News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN  ( 1,892 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
This would also work under I Admit it...

...I'll probably buy this book.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »
I bought Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman's book  (I think "The Big Show"?)  in 1997.  Shortly afterward, I spotted, from my seat in the centerfield bleachers during a Friday afternoon game, sitting in about the 5th row of the right field bleachers, one of the authors himself, Patrick's pompadour-ish 'do making him quite noticeable from so far away.  I worked up the nerve to make my way down there after the game and introduce myself to him and tell him I enjoyed his book, to which he expressed surprise at meeting the one guy who actualy bought it.  Pretty funny on his feet for being stumbled into by some fat douche who  wanted to shake his hand.  Anyway, this was when ESPN was an entirely different thing and otherwise has no point whatsoever.  Let me know how this goes, though, Slak.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2011, 09:06:41 PM
I bought Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman's book  (I think "The Big Show"?)  in 1997.  Shortly afterward, I spotted, from my seat in the centerfield bleachers during a Friday afternoon game, sitting in about the 5th row of the right field bleachers, one of the authors himself, Patrick's pompadour-ish 'do making him quite noticeable from so far away.  I worked up the nerve to make my way down there after the game and introduce myself to him and tell him I enjoyed his book, to which he expressed surprise at meeting the one guy who actualy bought it.  Pretty funny on his feet for being stumbled into by some fat douche who  wanted to shake his hand.  Anyway, this was when ESPN was an entirely different thing and otherwise has no point whatsoever.  Let me know how this goes, though, Slak.

People are talking about it. I might as well get in on the fun. It clocks in at 784 pages but I'm guessing those will fly by. Especially since they aren't written by Bill Simmons.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »
Shortly afterward, I spotted, from my seat in the centerfield bleachers during a Friday afternoon game, sitting in about the 5th row of the right field bleachers, one of the authors himself, Patrick's pompadour-ish 'do making him quite noticeable from so far away.

Man, is that a shitload of commas.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 19, 2011, 02:01:34 AM
Shortly afterward, I spotted, from my seat in the centerfield bleachers during a Friday afternoon game, sitting in about the 5th row of the right field bleachers, one of the authors himself, Patrick's pompadour-ish 'do making him quite noticeable from so far away.

Man, is that a shitload of commas.

Yeah that's awful.  Sorry. 

Still Dan Patrick was cool when I met him and that book was funny and I have to agree with Slak that I'm kind of intrigued by this one.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs