News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,924 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 11, 2011, 03:36:13 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 11, 2011, 03:04:22 PM
Another thing that's peculiar about Sandusky and Paterno is this--looking at the timeline of events (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16049259/key-dates-in-penn-state-sex-abuse-case), the infamous 1998 fiasco that ended up in pretty much nothing is closely followed by Sandusky's retirement in 1999.  In that season, and at the time of his decision, I think I remember reading or hearing that PSU was 9-0 or had just lost a pivotal game.

Shortly afterward, Paterno informed Sandusky that Sandusky would not be in line to serve as Paterno's successor at PSU.  Yada yada, Sandusky retires but is granted emeritus status at the university (I won't tell if you don't!).  The scuttlebut was that Sandusky, 55 at the time, was at the prime of his career and was sought after by several other schools for their head coaching jobs.    So he can't have the PSU job and retires?  At 55?  In his prime?  Instead, this reeks of Paterno protecting Sandusky by sheltering him under the PSU umbrella.

The dot connecting...it's fun.

Sandusky was told he wouldn't be the next coach at Penn State in the spring of 1999, and shortly thereafter announced his retirement at the end of the 1999 season. That Penn State team was a legit national championship contender, starting 9-0 and then losing to Minnesota, Ohio State and Michigan State to end the season before pitching a shutout in San Antonio.

Here's what's interesting: Sandusky had an opportunity: at UVA. He actually had his coordinators picked out and everything when either talks collapsed a la McCaskey-McGinnis 1999, or someone called UVA and told them why Sandusky might not be such an inspired choice.

THIS part feels true.  
Paterno? Someone else from PSU?

We'll likely never know, but invariably someone who knew enough to know Sandusky shouldn't be coaching, but also thought it was fine to give him more time to rape children.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 11, 2011, 03:48:39 PM
Another thing that's peculiar about Sandusky and Paterno is this--looking at the timeline of events (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16049259/key-dates-in-penn-state-sex-abuse-case), the infamous 1998 fiasco that ended up in pretty much nothing is closely followed by Sandusky's retirement in 1999.  In that season, and at the time of his decision, I think I remember reading or hearing that PSU was 9-0 or had just lost a pivotal game.

Shortly afterward, Paterno informed Sandusky that Sandusky would not be in line to serve as Paterno's successor at PSU.  Yada yada, Sandusky retires but is granted emeritus status at the university (I won't tell if you don't!).  The scuttlebut was that Sandusky, 55 at the time, was at the prime of his career and was sought after by several other schools for their head coaching jobs.    So he can't have the PSU job and retires?  At 55?  In his prime?  Instead, this reeks of Paterno protecting Sandusky by sheltering him under the PSU umbrella.

Sandusky was told he wouldn't be the next coach at Penn State in the spring of 1999, and shortly thereafter announced his retirement at the end of the 1999 season. That Penn State team was a legit national championship contender, starting 9-0 and then losing to Minnesota, Ohio State and Michigan State to end the season before pitching a shutout in San Antonio.

Here's what's interesting: Sandusky had an opportunity: at UVA. He actually had his coordinators picked out and everything when either talks collapsed a la McCaskey-McGinnis 1999, or someone called UVA and told them why Sandusky might not be such an inspired choice.

THIS part feels true.  

We'll likely never know, but invariably someone who knew enough to know Sandusky shouldn't be coaching, but also thought it was fine to give him more time to rape children.

It's like they just assumed if they asked him to stop raping kids he probably would.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2011, 03:57:33 PM

THIS part feels true.  

It's like they just assumed if they asked him to stop raping kids he probably would.

Well, they didn't ask him to stop raping kids.  They just asked him to stop raping kids in their facilities.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 11, 2011, 04:05:19 PM

THIS part feels true.  

Well, they didn't ask him to stop raping kids.  They just asked him to stop raping kids in their facilities.

And it totally worked.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »

THIS part feels true.  

