News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread  ( 112,393 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:27 AM »
Via obstructedview.net - this man is so retarded he could write a column for the Trib. I don't even know what to quote because the whole thing is so goddamned stupid.

QuoteThe Cubs don't always need to chase the biggest name. Instead, let's do what the Red Sox did. They gave a local guy a shot. Epstein was personally invested in the team and delivered. It worked because he was one of them. Same as Nolan Ryan in Texas.

And you don't always need a homegrown guy. It's the essence of a man that matters, not the address. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. When Bill Cower left, everyone was calling for a big name. Instead they hired a hungry, young coach and supported him with appropriate resources and time. Look at Mike Tomlin now, and you think one thing: Steelers.

Of course my buddies think I'm nuts (and a few other things I can't print). They say, "I don't care how we do it, I just want to finally win."

But if I've waited this long, invested this much, I want more.

So if you want to root for Theo Epstein to make it to the Hall of Fame, go for it. As for me, I'm rooting to get my team back. The one that has players who play their butts off, and fans who appreciate them for it. So that when the Cubs do eventually win — and I know they will one of these years — the championship will honor all the Cubs fans who have rooted for them throughout the last 100 years, not a GM from Boston.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2011, 08:43:27 AM
Via obstructedview.net - this man is so retarded he could write a column for the Trib. I don't even know what to quote because the whole thing is so goddamned stupid.

QuoteThe Cubs don't always need to chase the biggest name. Instead, let's do what the Red Sox did. They gave a local guy a shot. Epstein was personally invested in the team and delivered. It worked because he was one of them. Same as Nolan Ryan in Texas.

And you don't always need a homegrown guy. It's the essence of a man that matters, not the address. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. When Bill Cower left, everyone was calling for a big name. Instead they hired a hungry, young coach and supported him with appropriate resources and time. Look at Mike Tomlin now, and you think one thing: Steelers.

Of course my buddies think I'm nuts (and a few other things I can't print). They say, "I don't care how we do it, I just want to finally win."

So if you want to root for Theo Epstein to make it to the Hall of Fame, go for it. As for me, I'm rooting to get my team back. The one that has players who play their butts off, and fans who appreciate them for it. So that when the Cubs do eventually win — and I know they will one of these years — the championship will honor all the Cubs fans who have rooted for them throughout the last 100 years, not a GM from Boston.

I think it's time to stop giving local guys access to write articles in the local papers. I look forward to the day when our entire baseball culture is transformed into something successful and all these "must retain the kubbee culture" assholes shut their mouths. I think the new regime, starting today, can get us there.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »
Gary Karton (Senior Consultant) joined E-Squared Communications after spending five years as senior writer/editor for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. In addition, he spent the 2005 baseball season covering the Washington Nationals for the Washington Post Express, a publication of the Washington Post. For six years, Gary was a reporter for The Washington Post, where he wrote news and feature articles on political figures and athletes. He was the co-author of No Free Lunch (Ballantine/One World, May 2002), the inspiring true story of Rodney Carroll, the President and CEO of The Welfare to Work Partnership. Prior to joining the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, he wrote hundred of speeches on welfare issues with  business leaders, state governors, members of the White House and Democratic and Republican members of  Congress. Gary has also written op-ed pieces that have appeared in several publications, including the Washington Post and USA Today. 

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »
#OccupyWrigley

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »

I must have missed the part where Nolan Ryan had anything to do with building this Rangers' team.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 09:10:29 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 21, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

I must have missed the part where Nolan Ryan had anything to do with building this Rangers' team.

The steelers after cowher is a great example as well... wtf.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
Holy crap is that awful.
The only thing good about that article is the first comment.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 21, 2011, 08:54:17 AM
Gary Karton (Senior Consultant) joined E-Squared Communications after spending five years as senior writer/editor for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. In addition, he spent the 2005 baseball season covering the Washington Nationals for the Washington Post Express, a publication of the Washington Post. For six years, Gary was a reporter for The Washington Post, where he wrote news and feature articles on political figures and athletes. He was the co-author of No Free Lunch (Ballantine/One World, May 2002), the inspiring true story of Rodney Carroll, the President and CEO of The Welfare to Work Partnership. Prior to joining the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, he wrote hundred of speeches on welfare issues with  business leaders, state governors, members of the White House and Democratic and Republican members of  Congress. Gary has also written op-ed pieces that have appeared in several publications, including the Washington Post and USA Today. 

now he can add "Known Dumbass" to his resume.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »

So this doofus is pining for a local guy to take over and yet in the next paragraph states you don't always need a homegrown guy.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »

I bet this guy's tight with George Will.

Mister, we could use a man like Emil Verban again.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 21, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

Hey, he shows up looking hopelessly constipated and watches every damn game. That's buildin' enough.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 21, 2011, 09:30:02 AM

I bet this guy's tight with George Will.

Mister, we could use a man like Emil Verban again.

Well done. 

The fact that the next line in the source song is Didn't need no welfare state makes it fit even more.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 21, 2011, 08:52:29 AM

I think it's time to stop giving local guys access to write articles in the local papers. I look forward to the day when our entire baseball culture is transformed into something successful and all these "must retain the kubbee culture" assholes shut their mouths. I think the new regime, starting today, can get us there.

Yeah, the local guys do such a great job running things we should make them president of everthing. Oh, wait.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.