News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,912 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 10, 2011, 11:02:24 AM

I fear it's too late to find out how deep this goes. If he was truly handing the more willing kids over to rich donors I hope the law finds out each and every one of their names and puts them in a hole in the ground.

There's a black hole and some operatives at Guantanamo or elsewhere overseas that could waterboard this son of a bitch just like they did to Kalikh Sheik al Mohammed. 

I'm pretty sure you'd find out everything he ever knew.  And I'm pretty sure that there isn't a CIA operative or Marine who wouldn't hesitate to do the same to a child molester as they do to terrorists.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »
What was the name of Jerry Sandusky's autobiography, which was released in 2001?

"Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"

No, I'm not making that up.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 10, 2011, 07:23:57 PM
What was the name of Jerry Sandusky's autobiography, which was released in 2001?

First I'm hearing of this. Have you guys heard his book was called Touched??
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/product-reviews/1582613575/
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
I'm scanning through the Amazon preview. The forward and introduction alone are full of so much depressing irony it's stopped being even remotely funny.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2011, 01:05:08 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 10, 2011, 08:12:36 PM
I'm scanning through the Amazon preview. The forward and introduction alone are full of so much depressing irony it's stopped being even remotely funny.

I feel bad for Dick Vermeil. It can't feel good to have been duped into writing that.  Hopefully his daughter was safe growing up because she was a girl.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2011, 04:47:18 AM »

Holy shit.  You should be a detective.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 10, 2011, 08:12:36 PM

The reviews, however...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2011, 03:44:34 PM
I saw that and also saw, while reading the Grand Jury Report, that when shit was getting real that one of the victims was being phoned by among others, Sandusky himself as well as Sandusky's wife, which got me to wondering where does she fit into all this?  If she's calling on behalf of her repressed, child-boogering husband to stifle testimony, not only might that be considered tampering but might also imply that she knew what her husband was up to, which makes my mind bleed with near-explosive ruptures.  I suppose it's possible that Mrs. Sandusky's head was so far up her own ass that she felt her husband was being unfairly railroaded but--and while I won't try to underestimate the power of denial-- considering that this behavior very likely went on for decades, I'm really wondering how she didn't have an idea as to what was going on.  And if she did, fuck her too.

It really will be interesting to at least hear her side.  And I got into a discussion about the adopted an foster children with someone.  Their argument was that those kids should be left alone at all costs.  To me, I think this could be the break they have been waiting for IF Sandusky also abused them.

But beyond Sandusky, who would probably be better off painting his own face with buckshot, this really is fucked up that Paterno and the leadership at Penn State let Sandusky hang around for so damn long, have an office on campus, and continue to frequent the campus and was granted emritus status upon retirement.  Why is Sandusky so important that all those people would seemingly portect him?  That has to fall on Paterno, using "I did all I could according to the law" as a crutch.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2011, 08:26:23 AM »
So everyone is supposed to wear blue to the game to support child abuse victims (which will be more support than they've ever received from Penn State football  in 40 years) and the school is endorsing that. Well on the Score they said the coaches are telling parents to wear white as a sign of support for Paterno. The source was TMZ so let's see how this plays out but if it's true? Holy shit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 11, 2011, 08:10:11 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2011, 03:44:34 PM
I saw that and also saw, while reading the Grand Jury Report, that when shit was getting real that one of the victims was being phoned by among others, Sandusky himself as well as Sandusky's wife, which got me to wondering where does she fit into all this?  If she's calling on behalf of her repressed, child-boogering husband to stifle testimony, not only might that be considered tampering but might also imply that she knew what her husband was up to, which makes my mind bleed with near-explosive ruptures.  I suppose it's possible that Mrs. Sandusky's head was so far up her own ass that she felt her husband was being unfairly railroaded but--and while I won't try to underestimate the power of denial-- considering that this behavior very likely went on for decades, I'm really wondering how she didn't have an idea as to what was going on.  And if she did, fuck her too.

It really will be interesting to at least hear her side.  And I got into a discussion about the adopted an foster children with someone.  Their argument was that those kids should be left alone at all costs.  To me, I think this could be the break they have been waiting for IF Sandusky also abused them.

But beyond Sandusky, who would probably be better off painting his own face with buckshot, this really is fucked up that Paterno and the leadership at Penn State let Sandusky hang around for so damn long, have an office on campus, and continue to frequent the campus and was granted emritus status upon retirement.  Why is Sandusky so important that all those people would seemingly portect him?  That has to fall on Paterno, using "I did all I could according to the law" as a crutch.

This is another reason why I wonder what else is in Paterno's closet. Put a simple way, how many times have we muttered: "What kind of photos of Dick Jauron does John Shoop/Greg Blache  have in his desk drawer?"  Bad playcalling and loyalty to people like Blache and Shoop (who are said to be good people, if flawed coordinators) is one thing. But was there a bit of blackmail involved?

Ron Felling was an assistant coach for the IU basketball team in the 1980s and 1990s. He actually was a head coaching legend at Lawrenceville, Ill. HS, where he won a ton of Class A titles somewhere in BC/Yeti Land. He got fired in the mid 80s for getting drunk at a team banquet and mooning the attendees.  Anyway, Knight hired him, and they got along fine until 1999, when Felling called Dan Dakich and complained about Knight to Dakich. Knight overheard the conversation, the two got into it and Knight fired him on the spot and they got into a physical altercation, for which Felling sued (and Knight settled for $25K).

Anyway, a few months later, CNN ran the "Bob Knight is the devil OMG he loses his temper and did you know he punched a cop in 1979? Look at him get rough with 20-year-olds who could kill him with their bare hands if they chose to" story, which included the tape from practice in which he struck/choked/murdered Neil Reed.

Who was the source of the tape? Ron Felling.

Felling saved the tape for 2 years, waiting for an opportunity to use it.

Now, leaving feelings about Knight out of it (but say this: his explosive, violent temper was not news to anyone who liked him or hated him), it's apparent that Felling had something on Knight. When I was at IU, Felling was notorious for going to Nick's and unsuccessfully hitting on 21-year-old women. He was a bit of a creep, and I wouldn't doubt he crossed the line a few times, especially as he got drinky. I wonder  how his conversations with Knight went, and if this "Trump Card" issue was raised.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2011, 09:05:06 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 11, 2011, 08:26:23 AM
So everyone is supposed to wear blue to the game to support child abuse victims (which will be more support than they've ever received from Penn State football  in 40 years) and the school is endorsing that. Well on the Score they said the coaches are telling parents to wear white as a sign of support for Paterno. The source was TMZ so let's see how this plays out but if it's true? Holy shit.

So everyone at a Penn State game will be wearing blue and/or white? Won't they just be wearing all their usual shit?
TIME TO POST!