News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 10: Earl's $10,000 Kicks  ( 5,064 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 10: Earl's $10,000 Kicks
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »
Megatron. Psssh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
Anyone find a gif of Stafford vs Moore yet?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 13, 2011, 07:49:32 PM
Megatron. Psssh.

DAT GUY IS GOOD MY FRENT.  DA ONLY REASON HE WASN'T WAS DAT STAFFORT GUI IS DA SON OF CUTLER AND GROSTMENS

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2011, 05:50:14 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2011, 05:09:04 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2011, 03:58:51 PM
I love the BBE in so many unnatural ways. He's glorious.

I've googled "BBE" and "Earl Bennett" but all I'm seeing are posts from some obscure Broncos blog.

Okay, I laughed.

So... Ummm... Care to explain?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2011, 11:03:53 PM

I've googled "BBE" and "Earl Bennett" but all I'm seeing are posts from some obscure Broncos blog.

Okay, I laughed.

If only there were some way to find this information.  Perhaps it is kept somewhere in a system of tubes.

Of course, Bobby Engram is black...
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22:26 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 14, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2011, 11:03:53 PM

Okay, I laughed.

If only there were some way to find this information.  Perhaps it is kept somewhere in a system of tubes.

That appears to be a blog entry recapping a preseason NFL game, the mere notion of which is so absurd on its face as to beggar belief.

I mean, who the hell takes the second game of the preseason like it's not bullshit?

Quote from: morpheus on November 14, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
Of course, Bobby Engram is black...

Hmmm... I suppose one might even say that that's the joke.

Whatever the case, this one would probably have a bit more traction if SKO cared enough to ever spend even one red cent on his site.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
Quote from: BC on November 13, 2011, 07:47:20 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2011, 06:04:01 PM
I feel like, every time I watch a game with Brennaman on the call, when the time comes to honor the veterans on the field, Thom says something to the effect of "it took way too long" for the NFL to start honoring the military.

It's like he's grabbing Billick's telestrator pen and scrawling the words "NOT GOOD ENOUGH, ASSHOLES" across the screen.

What's the deal with that?

Apparently a standing ovation is not intricate enough for him.

As predictably awful as tHom was, I also was amused by how dumb Billick sounded on the Cutler fumble--which the officials ruled an incomplete pass.  These two asshats bemoaned poor ole' Dre Bly's attamept-in-vain to scoop up the ball and regain possession, even though Bly grabbed the ball about 8 seconds after the whistle blew and 4 seconds after the ball lay still after players from both sides walked past it.  Shit--if there was no whistle, then you could argue that the Bear receiver (Hurd or Bennett, can't remember) had the best chance at scooping the ball.  The best part, though, was Bilick explaining that this is "why you're supposed to play a few seconds after the whistle."  Is he fucking crazy?  That's how you get players hurt and/or penalized. I couldn't believe he said that and he wears a Super Bowl ring.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »
Billick sounded completely uninterested in the game after it got to the blowout stage. Not to defend him, since I don't think he's very good, but that may have been why he had a brain cramp on that one.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 08:29:41 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2011, 05:09:47 AM
I feel like, every time I watch a game with Brennaman on the call, when the time comes to honor the veterans on the field, Thom says something to the effect of "it took way too long" for the NFL to start honoring the military.

It's like he's grabbing Billick's telestrator pen and scrawling the words "NOT GOOD ENOUGH, ASSHOLES" across the screen.

As predictably awful as tHom was, I also was amused by how dumb Billick sounded on the Cutler fumble--which the officials ruled an incomplete pass.  These two asshats bemoaned poor ole' Dre Bly's attamept-in-vain to scoop up the ball and regain possession, even though Bly grabbed the ball about 8 seconds after the whistle blew and 4 seconds after the ball lay still after players from both sides walked past it.  Shit--if there was no whistle, then you could argue that the Bear receiver (Hurd or Bennett, can't remember) had the best chance at scooping the ball.  The best part, though, was Bilick explaining that this is "why you're supposed to play a few seconds after the whistle."  Is he fucking crazy?  That's how you get players hurt and/or penalized. I couldn't believe he said that and he wears a Super Bowl ring.

Billick was probably thrown off by all the intricacies of that "intricate language" Thom was going on about. Namely: "the ball was dead before anyone tried to pick it up."