In fact, why don't you take this office and this parking space here to not rape kids in?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »

Then there's the timing of the 2002 incident.

A couple years later, in 2004, Paterno would find himself given the full-court press towards retirement. (The NYT says he was visited at his home on two separate occasions by members of the Board of Trustees, plus Graham Spanier and, notably, Tim Curley.)

Is it totally outside the realm of possibility that at the beginning of 2002, on the heels of back-to-back losing seasons (5-7 and 5-6, only the second and third losing seasons in his tenure and the first since 1988), Paterno was already feeling some heat from the powers that be, who he might have feared could be looking for any pretext to show his 75-year-old ass the door?

And that perhaps the incident that McQueary witnessed in the Penn State showers in March of that year might have thus come as some rather ill-timed news?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
So when does Sandusky just come out and say that his dad raped him like 14,000 times?  The only way he doesn't wind up as a peg boy for the last 20 years of his life is if he claims that he was massively abused as a child, no?  Probably wouldn't even work but, besides suicide,  there's nothing that this guy can do to avoid the fate that most certainly--and justifiably--awaits him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 11, 2011, 04:09:39 PM

THIS part feels true.  

In fact, why don't you take this office and this parking space here to not rape kids in?

I'm laughing out loud, but this whole point remains the undeniable example of why Paterno gets no quarter in this affair.  It's one thing to supprress this case--that's bad enough.  But Paterno in effect helped foster future abuse by setting him up the way he did.  Is it too much of a stretch to put culpability on this 4-eyed fuck for every subsequent assault that may have occurred after 2002 (or, really, 1998)?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2011, 05:37:42 PM
So when does Sandusky just come out and say that his dad raped him like 14,000 times?  The only way he doesn't wind up as a peg boy for the last 20 years of his life is if he claims that he was massively abused as a child, no?  Probably wouldn't even work but, besides suicide,  there's nothing that this guy can do to avoid the fate that most certainly--and justifiably--awaits him.

I think suicide is in the cards for this guy. I really do.

Unfortunately this is no longer used, damn you Constitution!

QuoteThe intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within a face-to-face pair of narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks), with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not kill him. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 11, 2011, 03:41:11 PM
http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/penn-st-nittany-lions/2011/11/11/2555042/jerry-sandusky-recruit-penn-state-scandal

Sandusky was visiting recruits as recently as this year.

I don't want this to be glossed over.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/29738465/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The guy was still visiting high school kids, apparently in an official capacity for Penn State THIS YEAR.

What's the justification?  That they're out of his age range?  THEY BANNED THE MAN FROM CAMPUS FOR MISCONDUCT BUT STILL SENT HIM ON RECRUITING TRIPS?!?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2011, 06:31:34 PM
http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/penn-st-nittany-lions/2011/11/11/2555042/jerry-sandusky-recruit-penn-state-scandal

http://www.wyff4.com/news/29738465/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The guy was still visiting high school kids, apparently in an official capacity for Penn State THIS YEAR.

What's the justification?  That they're out of his age range?  THEY BANNED THE MAN FROM CAMPUS FOR MISCONDUCT BUT STILL SENT HIM ON RECRUITING TRIPS?!?

This might be enough of a football connection for the NCAA to drop the bomb on the program.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2011, 05:43:41 PM

DPD. Wasn't there a section of the grand jury report where he said he wished he was dead after someone confronted him? Or am I imagining that? It was hard to read because I bleached my eyes after the first few pages.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2011, 06:58:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 11, 2011, 05:43:41 PM

DPD. Wasn't there a section of the grand jury report where he said he wished he was dead after someone confronted him? Or am I imagining that? It was hard to read because I bleached my eyes after the first few pages.

IIRC, I think that was from the apologies he made over the phone with the mom of the kid he naked boner bearhugged in the shower in the 1998 incident.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2011, 06:31:34 PM

Let's not rush ton judgement here.

Maybe the recruiting coordinator didn't know about Sandusky's issues.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.