News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-12 Blackhawks: No Longer Accepting Mediocrity or Tolerating Bullshit  ( 32,146 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2011, 05:27:04 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 04:50:01 PM
More news: Dowell did not get a QO while Stalberg, Frolik and Campoli all did.

Steady as she goes/nothing to complain about here.

Dowell is a more serviceable 4th liner than Stalberg is, and it ain't like he's going to play anywhere else.

Frolik & Campoli? If they sign cheap & short term, sure, why not?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2011, 06:06:47 PM

Dowell is a more serviceable 4th liner than Stalberg is, and it ain't like he's going to play anywhere else.

Only viewed through your Stalberg-hating glasses.  Stals is limited yes, but he at least possesses plus speed.  Dowell is most comparable to Colin Fraser, in that both are professional hockey players because for some reason people keep letting them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2011, 06:20:51 PM

Only viewed through your Stalberg-hating glasses.  Stals is limited yes, but he at least possesses plus speed.  Dowell is most comparable to Colin Fraser, in that both are professional hockey players because for some reason people keep letting them.

Dowell was another guy Q didn't care for. He barely dressed near the end of the season. Why keep him around?

Fork, I think it's pretty obvious the Hawks and Campoli both want to continue this relationship. It's gonna hai.

Other than this, which is actual news, the meatheads and jersey chasers on Twitter are driving me fucking insane.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

If you're convinced Dowell's not gonna play anywhere else, why bother with a qualifying offer and the automatic raise?

Does anyone expect anything else? Are either of these guys in serious danger of being sniped by an offer sheet? Is Campoli likely to win a big arbitration pay day?

Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2011, 06:20:51 PM
Only viewed through your Stalberg-hating glasses.  Stals is limited yes, but he at least possesses plus speed.  Dowell is most comparable to Colin Fraser, in that both are professional hockey players because for some reason people keep letting them.

That.

And there are only so many Ryan Smyths to go around.

Quote from: Slaky on June 27, 2011, 06:35:23 PM
Fork, I think it's pretty obvious the Hawks and Campoli both want to continue this relationship. It's gonna hai.

And, with Campbell out the door, Campoli's ability to push the play seems all the more worth keeping around short-term.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
We discussed tonight Frolik & Stalberg each getting 1-year deals, to let them know they're playing for a payday. Also, considering the draft the Hawks just had, there's not much incentive to keep either guy beyond this season anyway.

Yeah, the no-OS on Dowell is a solid financial move - his father is pretty ill, so chances are he'll want to stay near home. Cynical? Sure. But that's life in the big leagues.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
3 years 4 years and $12MM for Tomas Kopecky.  If you ever wanted anything from Dale Tallon, now's the time to ask, because he's high or dyin' or something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Tomas-Kopecky-should-send-salary-cap-floor-a-doz?urn=nhl-wp8249

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on June 29, 2011, 01:00:48 PM
3 years 4 years and $12MM for Tomas Kopecky.

Let's not go nuts'd

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
3 years and $12MM for Tomas Kopecky.  If you ever wanted anything from Dale Tallon, now's the time to ask, because he's high or dyin' or something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Tomas-Kopecky-should-send-salary-cap-floor-a-doz?urn=nhl-wp8249

I'd like to request seventeen dollars for a push broom rebristling.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2011, 01:07:21 PM
3 years and $12MM for Tomas Kopecky.  If you ever wanted anything from Dale Tallon, now's the time to ask, because he's high or dyin' or something.

I'd like to request seventeen dollars for a push broom rebristling.

You know those guitars that are, like, double guitars?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 30, 2011, 09:14:35 AM
Steve Montador with a few hours left on the clock...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4667280/hawks-trade-for-rights-to-montador

Discuss.

Good numbers last year, decent shot-blocker.  His cap hit last season was 1.5MM, so a raise to 2MM or 2.5MM wouldn't be half bad.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 30, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4667280/hawks-trade-for-rights-to-montador

Discuss.

Good numbers last year, decent shot-blocker.  His cap hit last season was 1.5MM, so a raise to 2MM or 2.5MM wouldn't be half bad.

The best way I've seen it put is that he's a younger, healthier Sopel. Meaning he's still got a lot to learn and can be taught. Hopefully they can get him signed - I don't see how it would be an issue. Getting traded to the Hawks these days is the NHL version of hitting the jackpot.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 30, 2011, 09:34:10 AM

Discuss.

The best way I've seen it put is that he's a younger, healthier Sopel. Meaning he's still got a lot to learn and can be taught. Hopefully they can get him signed - I don't see how it would be an issue. Getting traded to the Hawks these days is the NHL version of hitting the jackpot.

Done, 4 years, $2.75MM/per. He won't replace Campbell's offense, but the Hawks are going to be a bitch to score on this year.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 30, 2011, 04:57:01 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 30, 2011, 09:34:10 AM

Discuss.

Done, 4 years, $2.75MM/per. He won't replace Campbell's offense, but the Hawks are going to be a bitch to score on this year.

Great depth guy and has potential to improve. I am very pleased.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Per Chris Kuc:

Jamal Mayers, 1 year, 550K.

Brett McLean, two-way contract.