News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,502 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 28, 2013, 10:47:41 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 28, 2013, 05:15:50 AM
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.

Finally, the Cardinals show everyone how to run the bases THE RIGHT WAY. Ronny Cedeno and Ryan Theriot were way ahead of their time.

Why didn't baseball's best fans applaud Uehara for such a good move to first base?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 28, 2013, 11:25:48 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 28, 2013, 10:43:27 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2013, 09:56:01 AM
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.

My favorite part is the ad at the beginning, Bo Jackson for 5-Hour Energy. If that's what he's doing now, I'm guessing he'd at least read a CRACK BACK script.

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

I'm no PenFoe, but I'm pretty sure that's not how TV commercial actors get paid.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »

My favorite part is the ad at the beginning, Bo Jackson for 5-Hour Energy. If that's what he's doing now, I'm guessing he'd at least read a CRACK BACK script.

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

I'm no PenFoe, but I'm pretty sure that's not how TV commercial actors get paid.

CD IS RIGHT!

Talent buyouts are generally for 1-year at a time, based on the medium. 

Essentially, you'd pay Bo $x for 1-year of talent usage to run this spot on TV and then an incremental amount to run it online.   If it's running nationally, the amount increases (versus spot markets) but that's based on the reach versus the frequency. So, the total amount of times it runs doesn't impact the usage fees. 

The pay-per-use model is more for talent in syndicated programs (this is where you see actors getting checks when shows get picked up in re-runs.) 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 28, 2013, 11:53:15 AM
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

CD IS RIGHT!

Essentially, you'd pay Bo $x for 1-year of talent usage to run this spot on TV and then an incremental amount to run it online.   If it's running nationally, the amount increases (versus spot markets) but that's based on the reach versus the frequency. So, the total amount of times it runs doesn't impact the usage fees.  

The pay-per-use model is more for talent in syndicated programs (this is where you see actors getting checks when shows get picked up in re-runs.)  

While we're being serious, I'd like to mention that it could be different in Sudan, or Malaysia, or wherever Tonker lives.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2013, 12:02:51 PM
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

CD IS RIGHT!

Essentially, you'd pay Bo $x for 1-year of talent usage to run this spot on TV and then an incremental amount to run it online.   If it's running nationally, the amount increases (versus spot markets) but that's based on the reach versus the frequency. So, the total amount of times it runs doesn't impact the usage fees.  

While we're being serious, I'd like to mention that it could be different in Sudan, or Malaysia, or wherever Tonker lives.

Yeah, but what's important is where Bo lives. And if Bo lived in Sudan, we wouldn't have had a bunch of Chaco-clad hippies screaming about Darfur for a few years because Bo would have handled biz.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2013, 12:02:51 PM

CD IS RIGHT!

We all know where Tonker lives. Arizona will play Mickey Mouse's team there next March.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
What a sorry bunch of losers!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »
Well, at least all those meth cooks still have the Rams to root for.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
I'd probably be laughing more if the Cardinals weren't going to win like five more World Series before the Cubs even make the playoffs.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
Who won?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:34 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 31, 2013, 07:57:53 AM
I'd probably be laughing more if the Cardinals weren't going to win like five more World Series before the Cubs even make the playoffs.

Hey Sadsack Eli, we need to focus on the positives: they're somewhat sad now.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 31, 2013, 08:38:34 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 31, 2013, 07:57:53 AM

Hey Sadsack Eli, we need to focus on the positives: they're somewhat sad now.

I said laughing more. I never said I wasn't laughing at them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse/url].
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16