News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread  ( 16,358 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
The Rangers can't let the terrorists win.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »
Did you ever see a game where neither side deserved to win?  I have been in better played sandlot games.  I thought that the World Series was supposed to be between the two best teams in professional baseball. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 28, 2011, 03:16:22 PM
Did you ever see a game where neither side deserved to win?  I have been in better played sandlot games.  I thought that the World Series was supposed to be between the two best teams in professional baseball. 
So that's why the Cubs avoid it every year.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 04:53:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 28, 2011, 03:16:22 PM
I thought that the World Series was supposed to be between the two best teams in professional baseball. 

Actually, since a short series is so random, the limited sample size of the playoffs doesn't always produce oh forget it.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Please, Jebus, allow the Cardinals to blow this game.

If you do this, I will build several shrines in your honor.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 10:31:32 PM »
Guess you didn't want those shrines, eh?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »
Fact: This thead is evil.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 10:41:31 PM »
I move that this thread be destroyed and never spoken of again.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 28, 2011, 10:41:31 PM

Seconded.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 28, 2011, 10:42:21 PM

Seconded.

Bah, who gives a shit?  Honestly, outside of Dogpatch?  Nobody.  Theo Epstein is going to build this shit here in Chicago.  And the Cubs are going to win.  And when they do, it's going to be the story of the fucking century.  The Cards fans will cry because they have more World Series titles and the Sox will bitch because they did it first and it won't matter because nobody gives a shit because it all pales in comparison to a single Cubs win..  The Cubs will win the World Series, and all other teams will cease to exist.  And we'll be as obnoxious and insufferable as a billion Red Sox fans.  It will be glorious.  Fucking glorious.

THESE ARE THE DEMANDS AND SAYINGS OF CT.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 28, 2011, 10:47:20 PM

Seconded.

Bah, who gives a shit?  Honestly, outside of Dogpatch?  Nobody.  Theo Epstein is going to build this shit here in Chicago.  And the Cubs are going to win.  And when they do, it's going to be the story of the fucking century.  The Cards fans will cry because they have more World Series titles and the Sox will bitch because they did it first and it won't matter because nobody gives a shit because it all pales in comparison to a single Cubs win..  The Cubs will win the World Series, and all other teams will cease to exist.  And we'll be as obnoxious and insufferable as a billion Red Sox fans.  It will be glorious.  Fucking glorious.

I love abusive relationships.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 12:16:01 AM »
I hope Tony LaRussa drives into the back of a tow truck with Ryan Theriot strapped into the kiddie seat next to him.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 02:33:18 AM »

Seconded.

I am tattooing this post on my soul.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »

Seconded.

Makes me want to stand up and salute!  On second thought, it makes me want to cry.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

Seconded.

I'm surprised zorses didn't figure in anywhere.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16