his death would have rendered that moot

What's uncertain is who/what brought Jon back. I'm not convinced the Red Woman did it. The Bloodraven has more power and skin in the Jon Snow game. He also has good reason to make everyone THINK the Red Woman did it since he'd like to remain a secret. I'm reasonably sure he's responsible for the Direwolves' appearance as well.

There are a lot of theories as to who the Three Eyed Raven is supposed to be -- are you familiar with them?

I've read "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" so I know who he is supposed to be. Are we going down that rabbit hole? I'm game.

I think it's pretty interesting how many layers comprise the book series, and how many connections there are between the characters that are never overtly stated in the books. (Brianne's possible ancestor, for example.) And I really loved the Tales of Dunk and Egg. I feel like HBO is missing the boat if they pass on making those stories as well, although I suppose they might be planning on it, once Game of Thrones is over.

For someone who hasn't read anything beyond the main books, could you fill me in on this Three Eyed Raven theory? Are Bloodraven and the Three Eyed Raven the same person/thing?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 03, 2016, 09:06:29 AM

For someone who hasn't read anything beyond the main books, could you fill me in on this Three Eyed Raven theory? Are Bloodraven and the Three Eyed Raven the same person/thing?

Same guy. I'm going from memory here so you can Wiki the dude and check me on it. Lord Bryndon Rivers "The Bloodraven" is/was a bastard Targaryan. He was* cousin to Maester Aemon from castle black and his younger brother Aegon, who ruled about 100 years prior to the events of A Game of Thrones. Rivers was Hand of The King to Aegon (called Egg as a boy) and did some dirt that the king didn't approve of. He was fired, disowned and sent to the Wall, where he quickly became one of the most respected Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch.

Now, Bryndon, had but one eye, you see. And his powers of sight, as you've now surmised were pretty fucking significant. They said that he could spy on his enemies from everywhere and anywhere. You were never safe from his gaze. The saying went, "The Bloodraven watches everything, with a thousand eyes and one." People were just deathly afraid of this guy. Plus he was hand during two inbred Targaryan insurrections, so his enemies were many. Half the kingdom hated him, and everyone feared him.

Well he was Lord Commander for a time but eventually buggered off (this is the part I'm fuzzy on). Went a ranging and never came back like old Benjen Stark?

So he lives in a tree now. And when Bran got to him at long last on the show, he said, "I've been watching you for a long time, Branden Stark, watching you with a thousand eyes - and one!"

Scary!

The Three-Eyed Raven is just one of many forms he might take, this one to get Bran's attention and send him North to meet his destiny.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2016, 10:44:02 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 03, 2016, 10:38:12 AM

Same guy. I'm going from memory here so you can Wiki the dude and check me on it. Lord Bryndon Rivers "The Bloodraven" is/was a bastard Targaryan. He was* cousin to Maester Aemon from castle black and his younger brother Aegon, who ruled about 100 years prior to the events of A Game of Thrones. Rivers was Hand of The King to Aegon (called Egg as a boy) and did some dirt that the king didn't approve of. He was fired, disowned and sent to the Wall, where he quickly became one of the most respected Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch.

Now, Bryndon, had but one eye, you see. And his powers of sight, as you've now surmised were pretty fucking significant. They said that he could spy on his enemies from everywhere and anywhere. You were never safe from his gaze. The saying went, "The Bloodraven watches everything, with a thousand eyes and one." People were just deathly afraid of this guy. Plus he was hand during two inbred Targaryan insurrections, so his enemies were many. Half the kingdom hated him, and everyone feared him.

Well he was Lord Commander for a time but eventually buggered off (this is the part I'm fuzzy on). Went a ranging and never came back like old Benjen Stark?

So he lives in a tree now. And when Bran got to him at long last on the show, he said, "I've been watching you for a long time, Branden Stark, watching you with a thousand eyes - and one!"

Scary!

I'm kind of hoping we get some sort of resolution to Benjen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2016, 11:01:17 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 03, 2016, 10:44:02 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 03, 2016, 10:38:12 AM

Scary!

I'm kind of hoping we get some sort of resolution to Benjen

They deliberately changed the story so that Jon came running out to meet his fate after news of his uncle. I'm not sure why they'd do that unless they're going to throw us a bone. Some book readers think that "The Ranger" who guided Bran's team from the wall to the tree was Benjen. That seems possible. It would speak to the Bloodraven's power to bring back the dead, useful skill when fighting a zombie army. "The Ranger" wasn't in the semi-canonical television version of the show, so this could be a doubly red herring.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2016, 11:22:15 AM »
And Brie's ancestor might be Ser Duncan the Tall, who was the head of the Knight's Guard when Aegon was king, as his shield was found by a young Brie somewhere on her family's property.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 03, 2016, 11:22:15 AM
And Brie's ancestor might be Ser Duncan the Tall, who was the head of the Knight's Guard when Aegon was king, as his shield was found by a young Brie somewhere on her family's property.

That's awesome. As Knight of the Kingsguard, he wouldn't have been able to get married. So if he sewed his seed somewhere in the Emerald Islands at some point, his lineage could easily have passed down to her. I'm sure that's right.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »
You teasing mother fuckers.... Late season reveal, then?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 09, 2016, 08:18:23 AM
You teasing mother fuckers.... Late season reveal, then?

Reveal of what/who is in the tower in The Stormlands? They're usually good for some mid-season OH SHIT moments so we might get down to this sooner.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
The foley artists have been doing some solid work down in the gutter the past few weeks.

First there was the guy pissing in the tunnel after telling the story about flashing Cersei. When he turned around, you could hear the sound of piss hitting plate armor. Then this week, there was the fart in the small council meeting.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
So we've got us a few factions forming up here:

- Lannisters & Tyrells
- Jon/Sansa & Wildlings & the North, if the North Remembers
- Ramsay & the North, if the North Doesn't Remember
- Dany & Tyrion & the Unsullied & 10,000 Dothraki Screamers[/li][/list]

Based on where we left off with the Greyjoys in the last book, I'm going to guess whoever prevails in the Kingsmoot is going to eventually provide Dany's transport to Westeros.

And who the fuck knows who if anyone Littlefinger will join up with.

Am I missing anyone?

If not, who ya got? Of course, this doesn't take into account all of the above getting their asses handed to them  by the White Walker army.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »
    Quote from: R-V on May 16, 2016, 01:00:11 PM
    So we've got us a few factions forming up here:

- Lannisters & Tyrells
    - Jon/Sansa & Wildlings & the North, if the North Remembers
    - Ramsay & the North, if the North Doesn't Remember
    - Dany & Tyrion & the Unsullied & 10,000 Dothraki Screamers[/li][/list]

Based on where we left off with the Greyjoys in the last book, I'm going to guess whoever prevails in the Kingsmoot is going to eventually provide Dany's transport to Westeros.

And who the fuck knows who if anyone Littlefinger will join up with.

Am I missing anyone?

If not, who ya got? Of course, this doesn't take into account all of the above getting their asses handed to them  by the White Walker army.

The feeling I get is that all of the above is going to amount to a giant circle jerk once the Night's King gets his chess pieces arranged and decides to start going HAM on the entire continent. That's what I've always hoped for. The very first scene of season one, in which the Night's Watchmen get beset by members of the dead army was just so terrifying and every time we've glimpsed that menace up north, it's made everything else in the story seem so trivial. I'm just biding my time waiting or that hell to shake loose and things to get really, really interesting.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    « Reply #178 on: May 22, 2016, 09:30:22 PM »
    Hold the door

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
    « Reply #179 on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »
    ::sobs:: Hodor just lost the Game of Thrones.
    M'lady.