News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,955 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2011, 08:31:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 09, 2011, 08:27:03 AM
Today's reports are that the president will be kicked to teh curb, but paterno will keep his job. Thank God they are protecting a man with such integrity.

I'm pretty sure he's met the minimum required number of bowl wins to excuse pedophilia.

"We love Michael Jackson so much we let the first kid slide." - Chris Rock
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2011, 08:31:45 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 08:25:34 AM
I haven't heard too many good jokes come out of this yet.  Por que? Ped State's all I've heard.

Fork and Chuck have been too busy working variations of "'9-9-9 sounds like 'nein, nein, nein'" jokes about Herman Cain.

Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 08:25:34 AMSomething something about Paterno applying at Stanford because his ability to stick his head in the sand and protect pedos would make him a great Cardinal something something...anything?

No, Huey.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:47 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2011, 08:31:45 AM
I haven't heard too many good jokes come out of this yet.  Por que? Ped State's all I've heard.

Fork and Chuck have been too busy working variations of "'9-9-9 sounds like 'nein, nein, nein'" jokes about Herman Cain.

Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 08:25:34 AMSomething something about Paterno applying at Stanford because his ability to stick his head in the sand and protect pedos would make him a great Cardinal something something...anything?

No, Huey.

In JoPa's defense, Jerry Sandusky was hired to work with the tight ends?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 08:34:47 AM

No, Huey.

In JoPa's defense, Jerry Sandusky was hired to work with the tight ends?

Much better.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 08:28:49 AM
Quote from: BC on November 08, 2011, 08:30:26 PM
I thought the Dave Bliss "Make up stuff about a player who was MURDERED by another player so I won't get in trouble" situation would be the worst college athletic scandal of my lifetime.

Um, I was wrong.

If Penn State's leadership is simply unwilling to force Paterno out, I think Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany should suspend him indefinitely. I honestly can't believe that the conference would allow this to fester until Saturday's game.

This goes beyond the Big 10.  I don't think Jim Delaney has the authority to address this beast.  This monster had been on his staff from back in the days when PSU was an Independent.  The old fuck just needs to realize there is absolutely no face to save--especially if he continues as Head Coach-- and step the fuck down.  It's the least he can do for allowing this shit to persist.

if you saw any of the footage of the "protests" or whatever the hell the drunken college kids did at Paterno's house last night, it certainly looked like Paterno is ready to dig in. He feeds off that undying, loyalist fervor that the campus has whenever anyone so much as hints that he might need to step down for what he didn't do. The smile on his face as he lead the crowd in football cheers was pretty sickening, to be honest.

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME. Kids were raped by a sex criminal that was allowed to hang out WITH KIDS on campus for YEARS after this shit was known by Joe Paterno and probably every single other person that had any ties to the football program. If a coach is seen fucking a kid, rumors are going to spread quickly. The real surprise is that this is coming out now and not a long time ago.

It's clear Joe Paterno has no interest in the kids that were hurt by the man he allowed to be around the program for many years after it was revealed that he's a sick fuck. He only cares about extending his legacy as the oldest, football coach in the history of Earth. He wants to focus on Nebraska and wins and losses and practice their chants. Hey everyone, wear white to the game this weekend! It's a big one!

Penn State should be evacuated and then nuked from space. Start over. Goodbye.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »

Cain probably owes Paterno a steak dinner for taking over Page 1.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 08:36:07 AM
I thought the Dave Bliss "Make up stuff about a player who was MURDERED by another player so I won't get in trouble" situation would be the worst college athletic scandal of my lifetime.

Um, I was wrong.

If Penn State's leadership is simply unwilling to force Paterno out, I think Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany should suspend him indefinitely. I honestly can't believe that the conference would allow this to fester until Saturday's game.

