News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread  ( 112,372 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread
« Reply #780 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 10, 2014, 09:27:14 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

QuoteAre the Dodgers shopping Puig? You bet and the Cubs are of of a number of teams interested.

No idea what that would even take (probably one of Bryant or Russell, plus others), but I'm envisioning some sort of Cuban neo-bash brothers sitcom starring Puig and Soler where they torment Cardinals fans for the next decade.

If the Dodgers are crazy/dumb enough to trade a guy with his skillset who is making $6 million/per until 2018, then fuck yeah Jepstink should be all over that.

I think it's more of Ofman just offering a hot take to keep us warm until the league championships begin.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: October 10, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 10, 2014, 09:51:42 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

QuoteAre the Dodgers shopping Puig? You bet and the Cubs are of of a number of teams interested.

No idea what that would even take (probably one of Bryant or Russell, plus others), but I'm envisioning some sort of Cuban neo-bash brothers sitcom starring Puig and Soler where they torment Cardinals fans for the next decade.

If the Dodgers are crazy/dumb enough to trade a guy with his skillset who is making $6 million/per until 2018, then fuck yeah Jepstink should be all over that.

I think it's more of Ofman just offering a hot take to keep us warm until the league championships begin.

Hey Apex check out Puig's comps on Baseball Ref:

QuoteSimilar Batters 
View Similar Player Links in Pop-up
Compare Stats to Similars
Ben Paschal (962)
Len Koenecke (945)
Corey Dickerson (939)
Hack Miller (938)
John O'Rourke (936)
Ike Boone (933)
Fred Nicholson (932)
Mark Quinn (931)
Charlie Blackmon (930)
Matt Murton (924)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 10, 2014, 09:56:55 AM
QuoteSimilar Batters 
Ben Paschal (962)
Len Koenecke (945)
Corey Dickerson (939)
Hack Miller (938)
John O'Rourke (936)
Ike Boone (933)
Fred Nicholson (932)
Mark Quinn (931)
Charlie Blackmon (930)
Matt Murton (924)

Good algorithm, guys.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: October 10, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 10, 2014, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 10, 2014, 09:56:55 AM
QuoteSimilar Batters 
Ben Paschal (962)
Len Koenecke (945)
Corey Dickerson (939)
Hack Miller (938)
John O'Rourke (936)
Ike Boone (933)
Fred Nicholson (932)
Mark Quinn (931)
Charlie Blackmon (930)
Matt Murton (924)

Good algorithm, guys.

Wow! I mean, I knew the guy was getting more patient at the plate but this is even better news than I'd thought. The Dodgers with Colletti on his last leg and Mattingly not far behind are not trading Yasiel Puig. That's just completely fucking stupid. If Mattingly and Colletti hate Puig and told somebody they would hear offers that's one thing. But they'll be sitting next to Bo Porter and Harold Reynolds in about a month so offer them anything you can stand to part with and hope for a miracle I guess.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: October 10, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
George Ofman on Twitter:

Is Stanton still supposedly available for a price?  I think I'd rather have him.  Would probably take Bryant or Russel, and Soler but...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: October 10, 2014, 10:41:09 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 10, 2014, 10:24:25 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

Is Stanton still supposedly available for a price?  I think I'd rather have him.  Would probably take Bryant or Russel, and Soler but...

We're dealing in fantasyland, of course, but I'd take Puig. He's younger and under team control for longer (though he'll surely opt into arbitration; I think he can after next year), plus he could play a passable center field for at least a few more years.

Again, the Dodgers would be insane here. Other than Trout and Harper, I can't think of many players with more trade value than Puig. Maybe McCutchen?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: October 10, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 10, 2014, 10:41:09 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

We're dealing in fantasyland, of course, but I'd take Puig. He's younger and under team control for longer (though he'll surely opt into arbitration; I think he can after next year), plus he could play a passable center field for at least a few more years.

Again, the Dodgers would be insane here. Other than Trout and Harper, I can't think of many players with more trade value than Puig. Maybe McCutchen?

Huard would like you and Puig both to kindly remove yourselves from his lawn. Now.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: October 10, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 10, 2014, 10:48:07 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

Huard would like you and Puig both to kindly remove yourselves from his lawn. Now.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: October 10, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 10, 2014, 10:57:11 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: October 10, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
George Ofman on Twitter:

Bearing in mind the fuss some of you lot made about Michael Barrett's boneheaded decisions, Yasiel Puig would probably give you all a grabber.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: October 10, 2014, 12:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 10, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
George Ofman on Twitter:

Bearing in mind the fuss some of you lot made about Michael Barrett's boneheaded decisions, Yasiel Puig would probably give you all a grabber.

He's 23. He's getting better. He does not play catcher. He has more baseball talent in one piece of pubic lice than Michael Barrett had in his entire frame.

But you're right of course.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
George Ofman on Twitter:

Kris Bryant.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: October 10, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 10, 2014, 01:37:25 PM
George Ofman on Twitter:

Kris Bryant.

I don't think you're being serious, but just in case: no.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: October 10, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
According to Fangraphs.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: October 10, 2014, 04:36:36 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 10, 2014, 03:50:09 PM
According to Fangraphs.

So, to answer Eli: McCutchen and Goldschmidt.

Christ Brian, at 29, is the highest-rated minor leaguer (of two on the list).
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.