News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,826 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
I read part of it. I'm not reading the entire thing. It's too disturbing. Sorry for any jokes I made before reading it. This shit is hellishly sick. I hate Paterno.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2011, 04:55:06 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 09, 2011, 04:49:05 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/TomVH/status/134323905572765696

That might still be the case when all is said and done.

I mean, the NCAA doesn't really have any explicit rules against programs covering up child rape occurring in their showers does it?

Considering the NCAA's track record with big programs, I feel better that real police and prosecutors are handling this.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
Jesus Christ.

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/09/2980355/sandusky-distraught-over-paterno.html#ixzz1dFkuLECX

Much as I want there to be a trial so all these shitheels are exposed, I almost wish somebody would just Jack Ruby this asshole.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
Regarding the NCAA, it would be a first for that organization to suspend a college football coach without a rules violation. Since it usually takes the NCAA at least a few months to investigate and then punish, there's really nothing the NCAA can do unless it establishes a new precedent.

So, that leaves the situation in the hands of either the Penn State Board of Trustees or Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany. The BOT seems unwilling to fire Paterno, so that leaves Delany. This situation has been harmful to the conference and only will continue to get worse. I think Delany's best course of action is to contact the BOT and say "Either fire Paterno, or he's suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the conference"... If the BOT doesn't do anything by the end of the day tomorrow, announce the suspension and then someone finally will show some leadership in this mess.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 09, 2011, 07:22:16 PM
Regarding the NCAA, it would be a first for that organization to suspend a college football coach without a rules violation. Since it usually takes the NCAA at least a few months to investigate and then punish, there's really nothing the NCAA can do unless it establishes a new precedent.

So, that leaves the situation in the hands of either the Penn State Board of Trustees or Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany. The BOT seems unwilling to fire Paterno, so that leaves Delany. This situation has been harmful to the conference and only will continue to get worse. I think Delany's best course of action is to contact the BOT and say "Either fire Paterno, or he's suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the conference"... If the BOT doesn't do anything by the end of the day tomorrow, announce the suspension and then someone finally will show some leadership in this mess.
Delany should order the game moved to Lincoln. Penn State can show up or not. Deny Paterno bis last ovation.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 09, 2011, 06:35:10 PM
Jesus Christ.

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/09/2980355/sandusky-distraught-over-paterno.html#ixzz1dFkuLECX

Much as I want there to be a trial so all these shitheels are exposed, I almost wish somebody would just Jack Ruby this asshole.

I'm distraught by middle-aged men putting their parts into little boys.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
Looks like the Penn State BOT has fired Paterno. I don't know why it took this long, but at least the obvious decision has now been made.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 09, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: BC on November 09, 2011, 09:18:50 PM
Looks like the Penn State BOT has fired Paterno. I don't know why it took this long, but at least the obvious decision has now been made.

Yep.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/joe-paterno-fired-penn-state-football-coach-president-graham-spanier-child-sex-abuse-scandal-board-of-trustees-meeting-110911

It's a start. McQueary still there. Bradley must have known. The people asking these questions are fucking assholes and should be ashamed.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2011, 09:41:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 09:31:34 PM
It's a start. McQueary still there. Bradley must have known. The people asking these questions are fucking assholes and should be ashamed.

That's what I don't get, and the question near the end about why Curley and McQueary are still employed WAS appropriate (Some of the others, um, not at all). If you are going to clean house, then clean house. Don't just push two hairballs (Admittedly big ones) into the trash can while the rest of the room stays dirty.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 09, 2011, 09:41:17 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 09:31:34 PM

That's what I don't get, and the question near the end about why Curley and McQueary are still employed WAS appropriate (Some of the others, um, not at all). If you are going to clean house, then clean house. Don't just push two hairballs (Admittedly big ones) into the trash can while the rest of the room stays dirty.

You fire the big dogs first and clean up the rest later.

Curley's going to prison so he'll get his. As for McQueary, the whole staff will be gone at the end of the year and this probably effectively ends his coaching career.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »
It should be a lovely atmosphere in Happy Valley Saturday. I hope Nebraska scores 70 on them.

For the children.

Again, they should move the game to Lincoln. Nebraskans would fill the stadium up. The proceeds could go to some anti-child abuse charity. Penn State can figure out their travel arrangements on their own. No way should Beaver Stadium host a joyful football game.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 09:56:09 PM
It should be a lovely atmosphere in Happy Valley Saturday. I hope Nebraska scores 70 on them.

For the children.

Again, they should move the game to Lincoln. Nebraskans would fill the stadium up. The proceeds could go to some anti-child abuse charity. Penn State can figure out their travel arrangements on their own. No way should Beaver Stadium host a joyful football game.

I do feel a little bad for any Penn State player who had absolutely nothing to do with this, but yeah, go Nebraska.

As for the grand jury report, I simply do not understand how McQueary didn't remove that poor child from that situation immediately.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 09, 2011, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 09:56:09 PM

For the children.

I do feel a little bad for any Penn State player who had absolutely nothing to do with this, but yeah, go Nebraska.

As for the grand jury report, I simply do not understand how McQueary didn't remove that poor child from that situation immediately.

If I'm a Penn State player, I'm looking to transfer anywhere, and I probably don't give a shit about the rest of the season.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:26 PM »
DPD.  Some reports coming out that Penn State students are rioting on campus after Paterno's firing.  Slaky's Plan is sounding better and better as time goes on.