News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo  ( 16,521 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 01, 2011, 11:06:35 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on May 01, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
Worth noting that Abbottabad is far, far inside Pakistan.  A lot closer to India than Afghanistan.  

This was an brilliantly executed operation.

A historic operation, even.

Gil Gunderson would have you know that this isn't worth celebrating because the war isn't over. Oh, and that he completely agrees with Dan Bernstein that celebrating this makes us look as bad as the Palestinians who celebrated 9/11. (It maybe immature to drag a twitter feud over here but I'd like a collective shunning of Gil on this).
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
Worth noting that Abbottabad is far, far inside Pakistan.  A lot closer to India than Afghanistan.  

Far enough inside Pakistan to make me believe that Pakistani military and intelligence knew exactly where he was for 10 years. Motherfuckers. Glad he's dead but not looking forward to seeing how that little wrinkle plays out. What did Obama finally give them? Hopefully California.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 01, 2011, 11:13:50 PM

Far enough inside Pakistan to make me believe they knew exactly where he was for 10 years. Motherfuckers. Glad he's dead but not looking forward to seeing how that little wrinkle plays out.

Did you notice that the President basically thanked Pakistan for nothing tonight? That's telling.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:11:58 PM

Gil Gunderson would have you know that this isn't worth celebrating because the war isn't over. Oh, and that he completely agrees with Dan Bernstein that celebrating this makes us look as bad as the Palestinians who celebrated 9/11. (It maybe immature to drag a twitter feud over here but I'd like a collective shunning of Gil on this).

*waves hand in front of Gil* SHUNNED
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »

Yes, shun me for having a different opinion on one small aspect of this GAME CHANGING EVENT.

Cheap shot.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:21:03 PM

Yes, shun me for having a different opinion on one small aspect of this GAME CHANGING EVENT.

Cheap shot.

Shut up, hippie.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
BONERTIME!
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:14 PM »
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on May 01, 2011, 11:31:18 PM
BONERTIME!

To celebrate, I'm going to watch "Fast Five.". But before I do, I'm going to grab a beach ball and look like an ass on TV.

Go USA. Can we leave Afghanistan now?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:02 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 01, 2011, 10:43:36 PM
DPD.  They are singing "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" outside the White House.

Those meth-head White Sox fans need something to cheer about.
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you. So why does Gil Gunderson hate America?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:35:37 PM
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you. So why does Gil Gunderson hate America?

Seriously, what is your problem? Calm down.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you.

Me, too.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:37:14 PM

Seriously, what is your problem? Calm down.

Because I resent this ridiculous assertion of yours that celebrating this seems to imply that we aren't aware that this didn't end the war or that there aren't still unresolved issues. The fact that I'm genuinely glad that this bastard has been removed from the face of the earth doesn't mean I'm somehow unintelligent or ignorant of the complicated circumstances of the war on terror.