News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jock Jones now a Cub  ( 16,616 )

Oliver Clothesoff

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Jock Jones now a Cub
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 03:50:51 PM »
I can't believe we signed this guy to a three year deal. Did we really have to outbid the Royals for crying out loud ? Wouldn't most rather play in Chicago ? What about Pie ? Where does he fit in next year ?

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »
Quote from: Oliver Clothesoff on December 22, 2005, 03:50:51 PM
What about Pie ? Where does he fit in next year ?

IF DFB's still gnawing on the toothpick in '07, then this

is where Pie will fit in.

As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »
Bump.

Because the Twins are bringing him back to Spring Training.  To mow the grass, I assume.

http://bit.ly/aX1c9M

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 09, 2010, 04:04:36 PM
Bump.

Because the Twins are bringing him back to Spring Training.  To mow the grass, I assume.

What's most surprising in this thread is that MikeD didn't love Hendry's signing of Jock to the Cubs.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 09, 2010, 04:10:51 PM
Bump.

What's most surprising in this thread is that MikeD didn't love Hendry's signing of Jock to the Cubs.

Murton-Pierre-Jones, left-to-right in 2006--BOOK IT!
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »
Bump.

Racist

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2017, 11:34:43 PM »
Washington Post:

QuoteShortly before the National League Division Series began Friday night, the Washington Nationals announced assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones has been suspended with pay. The suspension is indefinite, pending a team investigation into a legal matter. The team would say no more about the matter, which marks its first off-field trouble of the 2017 season — at the worst possible moment.

"That was kind of a downer before the game because you know, he's a big part of the team," Dusty Baker said after Friday's loss to the Cubs. "I don't know if that had anything to do with [the loss], but it was a bit of a downer, and we hope that things subside and work themselves out."

A search of court records revealed a civil case filed Sept. 28 in which an unnamed plaintiff filed suit against Jones and the Washington Nationals in California Superior Court, San Diego County. That plaintiff, known in the case filings as Jane Doe, alleges Jones "had photos of Plaintiff's naked breasts," "promised her that the photos would be kept between them," and that "after their relationship ended, Jones intentionally distributed the photos without Plaintiff's consent." The suit alleges that the plaintiff suffered "general and special damages" from the distribution of those pictures.

In Jones's absence, minor league hitting coordinator Troy Gingrich will assume assistant hitting coach duties, with Rick Schu carrying out his normal duties as hitting coach. Jones has been with the Nationals since the beginning of the 2016 season.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

HumbleJerry

• Wallet Inspector
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2017, 12:05:45 AM »
So the breasts were naked, then?