News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck This Cardinals Sleeper Agent: The Long Awaited Jason Motte Firebarn  ( 3,209 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck This Cardinals Sleeper Agent: The Long Awaited Jason Motte Firebarn
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:36 AM »
I'm gonna use this thread to curse Tommy Hunter, too, since he's just a younger and somehow shittier Motte.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 26, 2015, 12:08:36 AM
I'm gonna use this thread to curse Tommy Hunter, too, since he's just a younger and somehow shittier Motte.

Between him and Haren, the trade deadline wasn't great for the Cubs. And it hasn't even mattered.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 10:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 26, 2015, 10:00:42 AM

Between him and Haren, the trade deadline wasn't great for the Cubs. And it hasn't even mattered.

Indeed. The nice thing about having a crappy fifth starter and some crappy middle relief is that basically everyone else has a crappy fifth starter and crappy middle relief.

I also enjoy that Joe lined it up so Haren would be a sacrificial lamb to Chris Sale and Bumgarner. Win the games where Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester give you a decided advantage, and then you're basically playing with house money when Haren starts. If by some miracle you catch the other team on a bad offensive day and win 1-0, cool, if not you've hopefully already taken the series behind your good pitchers.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 26, 2015, 10:03:58 AM

Indeed. The nice thing about having a crappy fifth starter and some crappy middle relief is that basically everyone else has a crappy fifth starter and crappy middle relief.

I also enjoy that Joe lined it up so Haren would be a sacrificial lamb to Chris Sale and Bumgarner. Win the games where Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester give you a decided advantage, and then you're basically playing with house money when Haren starts. If by some miracle you catch the other team on a bad offensive day and win 1-0, cool, if not you've hopefully already taken the series behind your good pitchers.

At this point you're hoping for Grimm, Strop, and Rondon to be the only relievers you see in a game that matters - if relievers are needed at all. Assuming that if the Cubs get into an actual playoff series we'll see at least one or both of Hammel and Hendricks and that's terrifying. Hope the bats stay hot as it gets colder out.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 26, 2015, 12:18:39 PM

At this point you're hoping for Grimm, Strop, and Rondon to be the only relievers you see in a game that matters - if relievers are needed at all. Assuming that if the Cubs get into an actual playoff series we'll see at least one or both of Hammel and Hendricks and that's terrifying. Hope the bats stay hot as it gets colder out.

You think Haren stays in the rotation over Hammel?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 26, 2015, 12:39:02 PM

No I think he's implying the Cubs do Arrieta/Lester/whoever is the hot hand between Hammel and Hendricks/off days/Arrieta or Lester on short rest.

I'm guessing Dan Haren doesn't sniff the playoff roster.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 26, 2015, 12:44:40 PM

No I think he's implying the Cubs do Arrieta/Lester/whoever is the hot hand between Hammel and Hendricks/off days/Arrieta or Lester on short rest.

Yeah Haren would have to show remarkable improvement to pitch in a postseason game.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 26, 2015, 12:47:14 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 26, 2015, 12:44:40 PM

Yeah Haren would have to show remarkable improvement to pitch in a postseason game.

Either that or the Cubs move their games to the Grand Canyon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16