News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unwatchable  ( 27,413 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unwatchable
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »
Pete Rose's hair color.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:38 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2015, 12:44:36 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 08, 2015, 08:16:23 PM
Pete Rose's hair color.

Does not exist in nature.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2015, 06:09:37 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
Rally Carp, where are you? Why did I see this?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 07:12:40 PM »
Toronto fans kind of seem like they suck.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 14, 2015, 07:12:40 PM

I'd say they're way more bandwagonish than Cub fans, seeing as how nobody gave a shit until 2 months ago. I've seen a fair number of games at Rogers Centre, and I tend to dislike the experience. They have a lot of between-innings distractions (dance crews, t-shirt guns, etc.) and they feel the need to tell Jays fans when to cheer. The ballpark is also generally a lot quieter than Wrigley, which I suppose could be an effect of the accoustics, but it generally seems morgue like to me.

At the same time, the 7th inning of tonight's game was outrageous. Martin's throw that bounced off a bat is very Old School Cub-like, while the fact that they so brutally reclaimed the lead is certainly more New Cubs.

All that said, the ridiculous level of Texas Butt-Hurt that followed Bautista's homerun leads me to think that the right team won. The Rangers looked petty, even if they felt Bautista showed them up by admiring his homerun.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00:35 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 14, 2015, 07:48:40 PM

I'd say they're way more bandwagonish than Cub fans, seeing as how nobody gave a shit until 2 months ago. I've seen a fair number of games at Rogers Centre, and I tend to dislike the experience. They have a lot of between-innings distractions (dance crews, t-shirt guns, etc.) and they feel the need to tell Jays fans when to cheer. The ballpark is also generally a lot quieter than Wrigley, which I suppose could be an effect of the accoustics, but it generally seems morgue like to me.

At the same time, the 7th inning of tonight's game was outrageous. Martin's throw that bounced off a bat is very Old School Cub-like, while the fact that they so brutally reclaimed the lead is certainly more New Cubs.

All that said, the ridiculous level of Texas Butt-Hurt that followed Bautista's homerun leads me to think that the right team won. The Rangers looked petty, even if they felt Bautista showed them up by admiring his homerun.

That was a bat-flip for the ages.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 08:10:27 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 14, 2015, 08:00:35 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better one.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »

The game I was at in May left me enjoying the dance crew a lot. The dance was decidedly stripper-like.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2015, 11:59:46 PM »

I loved the bat flip. Just thought the trash-throwing and whatever the hell they did to the Rangers dugout was a bit much - even if the Rangers are a bunch of whiny bitches.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2015, 12:28:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2015, 08:10:27 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 14, 2015, 08:00:35 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better one.

Yeah.  The rotation on it probably could've gotten a chopper off the ground.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

pisomojado8

• Chocolate Salty Balls
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
I think this 2015 NLCS qualifies.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 08:52:11 AM »
Quote from: pisomojado8 on October 21, 2015, 08:03:33 PM

Would you have preferred Mets/Cardinals?
TIME TO POST!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »
Quote from: pisomojado8 on October 21, 2015, 08:03:33 PM

I was done in the second inning last night. Turned it back on for the 9th because I wanted to see one of my favorites maybe come to bat one last time.

Coghlan, Montero, Fowler... with Soler (3-4) waiting on deck when Dexter got hosed on a barely borderline 3-2 pitch.

The TBS strike zone was an abomination. Ernie Johnson, one of my favorite broadcasters ever, due to his NBA on TNT work had me ready to punch my TV several times. I never fucking liked Ron Darling and nothing changed there. Cal Ripken is a useless shite, whose roid-induced record* for games played is about as interesting as his stupid observations during broadcasts. His giant head is now obscured by his bloated husk so we'll never see what he did to himself in the 90s.

McFaddens. I hope they get termites.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.