News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Bridesmaids  ( 1,653 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Bridesmaids
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

Anyone think a Judd Apatow movie for girls will work?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Bridesmaids
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
I don't know, but maybe one for WOMEN will work, you sexi pig.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »
Quote from: JD on May 01, 2011, 05:31:42 PM
I don't know, but maybe one for WOMEN will work, you sexi pig.

By girls I meant "chicks".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »
I'd see this movie for sure. Anyone want to baby sit? Wait, nevermind. I don't want any of you people near my kid.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:52:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 02, 2011, 08:49:06 AM
I'd see this movie for sure. Anyone want to baby sit? Wait, nevermind. I don't want any of you people near my kid.

I'll babysit, I mean shit, what's one more?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »
If your concern is that this is a chick flick, get over it.  Yes there were some things that are somewhat foreign to me as a not untypical male, such as concern about having the perfect wedding, but the humor is there.  It is raunchyand slapstick.  There is a scene involving food poisoning that you will not soon forget.  There are also insights available, such as how it feels to be considered someone's "number three shtup", as though that is supposed to be an honor.  Kristen Wiig carries the movie and for the most part, manages to have sex without getting naked.  But that is not necessarily a bad thing.  It is also interesting that most of the actresses used very little makeup, which I thought made them more real.  This is a movie that you can enjoy seeing with a date or spouse.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)