News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,691 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 11, 2011, 10:23:35 AM
Quote from: flannj on September 11, 2011, 12:20:29 AM

Pretty entertaining 4th quarter though

My daughter had a soccer game so the flannjs didn't get to watch it in real time.
DVR'd it and and actually added a 1/2 hour extra time to the scheduled broadcast slot.
It wasn't enough and the recording quit with under two minutes left when ND was on their last touchdown drive.
So we missed that and the subsequent Michigan TD.

The amount of screaming directed at me by my daughter and Mrs. flannj for not adding more time was rather impressive.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 11, 2011, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: thehawk on September 11, 2011, 10:23:35 AM
Quote from: flannj on September 11, 2011, 12:20:29 AM

Pretty entertaining 4th quarter though

My daughter had a soccer game so the flannjs didn't get to watch it in real time.
DVR'd it and and actually added a 1/2 hour extra time to the scheduled broadcast slot.
It wasn't enough and the recording quit with under two minutes left when ND was on their last touchdown drive.
So we missed that and the subsequent Michigan TD.

The amount of screaming directed at me by my daughter and Mrs. flannj for not adding more time was rather impressive.

Even more impressed that your wife and daughter are college football fans. 
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
First 2-0 start for Illinois in 6 years. Not that they're necessarily any good, but it's nice that the dipshits in the athletic department finally figured out that they needed to stop scheduling Missouri for the first game every year.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 11, 2011, 03:38:16 PM
First 2-0 start for Illinois in 6 years. Not that they're necessarily any good, but it's nice that the dipshits in the athletic department finally figured out that they needed to stop scheduling Missouri for the first game every year.

Gerry Dinardo thinks the Illini are the best or second-best team in the Leaders division.  I'm eager to see how well they fare against Arizona State next week under the lights.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 11, 2011, 03:41:51 PM

Gerry Dinardo thinks the Illini are the best or second-best team in the Leaders division.  I'm eager to see how well they fare against Arizona State next week under the lights.

Prediction: ASU's hideous freak jerseys distract Shithouse and Co. and the Fighting Illini lose their first game of the year. :,(

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:04 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 11, 2011, 05:43:43 PM

Gerry Dinardo thinks the Illini are the best or second-best team in the Leaders division.  I'm eager to see how well they fare against Arizona State next week under the lights.

Prediction: ASU's hideous freak jerseys distract Shithouse and Co. and the Fighting Illini lose their first game of the year. :,(

The away uniforms aren't really that different from the old aways.
I don't think you can use "hideous freak" here.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 12, 2011, 04:57:04 PM

Gerry Dinardo thinks the Illini are the best or second-best team in the Leaders division.  I'm eager to see how well they fare against Arizona State next week under the lights.

I think what really does it on the black jerseys are those numbers. The fade is just hideous. Those are much better.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 12, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
Quote from: PenPho on September 12, 2011, 04:57:04 PM

I think what really does it on the black jerseys are those numbers. The fade is just hideous. Those are much better.

I think they're only planning on wearing them a couple more times, and then in the BCS Championship game.

Luckily, an expert on the adaptation of organisms to their environment, says that the all-black uniforms will have no effect as far as heat is concerned.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »

Could happen, I suppose. If anything it'll be a combination of that tall freak Osweiler and Vontaze Burfict. But I like Illinois's chances at home. If this team doesn't somehow manage to win at least 8-10 games with the ridiculously favorable schedule they have, you can [Insert BC complaint about Ron Zook Here].
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »
For your consideration.  Is the NCAA actually in trouble or will it sidestep all this too?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2011, 06:40:11 PM

Could happen, I suppose. If anything it'll be a combination of that tall freak Osweiler and Vontaze Burfict. But I like Illinois's chances at home. If this team doesn't somehow manage to win at least 8-10 games with the ridiculously favorable schedule they have, you can [Insert BC complaint about Ron Zook Here].

First 3-0 start for Illinois in 10 years. Not that they're necessarily any good, but it's nice that Jonathan Brown is a maneating sportsbeast.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »
So did Northwestern end up losing to Army? That wasn't looking real promising. There was an Ellen Page lookalike stressing about it all by herself at Sheffield's. I wanted to stand by and console her with calm football logic but it was half-past party time and the Pex had to dip.

Hope she's doing ok.

EDIT: Black Nights 21, E.P. Doppelgangs 14.

:(
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 22, 2011, 09:18:55 AM
So did Northwestern end up losing to Army? That wasn't looking real promising. There was an Ellen Page lookalike stressing about it all by herself at Sheffield's. I wanted to stand by and console her with calm football logic but it was half-past party time and the Pex had to dip.

Hope she's doing ok.

ELLEN PAGE DOPPELGANGERS HATE THE TROOPS!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 22, 2011, 09:27:56 AM

Hope she's doing ok.

Indeed. She yelled fumble every time a NW player went for a strip. She needed some help. I'm guessing she got it from somewhere.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 22, 2011, 09:30:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 22, 2011, 09:27:56 AM

Hope she's doing ok.

Indeed. She yelled fumble every time a NW player went for a strip. She needed some help. I'm guessing she got it from somewhere.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16