This goes beyond the Big 10.  I don't think Jim Delaney has the authority to address this beast.  This monster had been on his staff from back in the days when PSU was an Independent.  The old fuck just needs to realize there is absolutely no face to save--especially if he continues as Head Coach-- and step the fuck down.  It's the least he can do for allowing this shit to persist.

if you saw any of the footage of the "protests" or whatever the hell the drunken college kids did at Paterno's house last night, it certainly looked like Paterno is ready to dig in. He feeds off that undying, loyalist fervor that the campus has whenever anyone so much as hints that he might need to step down for what he didn't do. The smile on his face as he lead the crowd in football cheers was pretty sickening, to be honest.

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME. Kids were raped by a sex criminal that was allowed to hang out WITH KIDS on campus for YEARS after this shit was known by Joe Paterno and probably every single other person that had any ties to the football program. If a coach is seen fucking a kid, rumors are going to spread quickly. The real surprise is that this is coming out now and not a long time ago.

It's clear Joe Paterno has no interest in the kids that were hurt by the man he allowed to be around the program for many years after it was revealed that he's a sick fuck. He only cares about extending his legacy as the oldest, football coach in the history of Earth. He wants to focus on Nebraska and wins and losses and practice their chants. Hey everyone, wear white to the game this weekend! It's a big one!

How could you say that? JoePa totally feels bad for them.

Quote"It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 09, 2011, 08:42:54 AM

Um, I was wrong.

Quote"It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right."

That's even worse. What a delusional piece of shit. Maybe he'll drop dead before the board of limpdicked trustees has a chance to fire him.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 08:44:43 AM

Um, I was wrong.

That's even worse. What a delusional piece of shit. Maybe he'll drop dead before the board of limpdicked trustees has a chance to fire him.

Tough life? I can't believe he actually said that. Weren't most of the kids part of the charity that helps kids who already had messed up lives?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 09, 2011, 08:48:29 AM

Um, I was wrong.

Tough life? I can't believe he actually said that. Weren't most of the kids part of the charity that helps kids who already had messed up lives?

Tough life, when a guy I hired rapes a bunch of vulnerable, broken-home kids in my locker room showers. Real tough break there. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there. You can't have your head down. Gotta power through.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »

Um, I was wrong.

How is "Everything's great, all right." not far and away the worst part of that quote?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 08:51:16 AM

Um, I was wrong.

Tough life, when a guy I hired rapes a bunch of vulnerable, broken-home kids in my locker room showers. Real tough break there. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there. You can't have your head down. Gotta power through.

Your work today is outstanding.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »

That's a good point. CT mentioned it earlier about not giving a crap about tattoos for cash or alleged did Deon Thomas get a Chevy Blazer or not or did Kelvin Sampson make 3-way phone calls with recruits. Or SMU sending envelopes of cash to players. Sure, that's cheating.

But what sanctions will the NCAA have for Penn State's football team? Anything short of the death penalty (and then maybe mandating Matt Millen run the program for the next 10 years, Detroit Lions-style) shows how shallow the NCAA is.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »

"It has become clear now that certain things were at some point done to someone or someones by someone or someones. And, when something something happens to someones' whatzits, we certainly all owe those someones every bit of our whatever. Rest assured that I will do the right thing, which is to say: maybe. Maybe."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 09:12:18 AM

That's a good point. CT mentioned it earlier about not giving a crap about tattoos for cash or alleged did Deon Thomas get a Chevy Blazer or not or did Kelvin Sampson make 3-way phone calls with recruits. Or SMU sending envelopes of cash to players. Sure, that's cheating.

But what sanctions will the NCAA have for Penn State's football team? Anything short of the death penalty (and then maybe mandating Matt Millen run the program for the next 10 years, Detroit Lions-style) shows how shallow the NCAA is.

All of those schools you mentioned had suspensions and firings and everything you could imagine. This? Joe gets to retire at the end of the year. Has the NCAA even issued a statement on this? Why haven't they stepped in? Unlike selling things to get money for tattoos this is an ACTUAL CRIME.