News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,358 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »
The Bulls reached a new low Monday night by losing to the Washington Wizards. Seriously? First, they play like complete shit against the Pistons on Sunday. They had a 14-point lead and blew it to the Pistons. Rose hits a three to force overtime. They commit about five fouls; none of which were called and they end up winning. They make 21 turnovers in the game but still find a way to win against a 22-win team. Fine.

Let's go to Monday against the 14-46 Wizards. Oh man. This is going to be tough. First, they get an 11-point lead in the 4th quarter in which, they promptly cough it up. They miss six free throws and commit 17 turnovers. They had quite a few in the last quarter that ultimately, sealed their fate.

I use to say, well, they beat up on the bums but they lose to teams like the Thunder, Sixers and Pacers. In just over 24 hours, they steal a game from the 22-win Pistons but end up being embarrassed by the now, 15-win Wizards. Also, the Heat won on Monday so the Bulls could still piss away the #1 seed but let's be honest, what does it matter? The Bulls could very well be upset by the Knickerbockers or Sixers. How does anyone expect the Bulls to win a playoff series when they barely beat the Pistons and lose to the Wizards?

Here's another reason why the loss to the 15-46 Wizards hurts: The Spurs won as well on Monday night and the Bulls only have a one-loss lead in the standings for home court. They lead the Eastern Conference by just two losses over the Heat with a match-up on Thursday. Five games left and they have to win at least four of them to secure home court. PATHETIC.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »

Standing in Ironworks watching Fro react to Asik missing a free throw was the absolute best thing ever.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
/thread
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »
#blackbobhummel
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 28, 2012, 05:46:35 PM
/thread

It's karma for those assholes who posted bullshit from Fro all year long.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 28, 2012, 10:35:43 PM
/thread

Seems a little unfair to the rest of us. But if Fro felt any pain from this it's kinda worth it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2012, 12:36:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 28, 2012, 10:42:33 PM
/thread

Seems a little unfair to the rest of us. But if Fro felt any pain from this it's kinda worth it.

So what do you guys think: Is this on Thibodeau?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »
I see people bitching that Rose was still in the game, which is such unmitigated second-guessing.  I doubt any of these puds had that thought before the injury happened.  It wasn't like they were up 30.  It was still a 4 possession game with a couiple minutes left.  Bulls "fans" might be the worst fans in town--and that's no small feat.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »
/thread

This is exactly what Fro would say.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 29, 2012, 12:36:31 AM

Nah. Thibs has as much to do with the Bulls' success as Rose (arguably more). And he's so good because he over-prepares and over-analyzes and nothing is ever good enough for him, like a 12-point lead with 90 seconds left. That's usually to the Bulls' benefit. Unfortunately, it backfired this time. You can't get upset with him for asking his basketball players to play basketball in the playoffs. The guy's earned the benefit of the doubt from me for a long, long time.

I still think the Bulls have a shot at making the conference finals without Rose*. They have almost no chance at a title now, but like Andy said, they'll still make us proud. You know, if you're the type of person that still has the capacity to be sincere about sports.

* Admittedly, my track record of optimism in the face of sports-tragedy hasn't ever really panned out. I thought the Cubs would win Game 7 of the NLCS in 2003; I was sure the Bears could win enough games to make the playoffs without Cutler; just yesterday, I thought Rose was fine because he put weight on his knee walking down the tunnel. So, nevermind. They could still lose to the Sixers in 7.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 29, 2012, 08:46:52 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 29, 2012, 12:36:31 AM

Nah. Thibs has as much to do with the Bulls' success as Rose (arguably more). And he's so good because he over-prepares and over-analyzes and nothing is ever good enough for him, like a 12-point lead with 90 seconds left. That's usually to the Bulls' benefit. Unfortunately, it backfired this time. You can't get upset with him for asking his basketball players to play basketball in the playoffs. The guy's earned the benefit of the doubt from me for a long, long time.

I still think the Bulls have a shot at making the conference finals without Rose*. They have almost no chance at a title now, but like Andy said, they'll still make us proud. You know, if you're the type of person that still has the capacity to be sincere about sports.

* Admittedly, my track record of optimism in the face of sports-tragedy hasn't ever really panned out. I thought the Cubs would win Game 7 of the NLCS in 2003; I was sure the Bears could win enough games to make the playoffs without Cutler; just yesterday, I thought Rose was fine because he put weight on his knee walking down the tunnel. So, nevermind. They could still lose to the Sixers in 7.

Yeah, I'm still confused as to how this could be Thibodeau's fault.  A 10 point lead with just over a minute to play doesn't seem insurmountable to me.  And it's not like the 76ers sent their 12th man onto the floor to cheap shot Rose - it was just a freak occurrence.  A terrible, terrible freak occurrence.

If you're going to blame anyone, blame Apex.  Rose never got hurt until he started watching the NBA again.

My bad, this is apparently Adidas' fault.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nike-designer-injured-derrick-rose-adidas-man-chose-040710618.html

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »
With the type of defense the Bulls play, 12 points with 90 seconds is a done-deal. Rose needed an assist and a board for a triple-double. And you know he wanted it. First game back, and everybody was excited. Even Thibs. It happens. What's important to remember is that Rose was going to break down at some point because all of the nagging injuries had piled up and something had to give. It was his left ACL that finally had enough.

I really do understand that Thibs is motivated to win constantly and it is to his credit that he's able to motivate guys to play with super retard strength every night during the least interesting regular season since the color barrier was broken. And the toll is obvious. That coveted number one seed will do them absolutely no good once again. I don't have a medical degree that will allow me to say with any certainty that Thibs' methods led to the demise of Rose, Deng, Hamilton et al. but it's a vast departure from what Popovich did and his team appears healthy at present.

In short, the Bulls will continue to make you proud if you love basketball because they play the game the right way. With super retard strength.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 29, 2012, 06:59:21 AM
I see people bitching that Rose was still in the game, which is such unmitigated second-guessing.  I doubt any of these puds had that thought before the injury happened.  It wasn't like they were up 30.  It was still a 4 possession game with a couiple minutes left.  Bulls "fans" might be the worst fans in town--and that's no small feat.

I think there is a big chasm between fans who actually know the game and the Chads in the 100 section who grew up watching Jordan have his way with the world. I get frustrated with the overall lack of basic basketball IQ I encounter in the city but there are some old heads and some brothers who truly love and understand the game. I need to get Rahm to give them a computer.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 29, 2012, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: PANK! on April 29, 2012, 06:59:21 AM

I think there is a big chasm between fans who actually know the game and the Chads in the 100 section who grew up watching Jordan have his way with the world. I get frustrated with the overall lack of basic basketball IQ I encounter in the city but there are some old heads and some brothers who truly love and understand the game. I need to get Rahm to give them a computer.

Donate yours please
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
My dad apparently reads Penisnose so I don't have to.  If not for the discussion I had with him earlier today, I may have gone to my grave unaware of this.

QuoteDerrick Rose was clutching his left knee in pain, and the question that a lot of people had been asking themselves in the minutes before the injury occurred suddenly became a plaintive, frustrated cry:

Why?

Why in the world was the Bulls' superstar still playing when Saturday's game was already in hand?

Why in the world does someone pay this man to express his thoughts on SPORTZ?

I was thinking of the fans when I made my comment.  Silly of me to not have anticipated the writers' ability to be super-shitheaded.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs