News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,328 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 03, 2013, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 03, 2013, 09:02:38 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 02, 2013, 08:57:47 PMJesus fucking balls

They fucking nailed it. I've been moist with anticipation for that scene since reading the book and I think this version was even more brutal and revolting. Roose Bolton is about as nasty as they come.

I haven't read the book.  Are they going to run out of characters?

Yeah, the last two books are just about rivers and sheep and the weather.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
what is Roose Bolton's backstory again?

I'm glad the Starks are dead except for Arya. Hopefully Sansa is next. So boring.

One dumbass storyline down.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PM
what is Roose Bolton's backstory again?
Pex has this down cold. Ask him.

I'm trying to reconcile how Roose turned.  He seemed so supportive of Robb the whole time. Jaime Lanissters' "Say hi to Robb for me" to Roose was a nice subtle hint. I hope we learn why Roose went so pro-Lanisster.

Quote from: Slaky on June 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PM
I'm glad the Starks are dead except for Arya. Hopefully Sansa is next. So boring.
Sansa does need to be killed. Far worse to lose Ros than Sansa.

I hope Arya kills Joffrey and then marries Dany and they both sit on the throne.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PMwhat is Roose Bolton's backstory again?

He is a stone cold opportunist and weirdo. In addition to the fat wife and 'drinking dulls the senses' anecdotes you heard last night, here's what I recall from the books:

- Ned/Robb Stark's bannerman, until That Whole Red Wedding thing
- Gets leechings on the regular to keep himself feeling good
- One of the only lords to still practice Prima Nocta with the local commonfolk - keeps it quiet from Ned who you can imagine wouldn't approve
- In related news, doesn't have a legitimate heir
- Other stuff that happens in subsequent books I won't get into

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 03, 2013, 02:02:29 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PMwhat is Roose Bolton's backstory again?

He is a stone cold opportunist and weirdo. In addition to the fat wife and 'drinking dulls the senses' anecdotes you heard last night, here's what I recall from the books:

- One of the only lords to still practice Prima Nocta with the local commonfolk - keeps it quiet from Ned who you can imagine wouldn't approve

All of this and if you think he's bad, wait until you meet his bastard.

So keeping score through Season 3, episode 9: The Lannisters now control all of Westeros with the exception of the Iron Islands (Greyjoys) and Dragonstone (Stannis). The Starks are all but extinct, with Bran the living heir but presumed dead. With Robb's army in shreds, Tywin can now turn his attention toward crushing Stannis. But he controls the Riverlands and the North with the help of the Freys and Boltons, two families known for treachery and ruthlessness. The South is in order thanks to an uneasy alliance with the Tyrells, which Cersei seems hellbent on undoing. What could go wrong?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 03, 2013, 02:26:09 PM

So keeping score through Season 3, episode 9: The Lannisters now control all of Westeros with the exception of the Iron Islands (Greyjoys) and Dragonstone (Stannis). The Starks are all but extinct, with Bran the living heir but presumed dead. With Robb's army in shreds, Tywin can now turn his attention toward crushing Stannis. But he controls the Riverlands and the North with the help of the Freys and Boltons, two families known for treachery and ruthlessness. The South is in order thanks to an uneasy alliance with the Tyrells, which Cersei seems hellbent on undoing. What could go wrong?

So did the dude who got married to Frey's daughter survive? What is his deal now?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 03, 2013, 03:13:00 PM

So did the dude who got married to Frey's daughter survive? What is his deal now?

Catelyn's brother? He probably dead.

EDIT: I'm wrong

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »

Edmure, Cat's brother is a prisoner/hostage of the Freys. His uncle, The Blackfish escaped and is now the occupant of Riverrun, hostile to the crown. Butthurt to ensue.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

Dunno. Why keep him alive? You already killed a king.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 03, 2013, 03:23:24 PM

Dunno. Why keep him alive? You already killed a king.

Families and armies loyal to Riverrun/Winterfell will be coerced to bend the knee. Frey assumes they give a shit about what happens to the Lord of Riverrun. Whether or not this is true you'll just have to wait and see.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
So, as far as Season 3 v. Storm of Swords, are they basically doing the first half of the book, most of it, or all of it? I'm about 200 pages away from being done with Clash of Kings.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2013, 10:32:00 AMSo, as far as Season 3 v. Storm of Swords, are they basically doing the first half of the book, most of it, or all of it? I'm about 200 pages away from being done with Clash of Kings.

The Red Wedding occurs about 2/3 of the way through the book, so that's probably a good estimate. Although I believe they've used some material for Dany from as far forward as book 5. I think the plan for next season is to get through book 3 with some of book 4 and possibly 5 sprinkled in (books 4 and 5 cover roughly the same time period, but for different sets of characters).

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
So it's called the Red Wedding because of all the blood right? Feel like that's a decent giveaway as to what would occur.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 04, 2013, 11:28:19 AMSo it's called the Red Wedding because of all the blood right? Feel like that's a decent giveaway as to what would occur.

No - it's called that because Cat was on her period when they slit her throat. These are the kind of details you're missing out on if you don't read the books.