News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 17: Chicago Bears vs eh who gives a shit  ( 2,510 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 17: Chicago Bears vs eh who gives a shit
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 03, 2012, 02:07:30 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2012, 01:59:43 PM
Actually, provided that the new GM isn't some lackey like Ruskell, this is the best possible scenario. If the team is trying to win now (which it should be, given their QB and star RB are both in their prime), they can't fire Lovie and blow up a defense that's completely geared toward playing one style of defense, but they also need someone to take over personnel control and actually decide that an investment on the offensive side of the ball makes more sense than devoting all of their attention to the defense and hoping Cutler and Forte can piece together an offense of spare parts. If this keeps Lovie from making personnel decisions regarding his favorites or whatever, great. Now hire someone from New Orleans, Green Bay, or Houston to run that offense and get a god damn wide receiver.

Or this.

"Interesting to note Jerry Angelo wanted to address the offense in the offseason while Lovie Smith wanted to rebuild defense. JD " @ESPNChiBears

Well, shit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2012, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: BH on January 03, 2012, 02:07:30 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2012, 01:59:43 PM
Actually, provided that the new GM isn't some lackey like Ruskell, this is the best possible scenario. If the team is trying to win now (which it should be, given their QB and star RB are both in their prime), they can't fire Lovie and blow up a defense that's completely geared toward playing one style of defense, but they also need someone to take over personnel control and actually decide that an investment on the offensive side of the ball makes more sense than devoting all of their attention to the defense and hoping Cutler and Forte can piece together an offense of spare parts. If this keeps Lovie from making personnel decisions regarding his favorites or whatever, great. Now hire someone from New Orleans, Green Bay, or Houston to run that offense and get a god damn wide receiver.

Or this.

"Interesting to note Jerry Angelo wanted to address the offense in the offseason while Lovie Smith wanted to rebuild defense. JD " @ESPNChiBears

Well, shit.

Although I'm guessing this isn't a move to give Lovie more personnel control. He might even wind up with less. I'm guessing the main reason he stayed is that he's owed more money? And because it's easier to blame a GM than a coach for injuries.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
Lovie to be coach/GM