SCREWED AGAIN BY THE "RULE BOOK"!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 14, 2011, 08:29:41 AM

As predictably awful as tHom was, I also was amused by how dumb Billick sounded on the Cutler fumble--which the officials ruled an incomplete pass.  These two asshats bemoaned poor ole' Dre Bly's attamept-in-vain to scoop up the ball and regain possession, even though Bly grabbed the ball about 8 seconds after the whistle blew and 4 seconds after the ball lay still after players from both sides walked past it.  Shit--if there was no whistle, then you could argue that the Bear receiver (Hurd or Bennett, can't remember) had the best chance at scooping the ball.  The best part, though, was Bilick explaining that this is "why you're supposed to play a few seconds after the whistle."  Is he fucking crazy?  That's how you get players hurt and/or penalized. I couldn't believe he said that and he wears a Super Bowl ring.

Billick was probably thrown off by all the intricacies of that "intricate language" Thom was going on about. Namely: "the ball was dead before anyone tried to pick it up."

The best benefit to having a ticket to the game is that you do not have to listen to tHom Brennaman or Brian Billick. That is all.

I held out hope Detroit could knock off Green Bay at Ford Field and that another NFC team could steal one leading up to the Christmas game against the Bears. I'm resigned to that not happening.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

As predictably awful as tHom was, I also was amused by how dumb Billick sounded on the Cutler fumble--which the officials ruled an incomplete pass.  These two asshats bemoaned poor ole' Dre Bly's attamept-in-vain to scoop up the ball and regain possession, even though Bly grabbed the ball about 8 seconds after the whistle blew and 4 seconds after the ball lay still after players from both sides walked past it.  Shit--if there was no whistle, then you could argue that the Bear receiver (Hurd or Bennett, can't remember) had the best chance at scooping the ball.  The best part, though, was Bilick explaining that this is "why you're supposed to play a few seconds after the whistle."  Is he fucking crazy?  That's how you get players hurt and/or penalized. I couldn't believe he said that and he wears a Super Bowl ring.

I'm not sure what's worse, Billick having one or Dilfer having one.  In any case, they both owe Ray Lewis multiple pounds of frozen imitation crab meat.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 14, 2011, 08:41:29 AM

The best benefit to having a ticket to the game is that you do not have to listen to tHom Brennaman or Brian Billick. That is all.

I held out hope Detroit could knock off Green Bay at Ford Field and that another NFC team could steal one leading up to the Christmas game against the Bears. I'm resigned to that not happening.

While that would be nice, I'm pretty sure that the runner-up in the NFC Central will still be eligbile to have that ginger-haired guy hand them a shiny trophy come February...
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 14, 2011, 11:38:25 AM

While that would be nice, I'm pretty sure that the runner-up in the NFC Central Norris Division will still be eligbile to have that ginger-haired guy hand them a shiny trophy come February...

Berman'd

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

While that would be nice, I'm pretty sure that the runner-up in the NFC Central will still be eligbile to have that ginger-haired guy hand them a shiny trophy come February...

Very true, and while it would be nice to see the Bears beat Green Bay in Lambeau in the NFC Championship game, I'd rather have the game at Soldier Field. That way, I'm there, Apex's there, Huey is (maybe) there, and none of us have to listen to Joe Buck compalin about the "disgusting display" of Jay Cutler wiping his ass with the Packers secondary.

That all said, Super Bowl XLVI is in Indy. IU plays Purdue in West Lafayette at 7 pm on Feb. 4, and the Bears will kick off 65 miles south 23 1/2 hours later. I'd love nothing more to make a doubleheader out of it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 14, 2011, 12:20:56 PM

Very true, and while it would be nice to see the Bears beat Green Bay in Lambeau in the NFC Championship game, I'd rather have the game at Soldier Field. That way, I'm there, Apex's there, Huey is (maybe) there, and none of us have to listen to Joe Buck compalin about the "disgusting display" of Jay Cutler wiping his ass with the Packers secondary.

That all said, Super Bowl XLVI is in Indy. IU plays Purdue in West Lafayette at 7 pm on Feb. 4, and the Bears will kick off 65 miles south 23 1/2 hours later. I'd love nothing more to make a doubleheader out of it.

No one had better touch me that day or I'll need a change of pants immediately. I might as well carry around a backpack stuffed to the gills with windpants.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.