News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-12 Blackhawks: No Longer Accepting Mediocrity or Tolerating Bullshit  ( 32,133 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2011, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2011, 10:18:27 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2011, 09:59:40 AM
I can't figure out where Kruger fits in on this team...

Isn't Kruger still The Plan All Along™? (You know, whatever The Plan might be?)

If the The Plan is seeing undersized centers get pancaked by NHL players, then yeah, The Plan is right on schedule.

This. Bowman said at the draft that they want Kruger to contribute at the big club next year but unless he makes a dramatic leap I don't see how it's possible. I'm praying they sign a solid two-way center along with Ryan Johnson for cheap and go with Toews, Free Agent A, Bolland, Johnson down the middle. Kruger needs to play but he won't get a ton of minutes in Chicago. Hopefully Stan's just playing coy. I don't see him relying on Kruger.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 11:16:50 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2011, 10:29:25 AM

If the The Plan is seeing undersized centers get pancaked by NHL players, then yeah, The Plan is right on schedule.

This. Bowman said at the draft that they want Kruger to contribute at the big club next year but unless he makes a dramatic leap I don't see how it's possible. I'm praying they sign a solid two-way center along with Ryan Johnson for cheap and go with Toews, Free Agent A, Bolland, Johnson down the middle. Kruger needs to play but he won't get a ton of minutes in Chicago. Hopefully Stan's just playing coy. I don't see him relying on Kruger.

Maybe Bowman needs lessons from Jim Hendry on how to go on record stating how much guys suck before putting them on the trading block.

I like Kruger's hockey sense, but unless he puts on 20 pounds of muscle, he'll never be able to compete at this level.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I still get the feeling that this money is going to be spread around, getting some more depth guys and maybe extending Sharp's contract if he's receptive.  I'm trying to wait until the free agency stuff is done, but at this point I don't like the trade.  I love Brouwer, but he's a guy that this team should be able to replace from its farm system.  Campbell, however, has a unique skillset that the Hawks had built their offensive system around, and that's not going to be easy to replicate.  I'm not buying that Nick Leddy can step into that role.

Although these feelings may just be a reaction to hearing various meatheads call WGN and The Score this weekend to proclaim Campbell a "one-way" player and "soft".  One dope went on to declare that Brouwer was also soft.  I hope these people are disfigured in a car fire.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2011, 12:00:49 PM
I still get the feeling that this money is going to be spread around, getting some more depth guys and maybe extending Sharp's contract if he's receptive.  I'm trying to wait until the free agency stuff is done, but at this point I don't like the trade.  I love Brouwer, but he's a guy that this team should be able to replace from its farm system.  Campbell, however, has a unique skillset that the Hawks had built their offensive system around, and that's not going to be easy to replicate.  I'm not buying that Nick Leddy can step into that role.

Although these feelings may just be a reaction to hearing various meatheads call WGN and The Score this weekend to proclaim Campbell a "one-way" player and "soft".  One dope went on to declare that Brouwer was also soft.  I hope these people are disfigured in a car fire.

I agree completely. Leddy can't jump and do what Campbell does. No one can and we're going to have to deal with the fact that we lost a unique skill set to get out from having to pay a 35 year old man 7 million dollars at some point in the future. Some good, some bad. They need a good, steady veteran back there for a couple of years at least and I think they can find and acquire that player. I'm counting on it.

Brouwer wasn't soft physically - he was the leading hitter last year. I think people thought he tended to disappear with his goal scoring and going in and out of Q's doghouse didn't help either. I don't think Q loved him much. I just hope Bickell figures out that he's a huge beast of a man and not some dainty sniper like he sometimes tries to be. If Bickell slots into the Brouwer role I think the club can replace Bickell through FA.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Goddamn, I hope McNeill makes this team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2011, 12:17:27 PM

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

DAHNAHNYEAAH...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

He could be awesome. I know you've said it but the draft couldn't have gone better.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 01:02:22 PM

He could be awesome. I know you've said it but the draft couldn't have gone better.

No, young Slak. He WILL be awesome.
TIME TO POST!

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club

Isn't the plan if they were to sign Richards or someother FA

that kruger plays the fourth with a Johnson type center and Smith

and in a year Kruger, the elder Hayes, Pirri or give us McNeil replaces Bolland and Johnson and use that cash to resign sharp?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Tallon just traded for Kopecky's rights for a 7th round pick next year. Oh Dale.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 04:27:42 PM
Tallon just traded for Kopecky's rights for a 7th round pick next year. Oh Dale.

Qualms with this trade: zero.

God bless you, Mr. Tallon.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2011, 04:33:36 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 04:27:42 PM

Qualms with this trade: zero.

God bless you, Mr. Tallon.

He was set to be a UFA in 4 days. I know it's just a 7th round pick but I find it hard to believe there was going to be a bidding war for Kopecky. Not to mention the Panthers can easily afford to match the highest bidder assuming it's for one or two years. I'm a little baffled but glad the Hawks got a pick for no discernible reason. Also, now we don't have to worry about the Hawks paying Kopecky.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
More news: Dowell did not get a QO while Stalberg, Frolik and Campoli all did.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 04:50:01 PM
More news: Dowell did not get a QO while Stalberg, Frolik and Campoli all did.

Steady as she goes/nothing to complain about here.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.