News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 588-23dead  ( 1,489 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
588-23dead
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 588-23dead
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
Next thing you know, the Victory Auto Wreckers guy will kick. What has this world come to.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
And TJ bags his #1 pick.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 27, 2011, 01:12:02 PM
Next thing you know, the Victory Auto Wreckers guy will kick. What has this world come to.

He could be dead already. They've been playing the same commercial for years. I bet he died in 1982.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2011, 03:14:41 PM

He could be dead already. They've been playing the same commercial for years. I bet he died in 1982.

Still alive as of early 2006...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2006-01-27/features/0601270119_1_tow-truck-commercial-tv-history

Quote"That commercial brings in new business every time it runs," says Bob Zajdel, who was that long-haired guy in the ad who had the Chevy door fall off in his hand. "And you'll do this article and it'll start again. They'll get more calls, and it will bring more business for [Victory]. It's still working."

Zajdel, now 45 and a driver for Map Transportation, an Elk Grove cartage company, was a tow truck driver for Victory in Bensenville when he made the commercial.

"They just approached me and asked if I wanted to do it. I figured, why not?"

The commercial also made a star out of Zajdel. Though not a rich star. (He says he didn't get paid extra for the commercial; it was part of his workday. But it has earned him a few drinks in bars, he says.)

"I still own the shirt I wore," says Zajdel, who never filmed another spot after that afternoon on Pine Street and has no other connection to Victory, except that he occasionally comes in to buy parts. "And I still have the watchband from the commercial. The watch is long gone, but I've got the band.

"I should take the watchband and the shirt, with a Victory T-shirt, and put them on eBay. I could make some money off it."

Looks like he's still single, ladies!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 27, 2011, 03:25:26 PM

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2006-01-27/features/0601270119_1_tow-truck-commercial-tv-history

Quote"That commercial brings in new business every time it runs," says Bob Zajdel, who was that long-haired guy in the ad who had the Chevy door fall off in his hand. "And you'll do this article and it'll start again. They'll get more calls, and it will bring more business for [Victory]. It's still working."

Zajdel, now 45 and a driver for Map Transportation, an Elk Grove cartage company, was a tow truck driver for Victory in Bensenville when he made the commercial.

The commercial also made a star out of Zajdel. Though not a rich star. (He says he didn't get paid extra for the commercial; it was part of his workday. But it has earned him a few drinks in bars, he says.)

"I still own the shirt I wore," says Zajdel, who never filmed another spot after that afternoon on Pine Street and has no other connection to Victory, except that he occasionally comes in to buy parts. "And I still have the watchband from the commercial. The watch is long gone, but I've got the band.

"I should take the watchband and the shirt, with a Victory T-shirt, and put them on eBay. I could make some money off it."

I'd buy that watchband if it was on ebay.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »

You really helped me dodge a bullet here. Thanks.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

I heard him on the radio a few years ago. Seemed to have a pretty sour demeanor.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!