News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread  ( 112,477 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread
« Reply #855 on: May 01, 2015, 08:53:15 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 30, 2015, 04:23:49 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 30, 2015, 03:40:55 PM
Cola Melz? From MLBTR:

Quote"The Cubs have continued to touch base with the Phillies" about Hamels, sources tell Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times.  The likes of Kris Bryant or Addison Russell are "unquestionably off the table," yet Chicago has enough prospect depth to get the Phillies' attention.  Whether it's Hamels or another notable arm, Wittenmyer expects the Cubs to target starting pitching at the trade deadline.

Didn't Wittenmyer also expect that Epstein would be fired and the team in Chapter 11 by now?

Wittenmyer has been categorically wrong on almost every single prediction he's made - notably Jon Lester. Long may he pound.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
DRLP?

http://doubtingtheo.tumblr.com/

Just the tip of the iceberg, but some real gems.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
I've somehow managed to avoid Peoria classhole Nick Vlahos up until today.

For which I'm thankful.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:50 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 28, 2015, 02:57:26 PM

For which I'm thankful.

That guy makes being wrong into an artform. I'm not even mad.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: September 28, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 28, 2015, 02:55:58 PM
DRLP?

http://doubtingtheo.tumblr.com/

Just the tip of the iceberg, but some real gems.

Rather than chastise you for having vanished, I will applaud you for bringing this here. It's glorious.  You can disappear for months at a time if it means you'll put out stuff like this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »

For which I'm thankful.

I enjoyed the people ripping on him and his awful, awful opinions for a while because I assumed he was the Cubs guy for the Peoria Journal Star. Ripping on idiot media is one thing, but he writes about the friggin Peoria Zoning Board and is just some dumbass Cubs fan. After the first month of people angrily retweeting him and debating with him and then screencapping him once I'd filtered him out I got really tired of it. He's too stupid to deserve that much attention when he's not even Cubs media.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2015, 03:17:06 PM

For which I'm thankful.

I enjoyed the people ripping on him and his awful, awful opinions for a while because I assumed he was the Cubs guy for the Peoria Journal Star. Ripping on idiot media is one thing, but he writes about the friggin Peoria Zoning Board and is just some dumbass Cubs fan. After the first month of people angrily retweeting him and debating with him and then screencapping him once I'd filtered him out I got really tired of it. He's too stupid to deserve that much attention when he's not even Cubs media.

Viewed from another perspective, the fact that he's a fan makes it's worse.  I mean, WHAT.  THE FUCK.  IS.  THIS?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 28, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2015, 03:17:06 PM

For which I'm thankful.

Viewed from another perspective, the fact that he's a fan makes it's worse.  I mean, WHAT.  THE FUCK.  IS.  THIS?

He's undoubtedly the worst type of fan and I have a friend in Peoria who knows him personally and says that he is, unlike Chuck, an even worse douchebag in real life than online, but still, it's been MONTHS of people going back and forth with this guy after every good things the Cubs do and even I, Patron Saint of Arguing With Strawmen and Morons, just don't see the point. If he was actually a guy paid to give his opinion on the Cubs and persisted in his wrongness, I get hammering him like we do Gordo or Morrissey, but he's just an asshole getting way too much attention for it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: September 28, 2015, 03:30:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2015, 03:24:12 PM
he's just an asshole getting way too much attention for it.

But his Twitter has a Blue Check!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: September 28, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »
So are these long time Cubs fans that hated on Theo's plan going to be able to actually enjoy a World Series win if it happens? What a sad way to experience your favorite team winning a championship. Or maybe they just prefer being miserable.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: September 28, 2015, 03:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Tony on September 28, 2015, 03:52:06 PM
So are these long time Cubs fans that hated on Theo's plan going to be able to actually enjoy a World Series win if it happens? What a sad way to experience your favorite team winning a championship. Or maybe they just prefer being miserable.

Ask McClure of The Committed Indian.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: September 29, 2015, 07:25:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 28, 2015, 03:55:15 PM

Ask McClure of The Committed Indian. Slak

Same guy
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: September 29, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »

they'll either be like Al and just jump to the front of the parade, or be dickheads like Gordo who will somehow try to tell people his vigilance in holding Jepstink accountable is what made it all happen.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: September 29, 2015, 08:09:26 AM »
I feel like Theo and Jed should get a lot of props for the Clayton Richard/Trevor Cahill/Fernando Rodney reclamation projects, or maybe that's just Chris Bosio but either way, pretty good value they've gotten from dumpster diving this year.