News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,946 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 08, 2011, 12:09:17 PM
JoePa might not make it to the Nittany Lions Bowl game. He might not make it to the Big Ten Championship game. Hell, he might not be coach Saturday when Nebraska pays its first visit to Happy Valley.

NY Times says he's out.

This is only beginning. I have a sinking feeling that there will be more dirty laundry on Paterno that has never come out. I liked him. I liked Penn State. Of course, I once liked college football.

Pretty well said. I hope Paterno doesn't have any other demons. Failing to see this through at the beginning is bad enough. I feel like this is turning into a Steig Larsson story.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 08, 2011, 01:16:46 PM
JoePa might not make it to the Nittany Lions Bowl game. He might not make it to the Big Ten Championship game. Hell, he might not be coach Saturday when Nebraska pays its first visit to Happy Valley.

NY Times says he's out.

This is only beginning. I have a sinking feeling that there will be more dirty laundry on Paterno that has never come out. I liked him. I liked Penn State. Of course, I once liked college football.

Pretty well said. I hope Paterno doesn't have any other demons. Failing to see this through at the beginning is bad enough. I feel like this is turning into a Steig Larsson story.

What more dirty laundry does he need?  I always liked Paterno, but this is his legacy now.  Unless he wants to tout the fact that in his 45 years a coach, he only had a monster on his staff for 30 of them.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 08, 2011, 01:36:35 PM

NY Times says he's out.

What more dirty laundry does he need?  I always liked Paterno, but this is his legacy now.  Unless he wants to tout the fact that in his 45 years a coach, he only had a monster on his staff for 30 of them.

I have a sinking suspicion it's more than "JoePa just didn't know about it because he was busy doing things the right way."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 08, 2011, 01:41:22 PM

NY Times says he's out.

I have a sinking suspicion it's more than "JoePa just didn't know about it because he was busy doing things the right way."

I'm just trying to figure out what sort of demons could come out that are worse than this.  I give a shit if schools pay their players or trade jerseys for tattoos.  This is...I don't even know what to say about it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2011, 04:19:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 08, 2011, 01:47:22 PM

NY Times says he's out.

I'm just trying to figure out what sort of demons could come out that are worse than this.  I give a shit if schools pay their players or trade jerseys for tattoos.  This is...I don't even know what to say about it.

No, there's nothing worse than this. I had heard some people wonder what else Penn State is hiding but it doesn't matter anymore. Like you said, tattoos for cash or cars or whatever pale in comparison to this. I mean, I guess if Paterno was somehow also doing kids, that'd be worse. But I'm not sure that's physically possible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 08, 2011, 04:19:15 PM
I mean, I guess if Paterno was somehow also doing kids, that'd be worse. But I'm not sure that's physically possible.

That would just mean they'd have been hiding it that much longer.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2011, 04:26:53 PM
I mean, I guess if Paterno was somehow also doing kids, that'd be worse. But I'm not sure that's physically possible.

That would just mean they'd have been hiding it that much longer.

He retired from doing kids in the late 80s man.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Sandusky wrote an autobiography in '01 that was titled "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story." 
M'lady.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 08, 2011, 01:47:22 PM

NY Times says he's out.

No, there's nothing worse than this. I had heard some people wonder what else Penn State is hiding but it doesn't matter anymore. Like you said, tattoos for cash or cars or whatever pale in comparison to this. I mean, I guess if Paterno was somehow also doing kids, that'd be worse. But I'm not sure that's physically possible.

This is worse than anyone could ever imagine about the dirtiest college program. I guess I'm a little horrified about what is out there we don't yet know but will find out about.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2011, 08:30:26 PM »
I thought the Dave Bliss "Make up stuff about a player who was MURDERED by another player so I won't get in trouble" situation would be the worst college athletic scandal of my lifetime.

Um, I was wrong.

If Penn State's leadership is simply unwilling to force Paterno out, I think Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany should suspend him indefinitely. I honestly can't believe that the conference would allow this to fester until Saturday's game.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »
I made the horrible mistake of reading about this tonight, and I feel physically ill.  We'll never rid the world of deviants, but the idea that these people could sit around and bloodlessly figure out the very least they could do is inconceivable.  A grown man WITNESSED the anal rape of a ten year old, knows the child saw him, and instead of screaming, calling 911, doing ANYTHING, he goes home and asks his dad what to do?  And then the next day, they call the coach?  And he calls his boss?  It is literally difficult to believe.  More people need to be arrested.  I know nothing about college football or how great this coach is, but I don't care what he accomplished or how old he is, he needs to pay.  There is no way to make that right.

That witness ended up with a full-time coaching job, too. Coincidence, I'm sure.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
I haven't heard too many good jokes come out of this yet.  Por que? Ped State's all I've heard.  Something something about Paterno applying at Stanford because his ability to stick his head in the sand and protect pedos would make him a great Cardinal something something...anything?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2011, 08:27:03 AM »
Today's reports are that the president will be kicked to teh curb, but paterno will keep his job. Thank God they are protecting a man with such integrity.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:49 AM »
Quote from: BC on November 08, 2011, 08:30:26 PM
I thought the Dave Bliss "Make up stuff about a player who was MURDERED by another player so I won't get in trouble" situation would be the worst college athletic scandal of my lifetime.

Um, I was wrong.

If Penn State's leadership is simply unwilling to force Paterno out, I think Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany should suspend him indefinitely. I honestly can't believe that the conference would allow this to fester until Saturday's game.

This goes beyond the Big 10.  I don't think Jim Delaney has the authority to address this beast.  This monster had been on his staff from back in the days when PSU was an Independent.  The old fuck just needs to realize there is absolutely no face to save--especially if he continues as Head Coach-- and step the fuck down.  It's the least he can do for allowing this shit to persist.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 09, 2011, 08:27:03 AM
Today's reports are that the president will be kicked to teh curb, but paterno will keep his job. Thank God they are protecting a man with such integrity.

I say the heat wil get too intense and Mr. MaGoo'll step down no later than tomorrow.